Sign in to follow this  
N.Ireland Canary

United name squad for friendly

Even less illustrious than I imagined! Can''t believe they are charging us £10 to see a Youth Team!

I recognise a lot of players on there mainly due to the wonderful world of football manager.Some interesting prospects there, but not enough to make me part with £10 I imagine, although I may be pursuaded by friends and the promise of beer...

And with Crook hinting at it being the boys again at Dereham this week is looking a bit BORING for pre season football!

[quote user="yorkcanary"]Even the United fans won''t recognise any of their own players.[/quote]Most of them can''t name more than 15 of their whole squad!

[quote user="jimidack"]I recognise a lot of players on there mainly due to the wonderful world of football manager.

Some interesting prospects there, but not enough to make me part with £10 I imagine, although I may be pursuaded by friends and the promise of beer...
[/quote]

Agreed - Simpson, Evans and Brandy are all decent players.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

[quote user="jimidack"]I recognise a lot of players on there mainly due to the wonderful world of football manager.Some interesting prospects there, but not enough to make me part with £10 I imagine, although I may be pursuaded by friends and the promise of beer...[/quote]

Agreed - Simpson, Evans and Brandy are all decent players.

[/quote]Hit the nail on the head, they were the players I had in mind, I here Brandy is quick and not a bad finisher. He has played a few league cup games I think, or am I going crazy?

Ah yes, FM 2009!

Have signed Corry Evans from them quite a few times-and the keeper (Zieler) has been "offered" once or twice!

But what, no Tom Cleverley?

With the first team in Asia it was never likely we would see any of the famous players, or even the Gibsons, Evans et al.

Will still be a good work out for our guys as any Man U team will be well organised and very fit. Hope Gunny can use this as scouting mission and maybe pick up some decent youngsters on loan to fill some of out gaps.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Even less illustrious than I imagined! Can''t believe they are charging us £10 to see a Youth Team![/quote]

yet they charge us £25 to see Colchester united! id sooner pay the tenner for that!

jas :)

[quote user="dhickl"][quote user="yorkcanary"]Even the United fans won''t recognise any of their own players.[/quote]Most of them can''t name more than 15 of their whole squad![/quote]Indeed.I remember having this debate with a United fan, and i tried making the point that most of their lot can barely name their squad, rarely/never see their team play, and that it''s only at a stretch that they can call themselves fans. Needless to say he disagreed, despite never having watched United in the flesh.I named 22 Manchester United players..... He named 4.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Some very talented youngsters in that side and will still be a tough game. Really feel for the Norfolk based Man Utd fans who paid £10, hoping to see some established stars.[/quote]

their falt for glory hunting!

[quote user="John"][quote user="dhickl"][quote user="yorkcanary"]Even the United fans won''t recognise any of their own players.[/quote]Most of them can''t name more than 15 of their whole squad![/quote]Indeed.I remember having this debate with a United fan, and i tried making the point that most of their lot can barely name their squad, rarely/never see their team play, and that it''s only at a stretch that they can call themselves fans. Needless to say he disagreed, despite never having watched United in the flesh.I named 22 Manchester United players..... He named 4.[/quote]What are you trying to prove? that all man utd fans are crap because 1 you met didnt know much. Obviously going to have glory hunters, what with being the most successful team over the past 2 decades. And we had our fair share of glory hunters when we went up as well so..

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Even less illustrious than I imagined! Can''t believe they are charging us £10 to see a Youth Team![/quote]

yet they charge us £25 to see Colchester united! id sooner pay the tenner for that!

[/quote]

Burnley fans are being charged fifteen quid to watch Premier football this season.  [:@]

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Burnley fans are being charged fifteen quid to watch Premier football this season.  [:@][/quote]

yeah, but they need to attract bigger crowds next season, alot bigger than they have been this season!

We once beat the full Busby Babes team whilst a member of the Third Division...... Now we don''t even warrant a single grown up player it seems.....

Nice of Gunn to babysit for Ferguson though... but then that''s what such good contacts are for I guess.

[quote user="St. Cluck"]

We once beat the full Busby Babes team whilst a member of the Third Division...... Now we don''t even warrant a single grown up player it seems.....

Nice of Gunn to babysit for Ferguson though... but then that''s what such good contacts are for I guess.

[/quote]

Steady up Cluck you are not allowed to mention the glorious past, you will upset the sheep again.

Talking of which I had 2 in my garden on Sunday, messing and wetting everwhere in their nervousness.

Guided them back into the fold and with the rest of the flock round them they seemed much happier.

Just leaves me to clear up the mess!

[quote user="NottsCanary"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Burnley fans are being charged fifteen quid to watch Premier football this season.  [:@][/quote]

yeah, but they need to attract bigger crowds next season, alot bigger than they have been this season![/quote]

Oh, that''s alright then, that explains all - with your kind of logical reasoning it''s a wonder the club don''t charge £40 to watch Yeovil, because you obviously wouldn''t mind.  [:P]What are you doing in Nottingham, it''s looking more like a third world sh*t-hole by the day?

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="NottsCanary"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

yeah, but they need to attract bigger crowds next season, alot bigger than they have been this season![/quote]

Oh, that''s alright then, that explains all - with your kind of logical reasoning it''s a wonder the club don''t charge £40 to watch Yeovil, because you obviously wouldn''t mind.  [:P]What are you doing in Nottingham, it''s looking more like a third world sh*t-hole by the day?

[/quote]

So you''d rather the club charged £15 and had even less money? it''s called running a business and maximising your revenue

Nottingham isn''t a bad place at all, like most city''s it has its rough areas you stay away from if possible.

Certainly a lot more to keep me occupied up there than there is for me back home over the summer

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

[/quote]

Steady up Cluck you are not allowed to mention the glorious past, you will upset the sheep again.

Talking of which I had 2 in my garden on Sunday, messing and wetting everwhere in their nervousness.

Guided them back into the fold and with the rest of the flock round them they seemed much happier.

[/quote]

I apologise .... 

I realise that such non-creationist views should never be uttered outside of the Purist Community Headquarters ... but damn it.... it''s so hard..... [:''(]

Will it ever end Butler? Will it? Will it? Will it ever end? ...Will it?..........Will it? ........Will it then?

I have a mate on face book, who''s status reads......

Thank you darling for buying me man united tickets for carrow road!!! im bursting with excitment!!!

Hasten to add i pissed myself!! united fans really are muppets!

[quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I apologise .... 

I realise that such non-creationist views should never be uttered outside of the Purist Community Headquarters ... but damn it.... it''s so hard..... [:''(]

Will it ever end Butler? Will it? Will it? Will it ever end? ...Will it?..........Will it? ........Will it then?

[/quote]

They say things go in 7 year cycles. So if we keep putting our spoke in we just may be able to get our club back in ......lets see 2 x 7 = 14 we have had 13 years so far. Allow for vat and the base rate , factor in a bit of quantum, take away the number that Gunn has''nt got for players, add Delias age...........

About next June. Now there''s a prediction.

Have you ever wondered why the club is allowed to charge for all the old memories but we are not allowed to mention them?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Some very talented youngsters in that side and will still be a tough game. Really feel for the Norfolk based Man Utd fans who paid £10, hoping to see some established stars.[/quote]

their falt for glory hunting!

[/quote]

And what about those who were supporters long before Manure were successful?

Personally I don''t care too much for Manure supporters, arrogant lot.  But just there are always two sides to a coin.

[quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I apologise .... 

[/quote]

Cluck, although it has not not stopped you previously, you really should resist speaking of things of which you appear to know not. Although we did beat a formidable Manchester United team in January of 1959 it was no longer correct to refer to them as the Busby Babes as eight of those babes had perished in the Munich crash almost a year earlier.