Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Press conference 8 July 2009

[quote user="OTBC"]Sounds like a good signing. I''m not fussed about the lack of fee. If we can pick up good players who are out of contact it''s far better than paying over the odds for an inferior player.
Can someone do a summary of our squad? What positions are we looking to fill? Would be surprised if we don''t see players move on before our first game, maybe we''ll see some noticable absentees this Saturday?
[/quote]

Good signing imo, dont know why people are moaning.

We still need a right back, left and right winger and big striker.

OTBC, the most obvious positions we need to fill are RW... hopefully Wade Small will be snapped up.

And we still need a striker too.

They''re the two areas that are most urgent, i wouldn''t say no to an additional left back either though.

We have a good quartet of strikers, so unless Holt is injured, I don''t see the need for a striker. The midfield is not as full as we thought, as there are question marks about  the two currently injured. However, Lambert has shown himself concerned about lack of pace, especially in wide positions - Lappin and McV, while having other gifts, do lack pace. Whaley does not seem to be the answer, as we were warned by his selling club.The back four, now with able back-up with Francomb and Wiggins, seems to lack only an accomplished CD, but these come only very expensive or temporary recuperation loans.After Christmas we shall lose Forster, but as Rudd has done so well, we do not need a new keeper just yet.So, IF, a new player is signed, and it looks likely given Lambert''s recent comments on squad size, my guess would be:-most likely - wide player with pace-next most likely - central defender-least likely - goalkeeperBut Paul Lambert does have the ability to surprise!

In a recent interview from Lambert he stated that he would only sign players on loan if they were players he could get in permanently in January because he wants players committed to the club/cause.

Either that or it''ll be another keeper on loan to cover Theo being an idiot.

Cambs

[quote user="Captain Holt"]Why did you dig this up Bump? Just exciting everyone for no reason.........[/quote]

Agreed, I thought Lambo was going to make a loan signing with a view to buying in January...[:(]

[quote user="Captain Holt"]Why did you dig this up Bump? Just exciting everyone for no reason.........[/quote]Because it was Theo''s press conference.  Some people need to check before they post lol!

Oh right, just seen the date on the OP [:S]

(my birthday as it happens which was bloody ages ago)

I was wondering how we could sign someone outside the window . . . it''s a wind up folks

It''s not a wind up. As I said less than a page ago; it''s Bump bumping to prove how right he was about Theo back in July.

If it wasn''t for that "stupid Aussie" we''d probably still have Bryan Gunn in charge.  With hindsight he''s done us a huge favour and helped to change the course of history at Carrow Road.

Whoaah! Ouch. I keep getting whiplash from the increadibly rapidity with which folks can spin a thread round to have yet another little yabba about Gunn.

Didn''t say you were defending him (if you read what I wrote carefully!) just said you were yabbaring about him.