Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

A huge well done to Mr Gunn

Now excuse me for jumping the gun here, but Gunny really is beginning to uncover some unknown gems. I know it''s only Dartford, Raith, St Johnstone and Airdrie, but Maric and Askou have really impressed by the sounds of things, put McSmall in there as well and remember it was Gunn who brought Cody in February, and it becomes clear he is looking for cheap yet cheerful solutions to becoming a real force in this league.

It''s something Worthy didn''t do, Grant tried and failed to do (Strihavka) and Roeder wouldn''t take anyone if it wasn''t a loan deal.

So, as I said I may really be jumping to a positive conclusion but at the moment I can''t help but get these positive vibes from Team Gunn''s dealings in the market.

OTBC.

[quote user="Mushroom"]

Now excuse me for jumping the gun here, but Gunny really is beginning to uncover some unknown gems. I know it''s only Dartford, Raith, St Johnstone and Airdrie, but Maric and Askou have really impressed by the sounds of things, put McSmall in there as well and remember it was Gunn who brought Cody in February, and it becomes clear he is looking for cheap yet cheerful solutions to becoming a real force in this league.

It''s something Worthy didn''t do, Grant tried and failed to do (Strihavka) and Roeder wouldn''t take anyone if it wasn''t a loan deal.

So, as I said I may really be jumping to a positive conclusion but at the moment I can''t help but get these positive vibes from Team Gunn''s dealings in the market.

OTBC.

[/quote]

Anyone with an ounce of sense would wait at least 10 games into the season before doling out the commendations so readily.  [:P]

Well done Gunn. Got the team working as an acutal team again instead of individuals and well done for signing players that want to play for Norwich and not making a team full of loans. Up the City

[quote user="lynn canary"]Well done Gunn. Got the team working as an acutal team again instead of individuals and well done for signing players that want to play for Norwich and not making a team full of loans. Up the City[/quote]

Agree 100%, Gunn is doing exactly what he promised. He is bringing in permanent players that want to play for us.

He has shown in the pre season games he is willing to give everyone a shout including the younger players.

Im personally very excited and cant wait to get the season going... Sounds like we need to get Maric and Askou as well as Whaley and we will definately be ones to watch.

It''s amazing. When I heralded the appointment of Gunn as a good thing, I was lambasted from all angles, was referred to as a c**t, and told to "go and slit my own throat"........

[quote user="No Quarter"]It''s amazing. When I heralded the appointment of Gunn as a good thing, I was lambasted from all angles, was referred to as a c**t, and told to "go and slit my own throat"........[/quote]

And as you''re still here, you couldn''t even do that right... some people.... [;)]

[quote user="No Quarter"]It''s amazing. When I heralded the appointment of Gunn as a good thing, I was lambasted from all angles, was referred to as a c**t, and told to "go and slit my own throat"........[/quote]

That''s what i got told by all of the Norwich fans at my old school. Can''t wait forthe start of the season and will be even more excited if we signed Whaley, Maric, Askou, McVeigh and maybe one or two players that we haven''t been linked with. Also a goalscorer to partner Maric. If we signed all of those then i would feel like this years team would be stronger than last year''s

Those reactions were stupid............. but......... I still think the jury is out on Gunn.

He is still unproven. If we don''t do well this year I don''t think he will be given long.

There is no doubt that this is NOW Bryan Gunn''s team, totally changed from last year.

This is where it counts.

IMHO Gunn is doing all the right things. I actually see it as a team effort on some of the signings (Nelson/Butterworth, Theoklitos/Crook   ect ect ect)

He is sticking to his promises. Not only that I think his shrewd signings have allowed us to keep some of our "powder dry for some bigger signings.

The games in scotland proved how much of a "squad game" its becoming when you have injuries.

Most of the LG 1 teams wont have the squad depth we will have, some will struggle getting 18 pros out there on a saturday.

With 7 subs you need lots of cover at various positions.......... 

I''d hazard a guess that your approval of the appointment of Uncle Fester was not the only reason why people referred to you as a c**t.

It''s somewhat unfair to compare the people brought in by Gunn against

those brought in by previous managers, since none of them were looking

for League One standard players (they may have brought some in, but they weren''t trying to!)

[quote user="lynn canary"]

That''s what i got told by all of the Norwich fans at my old school. Can''t wait forthe start of the season and will be even more excited if we signed Whaley, Maric, Askou, McVeigh and maybe one or two players that we haven''t been linked with. Also a goalscorer to partner Maric. If we signed all of those then i would feel like this years team would be stronger than last year''s

[/quote]

Rather than get too excited about five friendly wins on the trot I think l''ll wait to see how many League points we have after five games when the serious stuff starts.... 

God almighty....

You sheep never bloody learn do you?..........

[quote user="St. Cluck"]

God almighty....

[/quote]I think we are heading in  the right direction,but ill certainly be holding my praise for Gunn!!!   10 games for me!

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[quote user="lynn canary"]Well done Gunn. Got the team working as an acutal team again instead of individuals and well done for signing players that want to play for Norwich and not making a team full of loans. Up the City[/quote]

Agree 100%, Gunn is doing exactly what he promised. He is bringing in permanent players that want to play for us.

He has shown in the pre season games he is willing to give everyone a shout including the younger players.

[/quote]He could have fulfilled that promise by signing up 5 nob heads from this message board[;)]

[quote user="St. Cluck"]

God almighty....

[/quote]I''m not convinced either way. HOWEVER, Gunn said, at the open day, specifcally "we need contracted players who want to play for norwich city". Many of us questioned if he''d achieve that in League One with an even further limited budget, but so far he has kept to his word and he deserves credit for that.Plus he signed my bag at fakenham, and is a really friendly bloke [:)] Not that my bag guarantees us promotion, but oh well.

[quote user="St. Cluck"]

God almighty....

[/quote]

LOL ........It must really annoy you when Norwich win.

Will you be ringing the samaritans if we get promoted?

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

God almighty....

[/quote]

I''m not convinced either way. HOWEVER, Gunn said, at the open day, specifcally "we need contracted players who want to play for norwich city". Many of us questioned if he''d achieve that in League One with an even further limited budget, but so far he has kept to his word and he deserves credit for that.
Plus he signed my bag at fakenham, and is a really friendly bloke [:)] Not that my bag guarantees us promotion, but oh well.
[/quote]

LOL........You won''t get any credit from Cluck......... we could win every game in LG1 and Cluck would complain about Delias pies.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Mushroom"]

OTBC.

[/quote]

Anyone with an ounce of sense would wait at least 10 games into the season before doling out the commendations so readily.  [:P]
[/quote]

Good point Hatter, I think likewise this could be applied for people who are to quick to seal our doom quickly as well. The point is that this is a new league for Norwich City and we don''t know how we''re going to perform, we could do a Leicester, Leeds or heaven forbid a Luton Town...but as you say until the season starts

[quote user="St. Cluck"]

God almighty....

[/quote]

Errr maybe you''re the sheep! Evil Sheep!

[quote user="Gazzatop"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

God almighty....

[/quote]

[/quote]

Or black sheep !!!!!

[quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="Gazzatop"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

God almighty....

[/quote]

[/quote]

Or black sheep !!!!!

[/quote]

Just because you know you can''t become a member of the Norwich City Purists Group.....

No Yanks I''m afraid......

[quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="Gazzatop"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

God almighty....

[/quote]

[/quote]

Or black sheep !!!!!

[/quote]

Just because you know you can''t become a member of the Norwich City Purists Group.....

No Yanks I''m afraid......

[/quote]

Who the bloody hell would want to be ??? Sure not me, you keep your playground gang, but remember, play nice now !!!!

[quote]

Cluck''s Norwich City F.C. Purist Group.....
BlyBlyBabes. Smudger. The Butler. Shyster. Mello Yello. Mr Carrow. Sir Arthur Whittle.
(Membership by invitation only. No sheep..Yanks or Women or Straight Men allowed).

[/quote]

Fixed your sig............

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[quote]

Cluck''s Norwich City F.C. Purist Group.....
BlyBlyBabes. Smudger. The Butler. Shyster. Mello Yello. Mr Carrow. Sir Arthur Whittle.
(Membership by invitation only. No sheep..Yanks or Women or Straight Men allowed).

[/quote]

Fixed your sig............

[/quote]

LMAO nice one lololol

[quote user="Yellow Rose of Texas"]Purist? Oh do give us all a break. More like puerile. pu·er·ile 1. Belonging to childhood; juvenile. 2. Immature; childish.[/quote]

Nothing more puerile than defining your own word.

Maybe you should stick to big girls football, my man.

OTBC

[quote user="bloodwagon"]

I guess yellow rose you cant be in the  "gang"

I bet your heart broken huh ?

[/quote]

Another american (usa type) used to big girls soccer, eh?

Dear oh dear.

OTBC