Sign in to follow this  
XXL16

Congratulation to Adam Drury

Adam finally you have shaken off the injury  problem in last two seasons and have a normal pre-season, I am sure your experience would be very important to us. :)

[quote user="Mister Chops"]He''ll probably go home to celebrate, then stub his toe on the fridge door and be out for six months.

[/quote]

Haha [;)]

Drury is one we should cashed in a while ago.. sadly i dont think we really have any cover at left back berth so he will be here for a while.

jas :)

Couldnt agree more jas his wages must be high which cock gave him a 4 year contract, the day i see him take the ball off the opposition I will convert to a Delia fan he has never been good enough imo we badly need cover although i think Lappin is good enough for that, I''ll give him a max of 5 games before he is out with injury

Hopefully he''ll stay fit as i think he could play a big part next season. We still need cover though!

think he was a good player in his prime. very consistant just kept it simple but was effective.. your right should hv sold him or at least offerd a short term contract so we had the option to give him a pay cut. am worried about how slow our defence will be next season. If ostemambor is dropped next year, we are going to have to defend very deep or we will have alot of problems.we need someone like clingan to play in the gap between deffence and  midfield if not the other teams with a player like hoolahan will get in that whole an course no end of problems. thats one the reasons i think he will have a huge part to play next year in this league he''ll get in that hole n hopefully creat loads!

[quote user="pliff"]Couldnt agree more jas his wages must be high which cock gave him a 4 year contract, the day i see him take the ball off the opposition I will convert to a Delia fan he has never been good enough imo we badly need cover although i think Lappin is good enough for that, I''ll give him a max of 5 games before he is out with injury[/quote]You think Drury is no good and Lappin is adequate cover, have I read that wrong. I''m amazed.

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="pliff"]Couldnt agree more jas his wages must be high which cock gave him a 4 year contract, the day i see him take the ball off the opposition I will convert to a Delia fan he has never been good enough imo we badly need cover although i think Lappin is good enough for that, I''ll give him a max of 5 games before he is out with injury[/quote]

You think Drury is no good and Lappin is adequate cover, have I read that wrong. I''m amazed.
[/quote]

Drury already in Gunn''s first team plan already, just need him to keep away from injury. We will have a fine season.

Drury could have a good season for us, so long as he can stay fit. I just wish he wouldn''t give forwards so much space. He seems at times to invite the cross rather than to close his man down.

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="pliff"]Couldnt agree more jas his wages must be high which cock gave him a 4 year contract, the day i see him take the ball off the opposition I will convert to a Delia fan he has never been good enough imo we badly need cover although i think Lappin is good enough for that, I''ll give him a max of 5 games before he is out with injury[/quote]You think Drury is no good and Lappin is adequate cover, have I read that wrong. I''m amazed.[/quote]Ha ha! I agree. Lappin is shocking at left back, it''s the reason Roeder cast him out to train with the youth team. He just didn''t do well at all when asked to play there. Drury has been pretty good in pre season. I think he''s slowed down even more, but he is a more effective defender than Lappin will ever be. Remember, we''ve got Rhoys Wiggins to play there too and he still has age on his side. Haven''t seen a lot of him, but the reports are good. Still, it remains the position I''m most worried about because I fear it will be a hard season for Drury to remain sans injuries!!

are you serious? do you have something wrong with you? get a brain and learn how to read a football game. is your real nickname pri*k the pliff?

Have to say I was very impressed with drury. Played really well against wigan in my opinion and has some competition now which I believe before he got that injury he just diddnt have. Still dont think Mr Otsemobor has got enough competition. Still something obviously made him actually go past the half way line for once in his life on saturday

Drury on his day is a very good player, and he does have competition with Rhoys Wiggins. Otsemobor is the player who needs more competition!

[quote user="pliff"]Couldnt agree more jas his wages must be high which cock gave him a 4 year contract, the day i see him take the ball off the opposition I will convert to a Delia fan he has never been good enough imo we badly need cover although i think Lappin is good enough for that, I''ll give him a max of 5 games before he is out with injury[/quote]

i believe drury made an amazing steal of a tackle in front of goal up in scotchland?!