Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

Mulryne to become a Priest

I''m not a religous man, but as someone who works with children with ''challenging'' behaviour for very little financial reward, I have the greatest of respects for anyone who wants to dedicate their lives to helping others. Being a priest, vicar, rabbi etc is a basically a 24 hour job as well, and as VIYAG says, compared to other proffesssions with a simaler level of responsibility the financial rewards are actually quite small.

this board is really so charming at times...not! Honestly, if you made the same sweeping statements about Rabbi''s or Imam''s or nurses or anyone else it would be termed outrageous.

For the record a good number of people go to church, more than go to football on Saturdays nationwide. In addition as priest I am not raking it in with littel to do. I am run off my feet, under respourced and doing countless work. As well as a daily Mass I am chair of governors at the local school, have set up a preschool for underpriveledged children, am funding raising for a community centre, have built a playground for under-priveledged kids, visit the lonely, disabled, sick and dying. GIve comfort to countless people- not obvious work but tough work. I edit a national magazine- for nothing, help at a pensioners lunch club, help on local council, etc etc

I wonder how some of you might hold up sitting with parents on a hospital ward who have just lost a child, or - as I did last Christmas day- breaking the news to two children under ten that their daddy had taken his life. Ask those people if they feel the same about you? Often the priest is the ONLY person who sticks with them when others vanish as they dont know what to say.

IF I am over senstive and appear humourless it is because I only EVER see contempt, vitriol and foul attitude hurled my way on account of my faith. It gets very tedious when all you can do is revert to moronic dterotypes and lable ''every priest is a child abuser'' etc...

Sorry but if your attitudes towards faith on here are indicative of you as human beings it does not reflect well on you. After countless abuse and non-stop lack of respect I am signing off ...for good. Honestly when did our country get so sick that people who try to work tirelessly for others get stick and abuse and accused of being ''stupid/fantasists/abusers/mone grabbers''

rant over

What I say (and I dont care what people say) is good luck and I hope it all works out Mulryne.

Nice to see someone putting something into the community rather that taking all the time.

[quote user="St. Cluck"]

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]How sad it is that some on here hold the priesthood in such low regard and are unable to distinguish between the fraction of disgraceful charlatans who get a collar for the wrong reasons and the huge majoritywho serve their communities with love and dedication for very little in return.[/quote]

I thought it was compulsory to take it up the jacksie after you''d taken the oath?.....

You mean all of those bastards were lying?......

Well....that''s certainly me done with religion from now on !!!!!

[/quote]You really are a clever boy aren''t you cluck. Straight out of the 3rd year book of pathetic insults. VIYAG, i''m constantly amazed by the dedication of priests and clergy. If the work they and other people did in the name of God was taken away it would be a desparate blow to the country and the world. Good on you Phil. I''m sure you will make an excellent priest.

whilst i dont agree that there is a god, or agree with the principles of heaven and hell.as is with most religions a common theme...treat people as you want to be treated and look after eachother, seems simple to meits what you do. you look after people.

Don''t give up on the board Viyag ,

Having grown up in the Christian faith I know it''s impotance to my life .

Having said that it''s taken a battering this last year with my marriage collapsing and my mum dying at the end of it .

I will always be greatful for the free church pastor in Spain who conducted Mum''s Funeral and the Vicar who intered Mum''s ashes back in Norfolk for their love and care .

I hope and pray Phil is entering the Priesthood for the right reasons . I do feel the clergy are better equiped to fulfill their roll if they have worked in the real world proir to their calling

[quote user="canary in north west surrey"]Don''t give up on the board Viyag ,

Having grown up in the Christian faith I know it''s impotance to my life .

Having said that it''s taken a battering this last year with my marriage collapsing and my mum dying at the end of it .

I will always be greatful for the free church pastor in Spain who conducted Mum''s Funeral and the Vicar who intered Mum''s ashes back in Norfolk for their love and care .

I hope and pray Phil is entering the Priesthood for the right reasons . I do feel the clergy are better equiped to fulfill their roll if they have worked in the real world proir to their calling[/quote]

[:D]

[quote user="bloodwagon"]

What I say (and I dont care what people say) is good luck and I hope it all works out Mulryne.

Nice to see someone putting something into the community rather that taking all the time.

[/quote]Yep.  And when he qualifies, he can put it into the youth of the community...

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="canary in north west surrey"]Don''t give up on the board Viyag , Having grown up in the Christian faith I know it''s impotance to my life . Having said that it''s taken a battering this last year with my marriage collapsing and my mum dying at the end of it . I will always be greatful for the free church pastor in Spain who conducted Mum''s Funeral and the Vicar who intered Mum''s ashes back in Norfolk for their love and care . I hope and pray Phil is entering the Priesthood for the right reasons . I do feel the clergy are better equiped to fulfill their roll if they have worked in the real world proir to their calling[/quote]

[:D]
[/quote]

Ham or cheese?

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]How sad it is that some on here hold the priesthood in such low regard and are unable to distinguish between the fraction of disgraceful charlatans who get a collar for the wrong reasons and the huge majoritywho serve their communities with love and dedication for very little in return.[/quote]

The problem you fail to recognise is that these charlatons were known thoughout the Church and nothing was done about them. How would you feel  as a young boy lying in bed at night waiting to see if you were required that night to have your bum violated in the name of God?

this thread has become a serious case of deja vou from the thread i started 8 months, with the exact same title too...i''m afraid VIYAG that you have got to expect the kind of comments that have been said, although i agree that some of of them can be kind of crude but they are valid, the entire irish goverment no less had to apologise last month for the systematic abuse children endured for the past 60 years whilst in the care of the church, and the fact is that your ''profession'' has a higher than usual, percentage wise, of abusers within its ranks  than of any other profession, and thats not including the ones that have been hushed up.you may argue other wise but that''s what happens within a regime, forced indoctrination and control for it''s young charges, and you may say that they were not real god-fearing people who committed these crimes and try to omit them from your faith, i''m sorry but thats not how it works.and whilst i applaud people who do a lot of volounteering work, like the ones you mentioned above, when they give up their free time,  i am thinking surely thats part of your ''job'', what you are paid for, what else is the point of your trade other than to care for others, dont act like some kind of saint and martyr by doing all of those things, because when you listed them all like that it was very tasteless, "i do a lot of work for charidee but i dont like to talk about" immediately sprang to mind, you dont get nurses, policemen, firemen, doctors, surgeons etc on here listing what jobs they did today expecting people to be eternally grateful to them, it''s their job to do these things, like you. you claimed in the last thread about this that you never met an atheist who did any charity work and that it was just religious people who did, i will cut and paste it here later if you dont remember it, you made me angry at that statement then, didn''t think you could say anything more insulting, but by posting a list of ''good deeds'' you have done you have made yourself out to be very self serving and not very charitable at all.  

[quote user="plan b"]this thread has become a serious case of deja vou from the thread i started 8 months, with the exact same title too...
i''m afraid VIYAG that you have got to expect the kind of comments that have been said, although i agree that some of of them can be kind of crude but they are valid, the entire irish goverment no less had to apologise last month for the systematic abuse children endured for the past 60 years whilst in the care of the church, and the fact is that your ''profession'' has a higher than usual, percentage wise, of abusers within its ranks  than of any other profession, and thats not including the ones that have been hushed up.
you may argue other wise but that''s what happens within a regime, forced indoctrination and control for it''s young charges, and you may say that they were not real god-fearing people who committed these crimes and try to omit them from your faith, i''m sorry but thats not how it works.
and whilst i applaud people who do a lot of volounteering work, like the ones you mentioned above, when they give up their free time,  i am thinking surely thats part of your ''job'', what you are paid for, what else is the point of your trade other than to care for others, dont act like some kind of saint and martyr by doing all of those things, because when you listed them all like that it was very tasteless, "i do a lot of work for charidee but i dont like to talk about" immediately sprang to mind, you dont get nurses, policemen, firemen, doctors, surgeons etc on here listing what jobs they did today expecting people to be eternally grateful to them, it''s their job to do these things, like you.
you claimed in the last thread about this that you never met an atheist who did any charity work and that it was just religious people who did, i will cut and paste it here later if you dont remember it, you made me angry at that statement then, didn''t think you could say anything more insulting, but by posting a list of ''good deeds'' you have done you have made yourself out to be very self serving and not very charitable at all.  
[/quote]

We''re simply dealing with another "mythical saviour" followed by more happy clappies who can''t face the world stood on their own two feet. Religion is a crutch for the weak....and a paypacket for the wicked.

God has much to answer for in creating this wicked world all  of those 10,000 years ago.....

[quote user="ACE"]Clucks purist group is like an identity parade....[/quote]I don''t know about "purists" - more like "sore wrists".

[quote user="plan b"]this thread has become a serious case of deja vou from the thread i started 8 months[/quote]So you made some Tshirts about it[;)]

[quote user="St. Cluck"]

[quote user="plan b"]this thread has become a serious case of deja vou from the thread i started 8 months, with the exact same title too...i''m afraid VIYAG that you have got to expect the kind of comments that have been said, although i agree that some of of them can be kind of crude but they are valid, the entire irish goverment no less had to apologise last month for the systematic abuse children endured for the past 60 years whilst in the care of the church, and the fact is that your ''profession'' has a higher than usual, percentage wise, of abusers within its ranks  than of any other profession, and thats not including the ones that have been hushed up.you may argue other wise but that''s what happens within a regime, forced indoctrination and control for it''s young charges, and you may say that they were not real god-fearing people who committed these crimes and try to omit them from your faith, i''m sorry but thats not how it works.and whilst i applaud people who do a lot of volounteering work, like the ones you mentioned above, when they give up their free time,  i am thinking surely thats part of your ''job'', what you are paid for, what else is the point of your trade other than to care for others, dont act like some kind of saint and martyr by doing all of those things, because when you listed them all like that it was very tasteless, "i do a lot of work for charidee but i dont like to talk about" immediately sprang to mind, you dont get nurses, policemen, firemen, doctors, surgeons etc on here listing what jobs they did today expecting people to be eternally grateful to them, it''s their job to do these things, like you. you claimed in the last thread about this that you never met an atheist who did any charity work and that it was just religious people who did, i will cut and paste it here later if you dont remember it, you made me angry at that statement then, didn''t think you could say anything more insulting, but by posting a list of ''good deeds'' you have done you have made yourself out to be very self serving and not very charitable at all.   [/quote]

We''re simply dealing with another "mythical saviour" followed by more happy clappies who can''t face the world stood on their own two feet. Religion is a crutch for the weak....and a paypacket for the wicked.

God has much to answer for in creating this wicked world all  of those 10,000 years ago.....

[/quote]Do you believe God when he reckoned he made Earth, the other planets, stars heaven etc in the dark? IMO he''s a bullshitter.

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]this board is really so charming at times...not! Honestly, if you made the same sweeping statements about Rabbi''s or Imam''s or nurses or anyone else it would be termed outrageous. For the record a good number of people go to church, more than go to football on Saturdays nationwide. In addition as priest I am not raking it in with littel to do. I am run off my feet, under respourced and doing countless work. As well as a daily Mass I am chair of governors at the local school, have set up a preschool for underpriveledged children, am funding raising for a community centre, have built a playground for under-priveledged kids, visit the lonely, disabled, sick and dying. GIve comfort to countless people- not obvious work but tough work. I edit a national magazine- for nothing, help at a pensioners lunch club, help on local council, etc etc I wonder how some of you might hold up sitting with parents on a hospital ward who have just lost a child, or - as I did last Christmas day- breaking the news to two children under ten that their daddy had taken his life. Ask those people if they feel the same about you? Often the priest is the ONLY person who sticks with them when others vanish as they dont know what to say. IF I am over senstive and appear humourless it is because I only EVER see contempt, vitriol and foul attitude hurled my way on account of my faith. It gets very tedious when all you can do is revert to moronic dterotypes and lable ''every priest is a child abuser'' etc... Sorry but if your attitudes towards faith on here are indicative of you as human beings it does not reflect well on you. After countless abuse and non-stop lack of respect I am signing off ...for good. Honestly when did our country get so sick that people who try to work tirelessly for others get stick and abuse and accused of being ''stupid/fantasists/abusers/mone grabbers'' rant over[/quote]

Don''t let the b*****s get you down! It''s a sorry state of affairs but you won''t find much compassion on a football msg board that''s for sure, but you''ve got to understand that it is just ignorance and black and white thinking and just get over it, turn the other cheek like.  We had some inspirational priests in our parish where I grew up, and if Phil Mulledwine can be like them then he will have done more with his life than in his football career........

[quote user="book end"]

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]this board is really so charming at times...not! Honestly, if you made the same sweeping statements about Rabbi''s or Imam''s or nurses or anyone else it would be termed outrageous. For the record a good number of people go to church, more than go to football on Saturdays nationwide. In addition as priest I am not raking it in with littel to do. I am run off my feet, under respourced and doing countless work. As well as a daily Mass I am chair of governors at the local school, have set up a preschool for underpriveledged children, am funding raising for a community centre, have built a playground for under-priveledged kids, visit the lonely, disabled, sick and dying. GIve comfort to countless people- not obvious work but tough work. I edit a national magazine- for nothing, help at a pensioners lunch club, help on local council, etc etc I wonder how some of you might hold up sitting with parents on a hospital ward who have just lost a child, or - as I did last Christmas day- breaking the news to two children under ten that their daddy had taken his life. Ask those people if they feel the same about you? Often the priest is the ONLY person who sticks with them when others vanish as they dont know what to say. IF I am over senstive and appear humourless it is because I only EVER see contempt, vitriol and foul attitude hurled my way on account of my faith. It gets very tedious when all you can do is revert to moronic dterotypes and lable ''every priest is a child abuser'' etc... Sorry but if your attitudes towards faith on here are indicative of you as human beings it does not reflect well on you. After countless abuse and non-stop lack of respect I am signing off ...for good. Honestly when did our country get so sick that people who try to work tirelessly for others get stick and abuse and accused of being ''stupid/fantasists/abusers/mone grabbers'' rant over[/quote]

Don''t let the b*****s get you down! It''s a sorry state of affairs but you won''t find much compassion on a football msg board that''s for sure, but you''ve got to understand that it is just ignorance and black and white thinking and just get over it, turn the other cheek like.  We had some inspirational priests in our parish where I grew up, and if Phil Mulledwine can be like them then he will have done more with his life than in his football career........

[/quote]It''s there a hint of a contradiction there?

As a norwegan conservative christian I love to hear that there are christian fotball players. That there is more then girls,drinks and fotball. I dont know much aboute the catholic movment but hope Mulryne wil be a good role model for young fans. Good for you Mulryne!!!!

Do you believe God when he reckoned he made Earth, the other planets, stars heaven etc in the dark? IMO he''s a bullshitter.

Good point Vac....

If he''d really done it in the dark at least one of the planets would have ended up square shaped.....

I sense some deception going on here........ I really do.

[quote user="Felixfan"]

From one delusional occupation to another.

[/quote]

Delusions take various forms like thinking Marshall was actually good.