Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

Mulryne to become a Priest

good luck to him.

he has often been known to worship in house of the public. [B]

mind you, best lock up the communion wine. [;)]

[quote user="Herb"]Why does this news put me in mind of a young Father Jack?[/quote]

Drink, feck, biscuits........ lol can see where ya coming from.

Good luck to him though

What fantastic news, he will be a great asset in the community and a great role model for kids, such a refreshing change from the normal behaviour we see from footballers. May S. John de Vianney pray for him (He is patron saint of parish priests)

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]What fantastic news, he will be a great asset in the community and a great role model for kids, such a refreshing change from the normal behaviour we see from footballers. May S. John de Vianney pray for him (He is patron saint of parish priests)[/quote]Yet, you already knew this............ [;)]

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]What fantastic news, he will be a great asset in the community and a great role model for kids, such a refreshing change from the normal behaviour we see from footballers. May S. John de Vianney pray for him (He is patron saint of parish priests)[/quote]

Catholic priests great role models for kids?!Yeah, especially young boys.  [:P]

Yeah this has already been done to death and - due to Internet law - very quickly descended into a 20-page thread about the pros and cons of organised religion.

But Mulryne being a good role model for kids? Only if he''s being hired as a Guinness spokesman [:P]

How sad it is that some on here hold the priesthood in such low regard and are unable to distinguish between the fraction of disgraceful charlatans who get a collar for the wrong reasons and the huge majoritywho serve their communities with love and dedication

for very little in return.

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]

for very little in return.[/quote]

Apart from a free house...and an average salary of £28,000...and a pension the private sector can only dream of.

As a Catholic priest he will get no free house but a room in a shared house with several other priests. He will get closer to 10k than 28k and no pension to speak of

As to the C of E for whom I work. Yes I get to live in a church owned house...but that is not mine to keep in retirement hence the need for a reasonable pension. And it is closer to 24k....which considering I have two degrees is not really that good. Don''t get me wrong I am very grateful for it but had I gone into the city or medicine etc as many friends did I would b earning an AWFUL lot more. Ultimately I have as much if not more responsibility than the local head teacher but earn less than a newly qualified teacher....make of that what you will!

You always sound so hard done by vic! Its ok saying that you ''could'' have gone into the city, but surely you know what has happened in the ''city''? People who have lost 50k jobs are applying for 15k jobs, people that have lost 100k jobs are applying for 25k jobs and so on. The ''city'' which of course normally refers to the moving about of money of some sort, aka the financial sector, is one of the worst hit sectors; and there is every chance that you would be unemployed now if you had taken that well trodden route. I appreciate that you have two degrees, but I have friends with phd''s that are taking call centre jobs to meet their loan repayments at the moment. I myself have a first called degree and have an interview tomorrow for an ''Accounts Manager''. How much do you think they are willing to pay me? £12,850 a year. Thats 2k less than I was on before I had a degree, working as an administrator! I could still get more than that as an administrator if I wasnt desperate, and it is actually good experience, but two years ago they probably would have paid 20k - 25k. Thats the way it is right now. In three or four years time, when everything is bouyont again, people can sympathise about your predicament. In the meantime I wish that you would stop moaning about your salary, and the house that you don''t get to own, and think about those people who DID buy there house, only to subsequently lose the house.... who are now paying rent, and wish that they had a job which provided free accommodation. Some of those people are likely to be local to your church.

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]How sad it is that some on here hold the priesthood in such low regard and are unable to distinguish between the fraction of disgraceful charlatans who get a collar for the wrong reasons and the huge majoritywho serve their communities with love and dedication for very little in return.[/quote]

I thought it was compulsory to take it up the jacksie after you''d taken the oath?.....

You mean all of those bastards were lying?......

Well....that''s certainly me done with religion from now on !!!!!

[quote user="St. Cluck"]

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]How sad it is that some on here hold the priesthood in such low regard and are unable to distinguish between the fraction of disgraceful charlatans who get a collar for the wrong reasons and the huge majoritywho serve their communities with love and dedication for very little in return.[/quote]

I thought it was compulsory to take it up the jacksie after you''d taken the oath?.....

You mean all of those bastards were lying?......

Well....that''s certainly me done with religion from now on !!!!!

[/quote]

[:D]

i posted this news about mulryne about 8 months ago and nobody believed me http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1532415/ShowPost.aspx[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]How sad it is that some on here hold the priesthood in such low regard and are unable to distinguish between the fraction of disgraceful charlatans who get a collar for the wrong reasons and the huge majoritywho serve their communities with love and dedication

for very little in return.[/quote]and i remember you VIYAG getting hot under the dog-collar quite a bit then too when some people, quite righly, mocked the church. hope you have lightened up a bit since then.the ascent of fan     

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]How sad it is that some on here hold the priesthood in such low regard and are unable to distinguish between the fraction of disgraceful charlatans who get a collar for the wrong reasons and the huge majoritywho serve their communities with love and dedication

for very little in return.[/quote]Join the queue with the politicians, police officers, teachers....

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]As a Catholic priest he will get no free house but a room in a shared house with several other priests. He will get closer to 10k than 28k and no pension to speak of

As to the C of E for whom I work. Yes I get to live in a church owned house...but that is not mine to keep in retirement hence the need for a reasonable pension. And it is closer to 24k....which considering I have two degrees is not really that good. Don''t get me wrong I am very grateful for it but had I gone into the city or medicine etc as many friends did I would b earning an AWFUL lot more. Ultimately I have as much if not more responsibility than the local head teacher but earn less than a newly qualified teacher....make of that what you will![/quote]

That free accommodation plus your salary puts you on approximately 36k per year - not bad at all considering the higher percentage of people only go to church for christenings, weddings, funerals and Christmas mass when they''re p*ssed.Seriously though, how much action does your church see per annum? 24k and a years worth of mortgage and/or rental accommodation?No, I didn''t think so.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]How sad it is that some on here hold the priesthood in such low regard and are unable to distinguish between the fraction of disgraceful charlatans who get a collar for the wrong reasons and the huge majoritywho serve their communities with love and dedication for very little in return.[/quote]

Join the queue with the politicians, police officers, teachers....
[/quote]

Nurses, firemen etc

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]How sad it is that some on here hold the priesthood in such low regard and are unable to distinguish between the fraction of disgraceful charlatans who get a collar for the wrong reasons and the huge majoritywho serve their communities with love and dedication

for very little in return.[/quote]

A church donation box:[img]http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/5037875/203936-main_Full.jpg[/img]

One of the Archbishop of Canterbury''s residences:[img]http://www.archbishopofcanterbury.org/media/image/r/8/lambethpalace_large.jpg[/img]

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]As a Catholic priest he will get no free house but a room in a shared house with several other priests. He will get closer to 10k than 28k and no pension to speak of As to the C of E for whom I work. Yes I get to live in a church owned house...but that is not mine to keep in retirement hence the need for a reasonable pension. And it is closer to 24k....which considering I have two degrees is not really that good. Don''t get me wrong I am very grateful for it but had I gone into the city or medicine etc as many friends did I would b earning an AWFUL lot more. Ultimately I have as much if not more responsibility than the local head teacher but earn less than a newly qualified teacher....make of that what you will![/quote]

That free accommodation plus your salary puts you on approximately 36k per year - not bad at all considering the higher percentage of people only go to church for christenings, weddings, funerals and Christmas mass when they''re p*ssed.

Seriously though, how much action does your church see per annum? 24k and a years worth of mortgage and/or rental accommodation?

No, I didn''t think so.

[/quote]

Dont forget the collection tray! what do you think happens to all that money?