Sign in to follow this  
Pi$$ed As A Mattress

Ha Ha, Justice is served

I remember, not all that long ago, when I used to spend my morning off watching the squad training at Colney.

I also remember that as the players came out of the changing room they would all speak to the small crowd that had gathered to see them......apart from one jumped up little squirt who thought he was the best thing since sliced bread. He would walk past with his nose in the air believing that he was far too good to talk to us. This wasnt just the odd occasion, it was every time.

Now I am nearly wetting myself laughing because that jumped up little idiot finds himself scrapping around trying to find empolyment. Just goes to prove that he is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.

Tough luck Hendo !!!!  Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha HAAAAAAAAAAA

I know a few of the lads who came through the ranks with him and some of them really went downhill, some really talented lads who didn''t even make a career playing cos they messed up with partying, drink and females.

From what I have heard Hendo has hit the ground hard over the last couple of years and actually grown up a bit. He better start getting them coaching badges!

one of my best mates was at norwich youth knew him well and said he was a bit of a muppet

i have not met him myself i just recall my mate talking about him .

[quote user="eagle"]

I know a few of the lads who came through the ranks with him and some of them really went downhill, some really talented lads who didn''t even make a career playing cos they messed up with partying, drink and females.

From what I have heard Hendo has hit the ground hard over the last couple of years and actually grown up a bit. He better start getting them coaching badges!

[/quote]

Are you Robert Eagle?

[quote user="Dogger in Div 1"][quote user="eagle"]

[/quote]

Are you Robert Eagle?

[/quote]

Nope

He''s having a trial in Turkey isn''t he? Whilst you''re leaving bitter messages on an internet forum. Well done mate, you''ve definitely had the last laugh there [:|]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]He''s having a trial in Turkey isn''t he? Whilst you''re leaving bitter messages on an internet forum. Well done mate, you''ve definitely had the last laugh there [:|][/quote]

He could probably do with a change of scenery to be fair. Good luck to him I say.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]He''s having a trial in Turkey isn''t he? Whilst you''re leaving bitter messages on an internet forum. Well done mate, you''ve definitely had the last laugh there [:|][/quote]

A trial in Turkey is having the last laugh is it?. The way that chucking idiot acted you would think he would be joining Ronaldo at Real Madrid by now

He played an important role and scored some good goals during the promotion season. Always thought he did okay, promotion to the Premiership came at the wrong time for him.

Of course when we were teenagers we all behaved like "sensible" grown ups didn''t we? I certainly didn''t.

I wrote this a couple of years ago about Hendo. No edits or benefit of hindsights. He was just about to join Northampton.

I liked Hendo when he initially started playing for Norwich. He looked lively in his first start up front in that awful Carling Cup match at Northampton in August 2003. He almost scored that evening after a clever run through their defence but lifted the ball over the keeper and it went just wide. If he had scored that chance would it have changed his confidence or Worthington’s attitude towards him or maybe him getting selected as an attacker? Who knows?

He played for England U19’s and in the game I saw him play he was selected up front. I recall he looked lively and a decent player.

In the Championship year I thought he had cracked it. He looked lively for a few games, scored a couple of great goals cutting in from the right wing, where he was almost always selected.

After the initial euphoria of those few goals, he lost form and for the most part he looked lost and bereft of confidence on the wing. He rarely tried to go past a player, he often passed it sideways and left it to others. With the crowd starting to groan every time he made a mistake his confidence started to ebb.

He was capable of the odd moment of outstanding play; that wonderful cross for Matt Svensson’s first goal for the club in the Boxing Day fixture against Forest springs to mind.

He hardly featured in the Prem season and the season after that was becoming a more and more peripheral figure. He was rewarded with the odd sub appearance here and there and he got one start up front, the first since that Carling Cup match three years ago. He was subbed after an hour.

I heard he did ok when he was at Rotherham, he scored once (or twice) in a dozen appearances.

So at the end of this long spiel about Hendo, I don’t know whether he was

(a)    A decent young player who didn’t develop enough to make the grade

(b)   A decent young player who development was stifled by Worthington’s failure to give him a chance

(c)    Not good enough

I genuinely don’t know what the answer is. All I know is that he needs a move, he needs to play first team football in his preferred position, up front, for a club a division or two below Norwich to see if he can establish himself. The next season will be crucial to his career. If he doesn’t crack it, this may well be his last season where he gets paid to play.

I wish him well and really hope me makes a success of his new club wherever that may be.

[quote user="Pissed as a Mattress"]

A trial in Turkey is having the last laugh is it?. The way that chucking idiot acted you would think he would be joining Ronaldo at Real Madrid by now

[/quote]I didn''t say he was having the last laugh did I. By the tone of your first post I thought he must be working in McDonalds rather than flying out to Turkey to try out for a job which entails kicking a football about for a couple of hours a week before relaxing in the sun.

As I''m reading this mate I am assuming you get payed to play football and that you play at a fairly high standard, otherwise why would you think you have the right to slate someone who no matter what there faults are clearly a better player than you are or have ever been. I suggest you get a life mate, and while I''m at it I take it your a norwich fan, if I''m correct none of there players actually did that well last season did they...........

Turkish league''s a growing league also, getting a fair bit of cash pumped in to it and with Rijkaard taking over as Galatasary manager i''m expecting it''s attraction for good players to go there grow even more.

It certainly didn''t do Geoghe Hagi''s career any harm.

[quote user="LENNONSDAD"]As I''m reading this mate I am assuming you get payed to play football and that you play at a fairly high standard, otherwise why would you think you have the right to slate someone who no matter what there faults are clearly a better player than you are or have ever been. I suggest you get a life mate, and while I''m at it I take it your a norwich fan, if I''m correct none of there players actually did that well last season did they...........[/quote]

im lennon''s dad to! But i certainly dont support asrenal!

[quote user="LENNONSDAD"]As I''m reading this mate I am assuming you get payed to play football and that you play at a fairly high standard, otherwise why would you think you have the right to slate someone who no matter what there faults are clearly a better player than you are or have ever been. I suggest you get a life mate, and while I''m at it I take it your a norwich fan, if I''m correct none of there players actually did that well last season did they...........[/quote]

Are you related by any chance? Why so defensive?

No relation mate.

Know the lad and don''t understand why people want to get on his back and slate him.

My personal opinion is he has only ever played under average managers who are not known for nurturing young talent, hopefully the move to turkey help him make the step up.

I had occasion to meet him many times and he seemed quite shy, maybe you''re too quick to mis-judge

When my wages are paying the wages of a jumped up dick who wont even speak to you I can say what the hell I like muppet

So correct me if I''m wrong but do you pay to watch Norwich City or pay for there players to talk to you.

All I''m saying is I don''t think there''s any need for people to slate him the way they are, and especially bringing his late brother into the debate is totally wrong.

[quote user="LENNONSDAD"]No relation mate.

Know the lad and don''t understand why people want to get on his back and slate him.

My personal opinion is he has only ever played under average managers who are not known for nurturing young talent, hopefully the move to turkey help him make the step up.[/quote]You have to admit though, there was a time when he sported a really camp hair cut.

[quote user="LENNONSDAD"]So correct me if I''m wrong but do you pay to watch Norwich City or pay for there players to talk to you. All I''m saying is I don''t think there''s any need for people to slate him the way they are, and especially bringing his late brother into the debate is totally wrong.[/quote]

I didnt either 1, start this thread or 2, bring his late brother into this. I do however think that players could find it in themselves to at least be sociable. I agree that he walked around like he was some kind of superstar to be honest and i agree that it is funny how he has now found out how good he isnt. no need to be rude, so on that note i withdraw the muppet jibe.

signed 2 year contract for Ankaragcu in turkish prem leageu playing with vassell and probably campbell next year earning more than any norwich player at the moment is earning so who had the last laugh?