I hope we did offer 200k/250k. Because I don''t think he''s worth anymore than that.I won''t moan about us not paying anymore, especially if you say million miles apart.

i wouldnt pay any more than that for him .

considering mcdonald was 25k and i firmly believe he would score more than lee anyway .

maybe norwich are starting to be a bit more clever with the funds they have .

I would not have bid more than 400k, I think people are forgetting that he would be on around 15k a week. Is he going to want to drop 7.5k? I doubt it. If not 15k, maybe 10k.

But the other side of the coin is that say we only bid 400k and Palace wanted 500k, Charlton pay up and they get promoted on Lee''s 20goals, we would be pisssed off. Its a tough call, club and we fans should not be held to ransom by selling clubs, but it is always a small amount difference normally between selling and buying clubs.

[quote user="singing canary"]i wouldnt pay any more than that for him . considering mcdonald was 25k and i firmly believe he would score more than lee anyway . maybe norwich are starting to be a bit more clever with the funds they have .[/quote]

i should hope he would! lee is a target man cody is a goalscorer!!

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

I would not have bid more than 400k, I think people are forgetting that he would be on around 15k a week. Is he going to want to drop 7.5k? I doubt it. If not 15k, maybe 10k.

But the other side of the coin is that say we only bid 400k and Palace wanted 500k, Charlton pay up and they get promoted on Lee''s 20goals, we would be pisssed off. Its a tough call, club and we fans should not be held to ransom by selling clubs, but it is always a small amount difference normally between selling and buying clubs.

[/quote]

15k? I doubt he is on that much. The average wage in the Championship for first team players is around 5k, if Alan Lee is getting triple that his agent deserves a medal.

The main issue is Palace still haven''t fully paid off his transfer fee to Ipswich so will want any buying club to cover that at least. I reckon 300k with an extra 50k if we go up would get him, but still not sure I want him here.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Mister Chops"]I''d rather have Alan Lee than Clive Platt.[/quote]That''s not saying much though.[/quote]True, I''d rather have syphilis than Clive Platt.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Mister Chops"]I''d rather have Alan Lee than Clive Platt.
[/quote]
That''s not saying much though.
[/quote]

True, I''d rather have syphilis than Clive Platt.

[/quote]

Priceless! [img]http://carrowroad.net/carrow1/Smileys/new/rofl.gif[/img]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]There is no way in hell he is getting paid £15k - where do people pull these figures out from?!!!If you look at the average for the league and consider the fact that he is not one of the leagues best. For example Lita was supposedly on £20k a week - Palace also had Kuqki who is likely to have been on more money than Lee. £15k is more than what Huckerby was rumoured to have been on and almost two Mark Fotheringham''s.I don''t think Palace are that loaded with cash to be able to afford a striker not even on the bench for that money. If he was that expencive they would accept a lot less money for him just to shift him off their books. You are talking about a player that costs them £750k+ a year in wages. You could buy a half decent Champ player for half of that and use the other half to pay his wages.

[quote user="Hucks is Legend"]i''d rather have dickinson than both, also stern john![/quote]Stern John is a must if they have any sense. He has all of the attributes and scores goals. He is free and we would also be stealing a player off a team that have tried every trick in the book to dodge the point deduction. Infact why would he want to stay there - they are almost certain relegation bets.

Not worth more than about £500k, but then thats the going rate....

Lee is on £9.5k pw at Palace and is more than prepared to take the hit on his bank balance that signing for us would mean.

Well, there is time yet , most clubs have not signed anybody yet, we have 4 new players CONTRACTED TO NORWICH CITY surely that''s a start ?

I think Lee would be a good signing but I honestly hope we don''t spend a fortune on him. The thread today highlights Lambert costing 750k and wanting a 3 year deal. Lee is what, 30+ and would require a fee + wages, surely Lambert would represent better value in comparison?

[quote user="supercol"]Well, there is time yet , most clubs have not signed anybody yet, we have 4 new players CONTRACTED TO NORWICH CITY surely that''s a start ?[/quote]That''s true, normally we''d have 4 loans