Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Administration DOES work!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Look at Scum, Southampton for just two examples, now both owned by ambitious millionaires. Even Leeds can outbid anything we could  muster.

What have we got? Delia Smith and Bryan bloody Gunn![img]http://carrowroad.net/carrow1/Smileys/new/suicide.gif[/iimg]

[/quote]

Ask any suppliers to clubs like Ipswich and Southampton if it works for them?

I am not a fan of The Suffolks and I don''t think Bryan Gunn is necessarily the best choice for manager but for any company/football club to cynically go into administration only to come out he other side with it''s debts to local companies wiped out and just a 10 point penalty to show for it will lose my support.

[quote user="Big Dog "]

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Big Dog "]Delia does not want to sell. Wolves sold for £1. Norwich for sale at £56m. Get used to failure folks, she is here to stay and we will end up with the club she can afford in League Two. [/quote]FFS. For the last time - that £56 million figure included Cullum''s own suggested £20 investment AND £20m+ (I think) debts. Wolves sold for £1 PLUS their debts I believe.I agree she''s asking too much, but at least compare apples with apples.[/quote]

Not comparing apples with apples; I''m comparing a deluded old trout with reality.

Old. Trout. Out.

[/quote]Actually it was £1 plus the debt plus a guarantee to spend a set minimum amount on the team.If we ''sold'' on the same basis (and remember this means everyone giving up their shareholding for nowt) we''d ''cost'' £1 + £20million + £20million (because that''s what Cullum said he''d spend on the team) = £40,000,001.00 

[quote user="singing canary"]3 wins and plenty of money to buy players to get the points requied .

southampton will be in the running come the end of the season .[/quote]

Plenty of money for players...I doubt it very much.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Look at Scum, Southampton for just two examples, now both owned by ambitious millionaires. Even Leeds can outbid anything we could  muster.

What have we got? Delia Smith and Bryan bloody Gunn![img]http://carrowroad.net/carrow1/Smileys/new/suicide.gif[/img]

[/quote]Leeds'' trip into administration didn''t get rid of Ken Bates did it?Luton have been into administration 3 times in ten years.  Even if you aren''t going to admit the last one (selectively) as it had an extra big points deduction, the first two times can''t have worked very well!

Otherwise, administration is a scummy trick to pull.  As such we shouldn''t do it.

[quote user="McCanary"]Please explain exactly how this would help our club as I am a little confused here!![/quote]

I believe the removal of Smith and Jones is paramount to the future well being of our once great club, to continue with the status quo, means stagnation and rot imo.

I further believe, that despite veiled promises of selling up, later changed to investment, means Smith and Jones will never quit the club, except in a box!

The only way to get them out is aggressivly imo, and the tool for that job is administration.

We already are seeing failure in the transfer maket with average players being signed, next will be the selling of our best players and rubbish performances, and God knows what else, yes, it will get scary and messy............but thats a price worth paying in my opinion.

[quote user="McCanary"]Please explain exactly how this would help our club as I am a little confused here!![/quote]

I believe the removal of Smith and Jones is paramount to the future well being of our once great club, to continue with the status quo, means stagnation and rot imo.

I further believe, that despite veiled promises of selling up, later changed to investment, means Smith and Jones will never quit the club, except in a box!

The only way to get them out is aggressivly imo, and the tool for that job is administration.

We already are seeing failure in the transfer maket with average players being signed, next will be the selling of our best players and rubbish performances, and God knows what else, yes, it will get scary and messy............but thats a price worth paying in my opinion.

[/quote]And such a completely, phenomenally naive argument is precisely why your opinion is worthless.

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

And such a completely, phenomenally naive argument is precisely why your opinion is worthless.

[/quote]

And frankly my dear I don''t give a damn!

Yes, look at ''Scum'' with rising debts, but to their "Investor" now and not the Banks, more than double our debt and rising, as Keane embarks on a spending spree thanks to a deep pocket - but for how long and at what price. Ultimately that debt will have to be repaid. No thanks! Football has to get back to living within its means, and whilst none of us likes what has happened to us, we are actually seeing more sense in our transfer deals, and bringing forward young players from the youth setup. Better foundations for the future. We are where we are - now I for one am ready to support my Team as the new season looms, 100% , no strings etc. Come on you yellows!

[/quote]

So how do we ''force'' administration then? How do we ''force'' our club to be skint? Not go? Not an option.

"Despite veiled promises of selling up" - nobody wants to buy us at the moment! Cullum''s offer by all accounts was ridiculous so of course they won''t sell at a farcical price. If you had a car that was valued at £20k and you were actively trying to sell it and someone offers you £1k, you wouldn''t accept it just because you wanted rid of it would you?

Even if S & J sell the club, the likelihood is that they''ll still retain enough shares to keep their seat on the board so they''ll be there for as long as they want to be there.

Just as a historical point, seeing as you want them to bugger off. We were apparently 20 mins from going bust before S & J bought us. Gratitude indeed!

[quote user="Jack Flash"]Yes, look at ''Scum'' with rising debts, but to their "Investor" now and not the Banks, more than double our debt and rising, as Keane embarks on a spending spree thanks to a deep pocket - but for how long and at what price. Ultimately that debt will have to be repaid. No thanks! Football has to get back to living within its means, and whilst none of us likes what has happened to us, we are actually seeing more sense in our transfer deals, and bringing forward young players from the youth setup. Better foundations for the future. We are where we are - now I for one am ready to support my Team as the new season looms, 100% , no strings etc. Come on you yellows![/quote]

Then embrace failure.

[quote user="Big Dog "]

Not comparing apples with apples; I''m comparing a deluded old trout with reality.

Old. Trout. Out.

[/quote]What a brilliant, well-balanced argument. I think you also need to compare yourself to "reality" (whatever that means, anyway).

[/quote]

By once great I assume you mean our 3 seasons at the business end of the top flight. 

And Wiz, you were praising the new signings a couple of weeks ago and people were commenting on your incongruous optimism for the new season ahead. Are these signings now tosh or are you now admitting to having changed your mind?

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

By once great I assume you mean our 3 seasons at the business end of the top flight. 

[/quote]

And  Division 1..........when it meant something!

[quote user="canaryjock"]And Wiz, you were praising the new signings a couple of weeks ago and people were commenting on your incongruous optimism for the new season ahead. Are these signings now tosh or are you now admitting to having changed your mind?[/quote]

Of course he has changed his mind.....that`s how he works!

Wiz, go praise the merits of administration on a Luton or Darlington forum and see what reaction you get. They know better than most that administration is not a path to a prosperous future. You can choose to ignore their plight if you wish but ask yourself this: would you really want to see the club you love in the same position? Thought not.

[quote user="canaryjock"]And Wiz, you were praising the new signings a couple of weeks ago and people were commenting on your incongruous optimism for the new season ahead. Are these signings now tosh or are you now admitting to having changed your mind?[/quote]

Did I praise them Jock? in general, I thought I was pretty non committal on them............ho hum.

Now in my 50th year watching my Team, I admit my support is in part unconditional, and I have embraced success and failure, probably in equal proportions. But at this point I do not anticipate failure this year. My interpretation of the pre-season deals is fairly optimistic. We''ll have to wait and see who is right, won''t we. 

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"] You can choose to ignore their plight if you wish but ask yourself this: would you really want to see the club you love in the same position? Thought not.
[/quote]

If the prize is the removal of Smith Lord........then yes.

Did I praise them Jock? in general, I thought I was pretty non committal on them............ho hum.

[/quote]

I can''t be arsed looking back for proof but I recall one thread (that I think you started) where you made a comment along the lines of "I know I shouldn''t say this but I''m looking forward to the new season now so well done Gunny on getting these guys in". I remember it for being unusual for you to start such a thread.

Perhaps I''m mistaken though...

[quote user="canaryjock"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

I can''t be arsed looking back for proof but I recall one thread (that I think you started) where you made a comment along the lines of "I know I shouldn''t say this but I''m looking forward to the new season now so well done Gunny on getting these guys in". I remember it for being unusual for you to start such a thread.

Perhaps I''m mistaken though...

[/quote]

Hmm? I don''t recall that one Jock, but if I did, no doubt someone will find it.[;)]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"] You can choose to ignore their plight if you wish but ask yourself this: would you really want to see the club you love in the same position? Thought not.[/quote]

[/quote]So Smith goes and there''s nobody to plug the gap, just as nobody has done it at Bournemouth, Luton, Rotherham or Darlington. What then?  Will you still be happy with administration? Your hatred for Delia Smith has clearly clouded your reason. [:S]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"] You can choose to ignore their plight if you wish but ask yourself this: would you really want to see the club you love in the same position? Thought not.
[/quote]

[/quote]

So Smith goes and there''s nobody to plug the gap, just as nobody has done it at Bournemouth, Luton, Rotherham or Darlington. What then?  Will you still be happy with administration? Your hatred for Delia Smith has clearly clouded your reason. [:S]
[/quote]

There''s ALWAYS someone.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"] You can choose to ignore their plight if you wish but ask yourself this: would you really want to see the club you love in the same position? Thought not.[/quote]

[/quote]So Smith goes and there''s nobody to plug the gap, just as nobody has done it at Bournemouth, Luton, Rotherham or Darlington. What then?  Will you still be happy with administration? Your hatred for Delia Smith has clearly clouded your reason. [:S][/quote]

There''s ALWAYS someone.

[/quote]You don''t really think that do you? Darlington? Rotherham? Luton? The other countless clubs who are being threatened by the demands of the taxman? I see no heroes helping these cash strapped clubs out, Wiz. [:S]

.As far as I can tell the pro-administration argument comes down to this. It''s the only way to get rid of Smith and Jones.Conveniently

ignoring the fact that they have very publicly put the club up for

sale, and leaving aside those examples where administration hasn''t

actually got rid of a hated owner, let''s suppose that this is true.You

are then in the hands of Mark Fry. Hoorah! Who wasted weeks on Pinnacle

and as a result had to conclude a deal in great haste with Markus

Liebherr. Hands up all those who had heard of Markus Liebherr before

this week? I hadn''t, and it used to be my business to know of people

like him.He is having to be taken on trust because of the time

factor. There is absolutely no guarantee he will be a good owner. He

might be a Randy Lerner, but he might just as easily be a Mike Ashley.

And that is the lesson for the two people left on this message board

who are still advocating administration.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"].

As far as I can tell the pro-administration argument comes down to this. It''s the only way to get rid of Smith and Jones.

Conveniently ignoring the fact that they have very publicly put the club up for sale, and leaving aside those examples where administration hasn''t actually got rid of a hated owner, let''s suppose that this is true.

You are then in the hands of Mark Fry. Hoorah! Who wasted weeks on Pinnacle and as a result had to conclude a deal in great haste with Markus Liebherr. Hands up all those who had heard of Markus Liebherr before this week? I hadn''t, and it used to be my business to know of people like him.

He is having to be taken on trust because of the time factor. There is absolutely no guarantee he will be a good owner. He might be a Randy Lerner, but he might just as easily be a Mike Ashley. And that is the lesson for the two people left on this message board who are still advocating administration.
[/quote]

Still clinging to that old myth I see Purple, you really have to wake up, even Delia came clean a few days ago!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"].As far as I can tell the pro-administration argument comes down to this. It''s the only way to get rid of Smith and Jones.Conveniently ignoring the fact that they have very publicly put the club up for sale, and leaving aside those examples where administration hasn''t actually got rid of a hated owner, let''s suppose that this is true.You are then in the hands of Mark Fry. Hoorah! Who wasted weeks on Pinnacle and as a result had to conclude a deal in great haste with Markus Liebherr. Hands up all those who had heard of Markus Liebherr before this week? I hadn''t, and it used to be my business to know of people like him.He is having to be taken on trust because of the time factor. There is absolutely no guarantee he will be a good owner. He might be a Randy Lerner, but he might just as easily be a Mike Ashley. And that is the lesson for the two people left on this message board who are still advocating administration.[/quote]

Still clinging to that old myth I see Purple, you really have to wake up, even Delia came clean a few days ago!

[/quote]So the best thing for the club to do is to start spending beyond their means in order to ensure that they cannot pay debts and hopefully attract the attention of a billionaire. Obvious really. [:P]