Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

goran maric.

We understand that Goran Maric, could well be offered a contract very soon, according to an interview with the players representaive; who had the following to say, this is a translation of the conversation from Russian as he doesn''t speak English:

"They have asked Goran to go back with the team to their home and have said they want to make him a playing offer. Mr Gunney (sic) has been very nice to him. He is a good boy and thinks he has played well for Mr Gunney. He has told me he is very excited about playing for Norwitch (sic)and believes you want him to play for you. He is a very good player. We are all waiting to hear from Mr Gunney about what he thinks but he has asked my boy to come to their home and talk about playing for Norwitch so this is very, very good. "

fingers crossed on that on then !!!!

Previous article -

[quote user="singing canary"]We understand that Goran Maric, could well be offered a contract very soon, according to an interview with the players representaive; who had the following to say, this is a translation of the conversation from Russian as he doesn''t speak English: "They have asked Goran to go back with the team to their home and have said they want to make him a playing offer. Mr Gunney (sic) has been very nice to him. He is a good boy and thinks he has played well for Mr Gunney. He has told me he is very excited about playing for Norwitch (sic)and believes you want him to play for you. He is a very good player. We are all waiting to hear from Mr Gunney about what he thinks but he has asked my boy to come to their home and talk about playing for Norwitch so this is very, very good. " fingers crossed on that on then !!!! Previous article -[/quote]

Source? By the way, surely Maric speaks Serbian, not Russian?

probably speaks both - many of the former easten block countries had russian as a compulsory part of the education system until very recently.. 

It''s obviously a joke, a little bit of casual racism... honestly... I know it''s monday morning but even I''m not that asleep, still!

Good old Cam posted on their forum and was asked for permission to use the post.  The agent spoke Serbian and Russian, but those interviewing only spoke Russian. 

And joke it wasn''t

Lets hope it is sorted out quickly, I am sure his pre-season form will not have gone un-noticed!

Its worth a shout.

Jordi Gomez came from the same level and played for Barcelona B as did Maric.

[quote user="Buzz Killington"]26 I think.[/quote]

nameGoran Marić
Date of birth23 March 1984 (1984-03-23) (age 25)
Place of birth   Novi Sad, SFR Yugoslavia
Height1.84 m (6 ft +12 in)
Playing positionStriker
Club information
Current clubFC Barcelona B
Youth career
1999–2000
2000–2001
2001–2004
Compostela
FC Barcelona
Celta de Vigo
Senior career1
YearsClubApp (Gls)*
2002–2008
2006–2007
2007–2009
2008–2009
Celta B
Las Palmas (loan)
Celta de Vigo
FC Barcelona B (loan)
148 (49)
006 0(0)
001 0(0)
033 (11)   

1 Senior club appearances and goals
counted for the domestic league only.
* Appearances

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]probably speaks both - many of the former easten block countries had russian as a compulsory part of the education system until very recently.. [/quote]The Serbian do speak a bit of Russian but not because they were part of the Eastern block - far from it. The former Yugoslavia was able to rid themselves of German occupation before the Russians had a chance to ''Liberate'' them. So they were never Eastern block - they just share the Slavic background with much of the Eastern block.Plus they would have needed to swear at the Russians a bit I guess.Anyway the Mr. Gunney thing is very very funny - at first it sounded like he was saying Mr. Gunney is a good boy too.

scoring one in three ..

he should be a good player in our division .

a good history as well and mixed with some big name players .

hope this one comes off .

"And joke it wasn''t"

You sure... if this is a translation, was the original Russian/Serbian misspelt or mispronounced, that the translated version carried those through, or what? Doesn''t rub!

"Norwitch" just sounds like someone is taking the mickey out of the Russian/Serbian accent. I''m surprised they didn''t mention "nuclear wessels [sic]" or something...

Apologies if I''m wrong, tho...

as far as I can tell that is the nearest translation given, I will contact Cam and double check.the (sic)  indicates he knows there is an  unusual spelling

"as far as I can tell that is the nearest translation given, I will contact Cam and double check.the (sic)  indicates he knows there is an  unusual spelling"

Yeah, I know... but that doesn''t explain translating from native Russian/Serbian to English, but preserving the accent, comically, for no good reason!

[quote user="ob1"]"And joke it wasn''t" You sure... if this is a translation, was the original Russian/Serbian misspelt or mispronounced, that the translated version carried those through, or what? Doesn''t rub! "Norwitch" just sounds like someone is taking the mickey out of the Russian/Serbian accent. I''m surprised they didn''t mention "nuclear wessels [sic]" or something... Apologies if I''m wrong, tho...[/quote]

Прошу прощения

[quote user="Camuldonum"]GOR-ahn[/quote]

Thanks for that, Good Old Cam, what would we do without you ?!

[quote user="Haggerdoo"]

Would be great news if we actually manage to sign him up - come on Mr Gunney

Watched this half a dozen times now - I''m sure he''d do a decent job in league 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVZL5Dejrk4

[/quote]Yeah, I agree. I particularly like the bit around 2 mins in where he wipes out the goalie.He''s a fair unit though, bet he has "fitness" problems (ie eats too much).