Sign in to follow this  
N.Ireland Canary

United name squad for friendly

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

We once beat the full Busby Babes team whilst a member of the Third Division...... Now we don''t even warrant a single grown up player it seems.....

Nice of Gunn to babysit for Ferguson though... but then that''s what such good contacts are for I guess.

[/quote]

Steady up Cluck you are not allowed to mention the glorious past, you will upset the sheep again.

Talking of which I had 2 in my garden on Sunday, messing and wetting everwhere in their nervousness.

Guided them back into the fold and with the rest of the flock round them they seemed much happier.

Just leaves me to clear up the mess!

[/quote]

I apologise .... 

I realise that such non-creationist views should never be uttered outside of the Purist Community Headquarters ... but damn it.... it''s so hard..... [:''(]

Will it ever end Butler? Will it? Will it? Will it ever end? ...Will it?..........Will it? ........Will it then?

[/quote]

Cluck, although it has not not stopped you previously, you really should resist speaking of things of which you appear to know not. Although we did beat a formidable Manchester United team in January of 1959 it was no longer correct to refer to them as the Busby Babes as eight of those babes had perished in the Munich crash almost a year earlier. 

[/quote]

I bow to your intellectual inferiority.......

The Man. Utd. conveyor belt continued long after Munich....and any youth brought through the system during Busby''s tenure was a "Busby Babe".......

Now... I must open a window because I can smell urine again......

[quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

We once beat the full Busby Babes team whilst a member of the Third Division...... Now we don''t even warrant a single grown up player it seems.....

Nice of Gunn to babysit for Ferguson though... but then that''s what such good contacts are for I guess.

[/quote]

Steady up Cluck you are not allowed to mention the glorious past, you will upset the sheep again.

Talking of which I had 2 in my garden on Sunday, messing and wetting everwhere in their nervousness.

Guided them back into the fold and with the rest of the flock round them they seemed much happier.

Just leaves me to clear up the mess!

[/quote]

I apologise .... 

I realise that such non-creationist views should never be uttered outside of the Purist Community Headquarters ... but damn it.... it''s so hard..... [:''(]

Will it ever end Butler? Will it? Will it? Will it ever end? ...Will it?..........Will it? ........Will it then?

[/quote]

Cluck, although it has not not stopped you previously, you really should resist speaking of things of which you appear to know not. Although we did beat a formidable Manchester United team in January of 1959 it was no longer correct to refer to them as the Busby Babes as eight of those babes had perished in the Munich crash almost a year earlier. 

[/quote]

I bow to your intellectual inferiority.......

The Man. Utd. conveyor belt continued long after Munich....and any youth brought through the system during Busby''s tenure was a "Busby Babe".......

Now... I must open a window because I can smell urine again......

[/quote]

The point you made, which I correctly refuted, was that we beat the Busby Babes. No, we did not. After the  Munich disaster Matt Busby brought in players like Ernie Taylor who was already in his mid 40''s. It took four or five seasons before Matt Busby built Manchester United back to a title contender, primarily by bringing in players from other clubs such as Dennis Law. Like I said, speak not of which you know not.

Now, if you are still smelling urine, I suggest you either take a shower or stop shaking hands so gleefully with your fellow Purists.  

The United squad in full: Tom Heaton (GK), David Gray, Danny Simpson,

Ritchie De Laet, Oliver Gill, Corry Evans, Magnus Eikrem, Oliver

Norwood, Febian Brandy, Tom Cleverley, Cameron Stewart, Ron Robert

Zieler (GK), Reece Brown, Scott Moffatt, Sam Hewson, Nicholas Ajose,

Joe Dudgeon.those 4 are experienced, and very good playersthe rest are youth.

What a joke, I am glad I am not going.My friend went to school with Brandy, apparently he is not the nicest chap in the world.