Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

A huge well done to Mr Gunn

Don''t worry American City fans, you have just fallen foul of the Norfolk approach of "you int from rewnd hair, you doont spell prarpa, bloody Yanks etc etc etc".  I for one go to the states every year, and have found American''s nothing less than very genuine and extremely welcoming.  Your opinion on City is just as valid as the Mr Norfolk "never leave the county" types.

[quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]american "soccer fans" - making a valued contribution to this messageboard...... NOT![/quote]

The Yanks invented soccer..... didn''t you know that Barclay Boy? Just like they discovered fire... democracy... God... water... trees... fish... weather... etc etc.

Do keep up young man...

[/quote]

Don''t forget weapons of mass destruction Cluck, they discovered those as well...

...wait a minute...

[/quote]

Good spot Canary02... I forgot about them......

I don''t suppose the people of Hiroshima will though...

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]sorry C.I.B. the new sheep are the same as the old sheep, and they are the ones following Delia and Bryan. Sounds like you are right there amongst them. ps - my opinion is more valid cos I know what I''m talking about, and don''t refer to the keeper as a "goal minder"[/quote]

You know what you''re talking about? hmmmm, debatable.

I am certainly not behind Delia and I await new owners and new direction, I won''t hold my breath.

As for Gunn, I was against his appointment, like most. I have said many times that there was many better managers out there and we went for the cheap option, again..................But, Gunn is here and is our manager and we have to give him our support if he is doing the job and doing it well.

[quote user="No Quarter"]Don''t worry American City fans, you have just fallen foul of the Norfolk approach of "you int from rewnd hair, you doont spell prarpa, bloody Yanks etc etc etc".  I for one go to the states every year, and have found American''s nothing less than very genuine and extremely welcoming.  Your opinion on City is just as valid as the Mr Norfolk "never leave the county" types.[/quote]

On the whole, I agree Americans are a pretty friendly lot. But I wouldn''t go calling anyone around Texas a Yank though, not if you value keeping all your teeth that is.

However, I think you will find that almost everyone posting about NCFC from States-side already knows the best way to Windum, or where to find Cossey, Possick, Haysburra, Sallus or Garblesham.

[quote user="Yellow Rose of Texas"][quote user="No Quarter"]Don''t worry American City fans, you have just fallen foul of the Norfolk approach of "you int from rewnd hair, you doont spell prarpa, bloody Yanks etc etc etc".  I for one go to the states every year, and have found American''s nothing less than very genuine and extremely welcoming.  Your opinion on City is just as valid as the Mr Norfolk "never leave the county" types.[/quote] On the whole, I agree Americans are a pretty friendly lot. But I wouldn''t go calling anyone around Texas a Yank though, not if you value keeping all your teeth that is. However, I think you will find that almost everyone posting about NCFC from States-side already knows the best way to Windum, or where to find Cossey, Possick, Haysburra, Sallus or Garblesham.[/quote]

Quite frankly, I find the various Latin Americans a far more friendly set than your American (USA type) mates and neighbours.

But then, if you can''t speak Spanish.............

OTBC

Lil ol'' Narwich, just a small town club, supported by small minded people...

... reading this thread, it seems that we hate Delia, Gunn, NCFC, the new players, and fans that aren''t from around here, and anyone who disagrees with our "modest" opinions.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

"But then, if you can''t speak Spanish"

Oh just keep digging ... Do you even know where Texas is ?

Probably not based on the above comment....

And (apologies Mushroom) all totally irrelevant to discussion of NCFC.

[quote user="Yellow Rose of Texas"]Oh here we go again.... this concept of a Norfolk born NCFC supporter living overseas really does seem to be taxing some brain cells over there. American''s know full well what they mean when they say Football. And you know full well what is meant by Soccer. Its was BlyBlyBabes who first used the phrases "big girls football" and "big girls soccer", so perhaps "sharp" isn''t the best phrase to be using in regard to your powers of observation? This is supposed to be a FOOTBALL forum, we have different points of view about things, so knock off all the insults eh?[/quote]

It''s second only in stupidity to................ if you want Norwich to do well you are either a board apologist or a Delia lover.

Having been born/lived in Norwich most of my life (ST holder since the early 70''s) and having lived in the US for a number of years I am in a pretty good position to judge the merits/pitfalls of each country.

The irony is I also run into dumb Americans who also have no clue about life in the UK.

Conclusion............

[img]http://reynaelena.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/dumb_people_123.jpg[/img]

Apologies again to Mushroom and all others who want to talk about football; however obtaining at least a degree of freedom to post an opinion about NCFC without a verbal mugging from the thought police is hopefully worth the disruption.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

I''m not saying that we will do well or a few decent pre season wins will set us up for the season, besides we have to play the ''bigger'' teams yet. But I think the way that Gunn is looking at players and getting them in for trials is a good start, this may have something to do with the fact we are skint, but even so, getting in some unknown players in and seeing how we get along with each other is a good thing.

I still have a good feeling about the season ahead, Gunn was not my choice and we should have got someone else in, but he is here and there is nowt I can do to change that. I hope that he does very well, as that means we will.

[/quote]

Anyways, back to the subject....

Agreed. I was really disappointed with the appointment of Gunn, however he is who we have and the team being built now at least means we will have a group of players we can call our own, and I''m hoping we are beginning to see the talent pipeline re-built.

[quote user="Yellow Rose of Texas"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

I''m not saying that we will do well or a few decent pre season wins will set us up for the season, besides we have to play the ''bigger'' teams yet. But I think the way that Gunn is looking at players and getting them in for trials is a good start, this may have something to do with the fact we are skint, but even so, getting in some unknown players in and seeing how we get along with each other is a good thing.

I still have a good feeling about the season ahead, Gunn was not my choice and we should have got someone else in, but he is here and there is nowt I can do to change that. I hope that he does very well, as that means we will.

[/quote] Anyways, back to the subject.... Agreed. I was really disappointed with the appointment of Gunn, however he is who we have and the team being built now at least means we will have a group of players we can call our own, and I''m hoping we are beginning to see the talent pipeline re-built.[/quote]

You might get a better response if you learnt to use the computer, Rosy my man.

There''s a compatibility button that should sort out your quoting problem

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Yellow Rose of Texas"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote] Anyways, back to the subject.... Agreed. I was really disappointed with the appointment of Gunn, however he is who we have and the team being built now at least means we will have a group of players we can call our own, and I''m hoping we are beginning to see the talent pipeline re-built.[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

Dear oh dear. Sort yourself out. Dear oh dear, Bly old man.

I remember when you hadn''t learnt how to use a computer either, Bly my man. In fact there is evidence of this on a current thread. Or wait a minute, is it just you hadn''t discovered the compatibility button either at that point?

Dear oh dear. Sort yourself out.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]bloodwagon - well done for supporting NCFC for 50 years. However it now seems that you have got old, broing and delusional. I, however, have supported city for 34 years, and am still cool, sharp opinionated and modest. Bad luck, you now only have expensive medical insurance to look forward to[/quote]

No, your being opinionated is just another word for ignorant.

If you hadn''t heard, they get paid more than us on average, and their goods cost less, thus leaving them money for medical costs if they need it. Many companies offer health insurance as part of the package, which often includes family members, and no one goes without as many charities make sure the shortfall is covered in addition to the existing government programs. These programs cover something like 30% of the country which are available to the old, young, poor, veterans, people with disabilities etc, which isn''t expensive, like private insurance is. Roughly half of the people with no cover for medical actually view it as a gamble but have enough money to cover medical costs. The other half don''t have an excuse, they just don''t have it.

But don''t let facts get in the way of your anti US ignorance.

I''ve recently had cause to get people''s posts removed that have a hatred slant against the US. There is no reason for it whatsoever. If anyone has has actually travelled to the US, for the most part they will have found the people there happy and polite, everything that the people of Norfolk are not. I''m almost ashamed to have brought my wife here, to my home city, where racism and ignorance is rife. Even my Liverpudlian work colleague got the Norfolk treatment when he came here years ago. Just because you don''t agree with someone''s post, doesn''t mean someone should be picked on for their race, religion, sexuality, gender, ethnicity, disability, Country of origin or Country someone chooses to live in - when they were born in Norwich. All the haters achieve is making us look more insular, and yet you want investment from the outside world - meaning outside of Norfolk (assuming you do given the fact there are very few Norfolk people with the money and the will to invest in us).

This thread is a very good example of why this forum is so poor. Three narrow minded and self important flat-earthers scoring cheap points against some fellow supporters who dare to have a different viewpoint.  No wonder people are migrating en masse to Carrowroad.net.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]This thread is a very good example of why this forum is so poor. Three narrow minded and self important flat-earthers scoring cheap points against some fellow supporters who dare to have a different viewpoint.  No wonder people are migrating en masse to Carrowroad.net.

[/quote]

Whilst fearing your reply Mr Chops, even I''m tired of all this purile point scoring on here, hence my migration to the friendliest site on line............carrowroad.net

Bye..........thanks for all the arguements.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Whilst fearing your reply Mr Chops, even I''m tired of all this purile point scoring on here, hence my migration to the friendliest site on line............carrowroad.net

[/quote]... thanks for starting most of them! Just kidding ;)

As Wiz said, the sheer pettiness and point scoring on this board is crap.

And the insults being thrown around simply for having a differing opinion is un-needed.

Grow up a bit boys.

[quote user="Downloads"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Yellow Rose of Texas"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Dear oh dear. Sort yourself out. Dear oh dear, Bly old man.

I remember when you hadn''t learnt how to use a computer either, Bly my man. In fact there is evidence of this on a current thread. Or wait a minute, is it just you hadn''t discovered the compatibility button either at that point?

Dear oh dear. Sort yourself out.

[/quote]

The differences being that (i) I''m not too proud to ask for help and (ii) I learn quickly.

So you haven''t really scored any points have you?

That''s why I''m Prem and you''re Third Division![:P]

Deary me.

OTBC

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]This thread is a very good example of why this forum is so poor. Three narrow minded and self important flat-earthers scoring cheap points against some fellow supporters who dare to have a different viewpoint.  No wonder people are migrating en masse to Carrowroad.net.

[/quote]

[/quote]Of course, every cloud does have a silver lining.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"]This thread is a very good example of why this forum is so poor. Three narrow minded and self important flat-earthers scoring cheap points against some fellow supporters who dare to have a different viewpoint.  No wonder people are migrating en masse to Carrowroad.net.[/quote]Whilst fearing your reply Mr Chops, even I''m tired of all this purile point scoring on here, hence my migration to the friendliest site on line............carrowroad.net

Bye..........thanks for all the arguements.[/quote]Of course, every cloud does have a silver lining.[/quote]Is Wiz gone Chopsey?

We never had a chance to say "goodbye". [:''(][:''(][:''(]

I''ll have tenner that WIZ is back before the start of the new season.

He just want''s another ''please don''t go Wiz, we love you so much'' thread to start. It will help him through with his current low-esteem crises!

There are plenty of threads on here with no banter at all... and just a few where folk are simply having a bit of fun....

This forum thrives on it and without it the place would die.... rather like those other clique ridden places various people are busy self promoting and self moderating.....

The Pink un will survive quite nicely without the weeds whingeing at every turn.......

I''m feeling faint, I''m having an "I agree with Cluck" moment. They happen occasionally, usually when I''ve missed a tablet...  [:P]

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]I''ll have tenner that WIZ is back before the start of the new season. He just want''s another ''please don''t go Wiz, we love you so much'' thread to start. It will help him through with his current low-esteem crises![/quote]

Start of the new season ? Start of the new day more like.......