Sign in to follow this  
City 2nd

INVESTMENT!

Today, media reports indicate that Newcastle United are about to be sold to new investors.......the deal regarding Southampton FC is about to be finalised.....and Charlton are also to move on with a consortium buy out and new investment........and Norwich City.......well it just about sums the whole thing up when two clubs with whom we were relegated find investment and we apparently can''t/won''t or have no intention of doing so.

[quote user="porkyp"]Today, media reports indicate that Newcastle United are about to be sold to new investors.......the deal regarding Southampton FC is about to be finalised.....and Charlton are also to move on with a consortium buy out and new investment........and Norwich City.......well it just about sums the whole thing up when two clubs with whom we were relegated find investment and we apparently can''t/won''t or have no intention of doing so.[/quote]

Sadly, I have to admit, my source was wrong! there is no new investment in City.............where''s the money and hope gone Delia?

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="porkyp"]Today, media reports indicate that Newcastle United are about to be sold to new investors.......the deal regarding Southampton FC is about to be finalised.....and Charlton are also to move on with a consortium buy out and new investment........and Norwich City.......well it just about sums the whole thing up when two clubs with whom we were relegated find investment and we apparently can''t/won''t or have no intention of doing so.[/quote]

Sadly, I have to admit, my source was wrong! there is no new investment in City.............where''s the money and hope gone Delia?

[/quote]All that fuss Wiz! All that chat about not being let down and nods and winks and you''ll sees! Who should be more embarrassed? You? Or me for keeping such a keen eye on your insider speculation? Imagine if everyone played it up like that. I''d have had a heart attack by now!

[/quote]What was the news you had then Wiz?

[quote user="Romantic"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

All that fuss Wiz! All that chat about not being let down and nods and winks and you''ll sees! Who should be more embarrassed? You? Or me for keeping such a keen eye on your insider speculation? Imagine if everyone played it up like that. I''d have had a heart attack by now!
[/quote]

Personally Romantic, I''m just plain gutted myself, imagine Gunn in charge of bargain basement players..........where''s my rope?[:''(]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

What was the news you had then Wiz?
[/quote]

If WAY49 agrees to it Star, I''ll tell all what I thought I knew.

I''ve always thought of Delia et al''s term "investment" as being slightly, well, loose!

"Investment" implies a return on the money, or at least, in my mind it does! I am "investing" -in a ISA for example-and loads of other posters on here will be doing the same or similar, and we are all expecting and anticipating a return for the money we pay in. Its not absolutely guaranteed, of course-but its a fairly safe bet that we will.

NCFC are asking for "investment", so what return are they offering these investors on their money? A place on the Board-is that it? Well sorry, but if I was to invest money into the football club, or similar, I would expect a little bit more in the way of a return than a place on the Board where any influence I might have is minimal anyway.

So if "X" comes along -and the proviso, according to Delia is that the money invested (come on, given as a gift!) goes into the football club. Great, heres my £10''000''000. What might that be worth and my return for my INVESTMENT in, say, five years time? Well, lets be honest-its likely I will have seen nothing and you are probably going to be asking me to dip my hands in my pocket again before then, aren''t you, to buy yet more shares or whatever-because any I bought in the first place are unlikely to have shot up in value.

People will sniff the possibility of making money, however tenuously, if they can take over a club and do their own thing, implement their own ideas and put their own people in place. To merely support a stagnating status quo by throwing money at it, in the guise that it is an "investment" will not work and won''t attract anyone.

Hence us getting nowhere, whilst Charlton become the latest to attract interest. If the board at Charlton were following the "Norwich model" (ha!) and looking for investment alone, they''d be no further along the road than we are.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]What was the news you had then Wiz?[/quote]

[/quote]Yeah I''d be interested too.

[quote user="Big Dog "]I will say it again: She. Does. Not. Want. To. Sell. All the idiots who have a go at Cullum should wake up.[/quote]Not sure what this has to do with Cullum...?

[quote user="Big Dog "]I will say it again: She. Does. Not. Want. To. Sell.

All the idiots who have a go at Cullum should wake up.[/quote]

This is starting to look the case BD.

The key word is "buy-out" or "takeover."

When Delia and MWJ talk of investment I firmly believe they are talking about finding some mug to bung us a couple of million in retrun for worthless shares and little say over how the club is run. They are not talking about selling up. Anyone putting in major investment is going to want control (or certainly a strong degree of control) which was Cullum''s point.

Even more galling when you read that one of the groups trying to take over Southampton was being brokered/put forward by Keith Harris - what has he brought to us so far? sod all and i suspect its mainly because the terms he has been told to seek investment on are not attractive to investors in the slightest in the current climate. I still harbour strong suspicions that his appointment was just so they could appease angry shareholders at the AGM!

i agree with you 110 percent .

she wont sell her shares .

i have said all along she does not want to be budged or give up her status here she would rather take this club down with her .

[/quote]Fair enough Wiz, hopefully we''ll find out then!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''d sooner you didn''t spill all the beans just yet about what I knew, however all I will say on the matter, that is in the public domain now, is that both Wiz and I knew earlier this year that something was going on at Banham Poultry with regards to Mr Foulger, we knew that was happening, that shares were being sold or deals being done, but as I stated all along we were never sure if it was any great amount of money Mr F or BP would be receiving.

So to those who kept harping on about us being liars and making stuff up, we weren''t.  We didn''t know ALL the details but no one, unless they are directly involved does. 

But I will say a huge thanks to those for keeping schtum, now I know who I can trust on here, if I hear anything again I will share.

[/quote]

Shock, horror, Wiz was talking **** all along, it''s the gullible optimistics I feel sorry for, who actually hung onto your evey word in the hope that you might actually know some good news. The consequences of your attention seeking is great disappointment for many gullible fans on here who genuinely believed you might know something. Not me of course, I knew you had nothing from the start but I do wish that sometimes you would just SHUT UP and stop cluttering this forum up with nonesense.

[quote user="ACE"]Why would she sell?  She loves the power.[/quote] Nice website ACE, is it yours ?

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="ACE"]Why would she sell?  She loves the power.[/quote] Nice website ACE, is it yours ?[/quote]Looks good, is it Wordpress based ACE?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''d sooner you didn''t spill all the beans just yet about what I knew, however all I will say on the matter, that is in the public domain now, is that both Wiz and I knew earlier this year that something was going on at Banham Poultry with regards to Mr Foulger, we knew that was happening, that shares were being sold or deals being done, but as I stated all along we were never sure if it was any great amount of money Mr F or BP would be receiving.

So to those who kept harping on about us being liars and making stuff up, we weren''t.  We didn''t know ALL the details but no one, unless they are directly involved does. 

But I will say a huge thanks to those for keeping schtum, now I know who I can trust on here, if I hear anything again I will share.

[/quote]

Going by what you have said there you didn''t know much at all, certainly not enough to try make the rest of us believe that something exciteing could be happening behind the scenes at Carrow Road. You should never have told Wiz, that ws your biggest mistake, it was inevitable that he would use this to bring some attention to himself.

Me and another chap yes.  Thanks for checking it out.[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="ACE"]Why would she sell?  She loves the power.[/quote] Nice website ACE, is it yours ?[/quote]

Wordpress linked to a phpbb forum yep.[quote user="I.S."][quote user="bluemike"][quote user="ACE"]Why would she sell?  She loves the power.[/quote] Nice website ACE, is it yours ?[/quote]Looks good, is it Wordpress based ACE?[/quote]

[quote user="ACE"]Why would she sell?  She loves the power.[/quote]

good job you know everything that''s said in the boardroom, or I''d be inclined to disagree with that.

You think being taken over at the last minute by Swiss bankers is a desireable situation to be in. Alarm bells would be ringing for me. Swiss. Bankers.

I dot know what is said, that is my opinion.  Its just funny how every other club seems to find investment other than us dont you think?[quote user="Buzz Killington"][quote user="ACE"]Why would she sell?  She loves the power.[/quote]

good job you know everything that''s said in the boardroom, or I''d be inclined to disagree with that.[/quote]

Yes we keep hearing about these alarm bells, but they never ring.  All the clubs with foreign investors seem to be competing ok to me?[quote user="Fuglestad"]

You think being taken over at the last minute by Swiss bankers is a desireable situation to be in. Alarm bells would be ringing for me. Swiss. Bankers.

[/quote]

[quote user="West_London_Canary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Going by what you have said there you didn''t know much at all, certainly not enough to try make the rest of us believe that something exciteing could be happening behind the scenes at Carrow Road. You should never have told Wiz, that ws your biggest mistake, it was inevitable that he would use this to bring some attention to himself.

[/quote]Agreed WLC.