Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

A good performance...

I was encouraged by our performace today against Portsmouth.

To come back twice in the game from being a goal down showed what we are made of. Some may look at it as two points lost but I prefer to look at it as another point gained.

And we scored 2 goals...it''s looking promising. Don''t forget we hit the woodwork twice...if only Gary Holt''s effort had gone in!

Well done Nigel and the lads!

It''s hard to be disappointed when the team showed such spirit to get back into the game, and then looked to win it.I was surprised McKenzie didn''t get on the score sheet today. How he didn''t get on the end of that ball Hucks played straight across their six yard area I''ll never know. But still a really positive, high energy display from him.By the way, do I receive a Pink''un tie now that I''ve reached 200 posts?

I have to agree that todays second half preformance was more like the norwich of the earlier part of the year, yes we can compete with sides like pompey, but I think that we are still way short of actually being able to beat these sides and with wba starting to jell into an effective unit im starting to loss heart, only 1 side on paper look weaker than ourselves - cp and we could only draw with them . Im not going to point the figure at individuals as not being good enough, I feel they are all doing there best, unfortunately we have under estimated the strength of even our nearest rivals and have probably got carried away with our own recent achivements, I hope im proved wrong. I hate saturday evenings feeling like this, want to watch motd but only with the sound down, I just know what those smug pundits are going to say !!! no game for 2wks, something else not working in our favor. Im sure NW would like to take 2nd half momentum into next game asap,

COME ON LADS, CHEER ME UP!!!!

anyone know any good jokes???

What did anyone think of greeno''s impression of david james I hope its not part of svens coaching policy

i enjoyed the game , there were chances galore which was the complete opposite to the villa game where the dreaded diamond bored the pants of me . you cant fault the players effort one bit , but if i can be critical on one thing it is that our midfield is crying out for some creativity . we have ball winners , but nobody who has the vision to pick out THE pass . for this reason i think we should drop holt ( no reflection on him ) and include mulryne or safri . huff and puff is great but we need more than that in this league .

I think we were a far better side than Pompey today who only looked like scoring from our errors - which was the case.  Their other close efforts agai came from us backing off or allowing them too much space.

I thought Pomey were poor and we pretty much dictated the game.  Greeno is unlikely to makes those 2 errors again and on another da we could have scored 4-5.

Not a defeat and shows we can beat those sides outside the top 5.

OTBC

Agree 100% that it was a good performance and having watched MOTD they were very complimentary about our team.  Just need to tweak the midfield slightly and that first win will soon come.

Having just watched the shot again on MOTD I don''t think Green has too much to blame himself for ,it had a vicious swerve on it and at him very quickly.Certainly not a James flapper!!

Much more like it yesterday - a touch more composure in the penalty area, a little more luck of the bounce and we''d have had 3 points.

It WILL come, and yesterday has heartened my hope that we can compete in the Premier (we''ve only been beaten by Utd Arsenal and liverpool after all). With the learnings and luck of time, and as long as it doesn''t come too late in the season.

Big game at the Baggies in a fortnight: stick with it (and don''t revert to diamonds again).

Look at it how you like but the fact remains we have dropped 19 points out of 24 and yesterday was definitely a game we should have won (like C Pal at home).

If Palace beat Fulham tomorrow we''re bottom.

Its points not platitudes we need.