Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

A huge well done to Mr Gunn

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="bloodwagon"]

I guess yellow rose you cant be in the  "gang"

I bet your heart broken huh ?

[/quote]

Another american (usa type) used to big girls soccer, eh?

Dear oh dear.

OTBC

[/quote]

I`ll have you know i watched city for 50 years before i came out here, and only been here for 4 years, so dont rattle on about me watching female soccer.

When you got 50 years of watching city come back and talk to me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Yellow Rose of Texas"]Purist? Oh do give us all a break. More like puerile. pu·er·ile 1. Belonging to childhood; juvenile. 2. Immature; childish.[/quote]

Nothing more puerile than defining your own word.

Maybe you should stick to big girls football, my man.

OTBC

[/quote]

You know the more you post the more you prove the above point.

[quote user="Mushroom"]

Now excuse me for jumping the gun here, but Gunny really is beginning to uncover some unknown gems. I know it''s only Dartford, Raith, St Johnstone and Airdrie, but Maric and Askou have really impressed by the sounds of things, put McSmall in there as well and remember it was Gunn who brought Cody in February, and it becomes clear he is looking for cheap yet cheerful solutions to becoming a real force in this league.

It''s something Worthy didn''t do, Grant tried and failed to do (Strihavka) and Roeder wouldn''t take anyone if it wasn''t a loan deal.

So, as I said I may really be jumping to a positive conclusion but at the moment I can''t help but get these positive vibes from Team Gunn''s dealings in the market.

OTBC.

[/quote]Agree with everything you say mate.Although I find it hard to believe that their''s actually a positive post or more on this board :O!

Cannot disagree more, we finally have the winning feeling back!

More importantly is you also need to praise the hard work of Crook and Butterworth too!

[quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="bloodwagon"]

I guess yellow rose you cant be in the  "gang"

I bet your heart broken huh ?

[/quote]

Another american (usa type) used to big girls soccer, eh?

Dear oh dear.

OTBC

[/quote]

I`ll have you know i watched city for 50 years before i came out here, and only been here for 4 years, so dont rattle on about me watching female soccer.

When you got 50 years of watching city come back and talk to me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

[:)]

OTBC

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[quote]

Cluck''s Norwich City F.C. Purist Group.....
BlyBlyBabes. Smudger. The Butler. Shyster. Mello Yello. Mr Carrow. Sir Arthur Whittle.
(Membership by invitation only. No sheep..Yanks or Women or Straight Men allowed).

[/quote]

Fixed your sig............

[/quote]

Cluck, I''m delighted that your position has firmed up and your group now has a name and official members. I''m just interested to know what the pre-requisite is for membership? I''m guessing a pension book, reliance upon anti-depressants and a hut in the woods with an underground bunker for when the women and liberals put down their sewing for long enough to get their hands on nuclear weapons.

[quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="USAcanary"]

[quote]

BlyBlyBabes. Smudger. The Butler. Shyster. Mello Yello. Mr Carrow. Sir Arthur Whittle.
(Membership by invitation only. No sheep..Yanks or Women or Straight Men allowed).

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cluck, I''m delighted that your position has firmed up and your group now has a name and official members. I''m just interested to know what the pre-requisite is for membership? I''m guessing a pension book, reliance upon anti-depressants and a hut in the woods with an underground bunker for when the women and liberals put down their sewing for long enough to get their hands on nuclear weapons.

[/quote]

Oh, so then a prerequisite to be an official member of your ilk - is that your ''gullible gonads'' have dropped? Tell all folk that you''ve bled ''yeller an'' green'' since being an embryo...but in reality, you''re just a long standing supporter since the Cardiff  ''Millennium Experience''. 

That you have proudly in your possession - a personally signed copy of one of our illustrious major-shareholders'' cookery books? (Having told Delia, that it was for your mum). 

Continue preaching that this will be our year? (Even after dropping into our lowest league position in 50 years)?

Attending games, but spend 90% tinkering with your blueberry/trendy phone, chatting to your mates, comparing piercings and your latest ''nah, didn''t hurt'' tattoo? 

Leaving your seat 7 minutes before half-time for a bottle of cardboard flavoured lager (''Can I see your ID please''!) and scalding your recently pierced tongue - on a tasteless & bland tortoise pie...after purchasing a couple of choccy bars (and a fat-coke) to see you through till 5)....

Applauding the team at full-time even after a 4-0 drubbing - as you actually aren''t aware of the score anyway, as a mate was letting you catch up with ''Big Brother'' and ''Hollyoaks'' on his touch-screen phone. Then asking a veteran supporter (whose got a 19 year old transistor radio pressed tightly against his ear) "Oi mate! What''s the Man U score, eh? Oh, and how did Chelsea, Liverpool and the Ar$e get on"?...

Then swaggering out of the stadium with your fellow chums, for a night round your gaff (coz your mum said it was OK) feasting on takeaway pizza, nachos, maltesers, haribo sour sweeties and litres and litres of lovely Coca Cola - while you all "shoot ''em up" macho style - on your X-Box....nice.

i think Gunn is going to turn out to be our Kevin Keegan

not the greatest tactical manager or coach, but thats what Chippy and Butterworth are there for.

i think hes strengths are going to be motivation, confidence, workrate and team spirit, as well as a eye for young or unknown talent.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="USAcanary"]

[quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh, so then a prerequisite to be an official member of your ilk - is that your ''gullible gonads'' have dropped? Tell all folk that you''ve bled ''yeller an'' green'' since being an embryo...but in reality, you''re just a long standing supporter since the Cardiff  ''Millennium Experience''. 

That you have proudly in your possession - a personally signed copy of one of our illustrious major-shareholders'' cookery books? (Having told Delia, that it was for your mum). 

Continue preaching that this will be our year? (Even after dropping into our lowest league position in 50 years)?

Attending games, but spend 90% tinkering with your blueberry/trendy phone, chatting to your mates, comparing piercings and your latest ''nah, didn''t hurt'' tattoo? 

Leaving your seat 7 minutes before half-time for a bottle of cardboard flavoured lager (''Can I see your ID please''!) and scalding your recently pierced tongue - on a tasteless & bland tortoise pie...after purchasing a couple of choccy bars (and a fat-coke) to see you through till 5)....

Applauding the team at full-time even after a 4-0 drubbing - as you actually aren''t aware of the score anyway, as a mate was letting you catch up with ''Big Brother'' and ''Hollyoaks'' on his touch-screen phone. Then asking a veteran supporter (whose got a 19 year old transistor radio pressed tightly against his ear) "Oi mate! What''s the Man U score, eh? Oh, and how did Chelsea, Liverpool and the Ar$e get on"?...

Then swaggering out of the stadium with your fellow chums, for a night round your gaff (coz your mum said it was OK) feasting on takeaway pizza, nachos, maltesers, haribo sour sweeties and litres and litres of lovely Coca Cola - while you all "shoot ''em up" macho style - on your X-Box....nice.

[/quote]

I may as well have put a worm on a hook... [:D]

Let''s see what happens shall we, Personally i think Gunn''s new players are generally decent players although OTJ is a gamble.

I''m not going to judge Gunn after last season as the players were set in a rot and we we''re sliding slowly down the table under Roeder.

I''m not going to say i think we''re going to win the title with ease but at the moment i think the future is looking a little brighter.

Gunn had 19 games to keep us in the Championship, and he failed.He appears to be identifying some promising additions to a threadbare squad, but time will tell.Too early to congratulate him just yet, he''s done nothing of note as a manager except to get us relegated.  However, I very much hope we have a successful season in the third tier of professional football and get back to the Championship without an undue delay.He''ll get a "huge well done" from me when he achieves something worth congratulations for.

In the club''s current financial state, maybe putting the former head of scouting in charge wasn''t a bad idea..

I''m not saying that we will do well or a few decent pre season wins will set us up for the season, besides we have to play the ''bigger'' teams yet. But I think the way that Gunn is looking at players and getting them in for trials is a good start, this may have something to do with the fact we are skint, but even so, getting in some unknown players in and seeing how we get along with each other is a good thing.

I still have a good feeling about the season ahead, Gunn was not my choice and we should have got someone else in, but he is here and there is nowt I can do to change that. I hope that he does very well, as that means we will.

would be hysterical if it wasn''t so tragic. looks like some of you are getting so excited you''ll be disappearing off to your bedroom with a box of tissues (thats'' you Smeg, and what an apt name). Gunn had 19 games last season and demonstrated his "skill" as a manager perfectly during that time. And what is said about Mushrooms? Kept in the dark and fed on.....Dream on, but nothing changes untl the witch is gone

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]american "soccer fans" - making a valued contribution to this messageboard......

NOT![/quote]How long is our superiority-complex going to last against US soccer fans? Although the Americans may not have the same terminology as us, their points are entirely valid.There are a lot of idiots making idiotic points and suggestions on this message board, and on the terraces/TV; just because they say "at the end of the day" or "for me" or "early doors" doesn''t mean they''re not talking s**t.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]american "soccer fans" - making a valued contribution to this messageboard......

NOT![/quote]

Do try and keep up. What is it that you don''t get about people living overseas and supporting our team?

And while we are at it, with reference to the "soccer" that''s played over here, last time I checked the US Women''s team was ranked #1 in the world, and the U.S mens team just thrashed Spain 3-0 and lost by the odd goal in 5 to Brazil.

Or if you meant to have a dig at the "football" played over here, maybe you could come over and explain your viewpoint to the 18-year old giants who come visit my neighbor''s house after practice.

Its just different, that''s all. Or maybe that''s what so scary?

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]american "soccer fans" - making a valued contribution to this messageboard...... NOT![/quote]

Why is there opinion lesser than yours?

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]american "soccer fans" - making a valued contribution to this messageboard...... NOT![/quote]

Why is there opinion lesser than yours?

[/quote]

Becoz ziss partee izt very exclusive, jah...

Zey even haffun einen badge.

You may havt seen, red background, vite circle and zee little black crossy fing int de mittel...

ohhhhhhhhh please tell me, why is that ?

Your telling me that i dont know what i`m talking about ?

You think you know more than me in soccer ?

You talk cr*p. As I said in another thread, I WATCHED city for 50 years, so dont tell me i know nothing about city, or soccer.

The Yanks invented soccer..... didn''t you know that Barclay Boy? Just like they discovered fire... democracy... God... water... trees... fish... weather... etc etc.

Do keep up young man...

good to see the Delia Defence League are in robust form today, continuing to con the naive and the gullible.

Do not at least some of you remember the same blind optimism last year? And the year before that, and.........

Good to see that you are following the new sheep now and not answering questions and harping back to Delia etc etc.

sorry C.I.B. the new sheep are the same as the old sheep, and they are the ones following Delia and Bryan. Sounds like you are right there amongst them.

ps - my opinion is more valid cos I know what I''m talking about, and don''t refer to the keeper as a "goal minder"

bloodwagon - well done for supporting NCFC for 50 years. However it now seems that you have got old, broing and delusional. I, however, have supported city for 34 years, and am still cool, sharp opinionated and modest. Bad luck, you now only have expensive medical insurance to look forward to

[quote user="St. Cluck"]

The Yanks invented soccer..... didn''t you know that Barclay Boy? Just like they discovered fire... democracy... God... water... trees... fish... weather... etc etc.

Do keep up young man...

[/quote]

Don''t forget weapons of mass destruction Cluck, they discovered those as well...

...wait a minute...

Bloodwagon - you called it soccer!!!!!!!!Aaarrrgh, they are taking over your brain already!!! It''s football, it''s always been football, even though some of the stuff we played last season didn''t look much like it...

Oh here we go again.... this concept of a Norfolk born NCFC supporter living overseas really does seem to be taxing some brain cells over there.

American''s know full well what they mean when they say Football. And you know full well what is meant by Soccer.

Its was BlyBlyBabes who first used the phrases "big girls football" and "big girls soccer", so perhaps "sharp" isn''t the best phrase to be using in regard to your powers of observation?

This is supposed to be a FOOTBALL forum, we have different points of view about things, so knock off all the insults eh?