Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

It's a no go on Grant Holt!

Gunn said in todays evening news that it''s just speculation and wide of the mark linking us with a move for Grant Holt! This is a big shame because he would of easily scored us over 20+ goals. I would love to see Maric sign but we still need another 6ft+ forward. If Maric gets injured, we would only be left with short arses up front!. Bridges has gone back to home to Newcastle and didn''t really impress, so who else is there? and are we actually going to spend some money on a forward?

[quote user="colneycanary"]Gunn said in todays evening news that it''s just speculation and wide of the mark linking us with a move for Grant Holt! This is a big shame because he would of easily scored us over 20+ goals. I would love to see Maric sign but we still need another 6ft+ forward. If Maric gets injured, we would only be left with short arses up front!. Bridges has gone back to home to Newcastle and didn''t really impress, so who else is there? and are we actually going to spend some money on a forward?[/quote]HOW MANY TIMES HAS THIS BEEN SAID BY MANAGERS...THEN DAYS LATER THEY SIGN THE PLAYER???  oops soz for shouting

He didn''t say that. The word you''ve added is ''just'' which totally changes the meaning of the sentence. He said it''s speculation and there''s lots of it at the time of year some wide of the mark some more accurate.

You can make what you want of what Gunn said. But one thing i will say is Gunn has been completely honest when asked about transfer speculation and would admit if the was any truth in the speculation linking us with a move for Holt.

I''m just stating facts, you''re interpeting what he said to mean it''s a no go, that''s up to you, I don''t agree.

Show me where gunn has been open about speculation? Also please explain to me how if we now sign holt how gunn has been dishonest?

He''s not that open. Since when has he revealed our targets? The only thing he''s ever said is that Whaley is close to signing and Russell and Clingan are set to leave

The fact is, Gunn said that speculation linking us with a move for Holt is wide of the mark. Gunn was honest when speculation was about Nelson, Tudor-jones, Gill and Llera (who signed for Charlton).

If you want to cling on to hope that we will sign Holt, that''s up to you. But after Gunn''s comments today, it''s a no go!

Quote from todays evening news:

Gunn said reports that he was chasing Shrewsbury target man Grant Holt were wide of the mark.

“That''s speculation,” he said. “Obviously at this stage of the season there is a lot of speculation about, some of it has some truth to it others completely off the mark, but it''s something we have got to put up with as a football club and we are working hard behind the scenes in our efforts to get players in.

The fact is you''re an idiot. All gunn said per the quote in the evening news was an elaborate no comment. He said it''s speculation and then defined speculation to be something that is sometimes accurate sometimes not.

It may turn out we sign him, it nay turn out we don''t, but your claim gunn said it''s a no go is incorrect and an unjustifiable position.

GROW UP!!! SimonOTBC...... It''s people like you that have to insult people and start calling people names that drive people away from forums like this. If you don''t like what you read, don''t comment and go elsewhere!

To be honest that once again appears to be Archant writers making a statement as if said by someone from the club when the reality of the quote is different. Gunn does not say the "the Grant Holt speculation is wide of the mark" he says that it is speculation and then goes on to say some speculation has some truth to it whilst other speculation can be completely off the mark. He doesn''t actually say the Holt speculation is wide of the mark.

Personally I think we are focusing on Maric now and conseqeuntly the chances we are after Holt are low but the quote from Gunn does not rule it out.

Shrewsbury Town say you have not yet asked them for permission to speak to Holt which you would need to do as he is under contract.  The only club who have asked for permission is Colchester and that was turned down.

Here is the quote in full..........

[quote]

“That''s speculation,” he said. “Obviously at this stage of the season there is a lot of speculation about, some of it has some truth to it others completely off the mark, but it''s something we have got to put up with as a football club and we are working hard behind the scenes in our efforts to get players in.

“When we get the medicals done and when we get the player''s signature on the contract we will

tell everyone about it.”

[/quote]

That is NOT denying we are after Holt........... it''s saying he won''t confirm either way which suggests there is something in the rumor.

After getting outbid for Dickinson I am thinking he is not commenting until any deal is done and dusted.

[quote user="colneycanary"] This is a big shame because he would of easily scored us over 20+ goals.[/quote]

[*-)]

I don''t think he would HAVE.

When was the last time anyone scored 20 goals for us? What makes you think Grant Holt would do any better?

Lets dredge up every single post.  Lets burn them all at the stake !(kidding...)

[quote user="ACE"]Lets dredge up every single post.  Lets burn them all at the stake !

(kidding...)
[/quote]

No, don''t kid..lets do it..Im tired of all the doom monger, negative whinge bags..Her''s to gunny, and a goo dlookign squad for next year!!

[quote user="ACE"]Lets dredge up every single post.  Lets burn them all at the stake !

(kidding...)
[/quote]

No, don''t kid..lets do it..Im tired of all the doom monger, negative whinge bags..Here''s to gunny, and a good looking squad for next year!!