Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

How much money do Norwich have to spend?

I make it in the region of a million with the sale of Marshall and the money from the rebate saga, is this money solely avaiable for players, or has it already been lost in the Norwich etha? Have we actually spent any money this pre season so far?

Personally I think it''s pointless trying to guess these things.

We don''t know the amount needed in order to balance the books in comparison to last year or how much is being put up by the directors.

The club wouldn''t want anyone to know how much we have to spend either.

But, if I were guessing, I expect us to have a budget of about £500k for transfer fees ignoring player sales.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]

I make it in the region of a million with the sale of Marshall and the money from the rebate saga, is this money solely avaiable for players, or has it already been lost in the Norwich etha? Have we actually spent any money this pre season so far?

[/quote]lost in the Norwich ''etha''.

Nowhere near that.  The rebate cash was player BUDGET not TRANSFERS, so you can knock off signing on fees and wages for the 4 already in.  Plus I suspect we only got around 400K for Marshall, so I reckon we are actually looking at closer to 600K from what you described.It depends on how the games being played with Clingan pan out.[quote user="Canaries Utd"]

[/quote]

We have very very little money. We can''t afford Alan Lee, Dickinson or Grant Holt. We have now set are sights on Platt from Colcester, so they can buy Grant Holt! Colcester have more money than us!!!

When Sammy Clingan is sold, we may have a small amount from that added to the transfer kitty! Otherwise we aint got a lot!

I was wondering the same thing myself. We should have at least £1m given the fee for Marshall and the rebate money doubled up. That, of course, assumes there was absolutely nothing available at the outset. Given the fact that there is still money to come for Clingan and Hoolihan (....of course they are given half a chance - before anyone challenges!) where will we spend it all? We are told we can''t/ won''t meet Derby''s valuation for Dickinson or Palace''s valuation for Lee so what''s going to happen to somewhere between £1-2.5m. Interest payment on the loan perhaps.....

How do the people who gave the club the rebate back feel as they watch all these freebies coming through the door while your money sits in the Carrow Road Bank. Meanwhile we are linked with an old striker who doesn''t score many goals for Colchester. Still at least this time we won''t be paying £1m + an outrageous salary for him....will we Jamie!

I do understand the club keeping figures under wraps, therefore not alerting other clubs to our wealth (or lack of it) but throughout the years we have constantly heard that the sale of players as far back as Reul Fox would benefit the purchasing wallet, but throughtout the years money just seems to have been dwindled away.  I hope the sale of Marshall and the rebate funds are available for players??? i estimate over £800,000???

so what happens to the 7 million cost of being relegated ?

is that added to our debt figure which is now going to be fairly worrying .

can anyone advise on this ..im sure we were about 25 million in debt or are my figures way out ?