Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Ched Evans signs for Sheff Utd.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]cheap price, expensive wages!![/quote]I think his value will only rise, thus making the wages not so excessive.

[quote user="colneycanary"]For a reported £1.5 million on a 4 year deal worth 20k a week. I think they''ve got a bargain and good luck to him![/quote]

Interesting question?

I agree the fee looks good value but is he better value than say........ Leroy Lita who would sign for less wages and no fee?

A good signing for a team that will surely be challenging again this season.  Good luck to Ched, a loanee that actually cared about the club.

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[quote user="colneycanary"]For a reported £1.5 million on a 4 year deal worth 20k a week. I think they''ve got a bargain and good luck to him![/quote]

Interesting question?

I agree the fee looks good value but is he better value than say........ Leroy Lita who would sign for less wages and no fee?

[/quote]I would say yes, no doubt.Evans is younger, a full international and already a more complete striker than Lita will ever be in my opinion - and I like Lita.If Sheff Utd have got him for 1.5m then it''s a steal. If it''s the mentioned 4m (i.e. 1.5m initially +clauses) then it''s still cheap.Evans is class.

[quote user="barryevans"]the fee is just under 4 million but reckon he''s worth that money[/quote]

The fee being reported is £1.5 million.

One club got a $20 million payoff. One was relegated.

Like it or not we are where we are, we need to start over with our own talent.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/mar/16/sheffield-united-west-ham-carlos-tevez

great player and well done to him! I think he will go on to be a big star in the game one day, please dont score too many past us when our paths next cross!

jas :)

He better not go to Scum, I would be annoyed. I would have thought he would have gone to a lower prem club, I think he is good enough for a Hull, Burnley or Wigan.

Sheffield Star reports today he has still not signed, and Newcastle and the Scum are still tipped to be in the hunt.  It seems Sheff U need to sell their Kyle boys first but there is a lot of demand for them.  To my mind if they can go for £8 million, then Ched''s fee must be way over £1.5 million so hopfeully as Keano has already spent his £6 million, he won''t be troubled by them.

.....and who exactly has Keane spent £6 Million on then?

If you insist on commenting on your betters, please try and get your facts straight.

Otherwise you just end up looking a bit silly.

[quote user="TheHorseman"]

If you insist on commenting on your betters, please try and get your facts straight.

Otherwise you just end up looking a bit silly.

[/quote] No you are wrong Horseman, Keano went for a meal at delias restaurant, 6 million gone just like that !!

[quote user="TheHorseman"]

[/quote]

A load of auld sh*t to be sold for less than half their cost a season later like he did at Sunderland?

I dunno scummy one, you tell us.

One thing I do know is that he''ll waste a lot of Evans'' money then run away.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="TheHorseman"]

[/quote]

A load of auld sh*t to be sold for less than half their cost a season later like he did at Sunderland?

I dunno scummy one, you tell us.

One thing I do know is that he''ll waste a lot of Evans'' money then run away.....................

[/quote]

................having got them promoted.

OTBC

Well evaded.

I bet Sunderland are gutted he got them promoted.

I''m sure they wish they had employed Grant or Roeder or Gunn.........they''d ne much better off right now wouldn''t they?

Silly boy. 

The loan system strikes again, benefitting the rich and costing the less well off more.

As a Man City reserve who was not going to make their first team how much would Ched Evans have been transferred for had not he played almost twice as many games for us than them? Again we trained, coached, played him and gave him experience of Championship football and exposure. We have increased his value for Man City quite nicely and paid his wages for the priviledge.

We had the chance to have a good player playing for us but ultimately it did us little good and denied us the chance of developing our own players at the time. The loan system is now in place to benefit the rich at the expense of the leser well off.