Sign in to follow this  

Stephen Hughes is a RIGHT MIDFIELDER

Why is everyone over-reacting to this news and assuming that Hughes arriving could signal Clingan going?Absolutely typical of this messageboard...

your reaction is typical of this mb actually! He can play central as well as right i think you''ll find. But yes... he does play right midfield.

[quote user="The Chirp"]your reaction is typical of this mb actually!

He can play central as well as right i think you''ll find.

But yes... he does play right midfield.
[/quote]

He may well play on the flank, but he isn''t fast enough.

For the thousandth time I''ll say it again - in fact I''ll shout it out: WE HAVE NO F*CKING PACE IN THE SQUAD!!

[quote user="Shyster"]

[/quote]

For the thousandth time I''ll say it again - in fact I''ll shout it out: WE HAVE NO F*CKING PACE IN THE SQUAD!!

[/quote]

To say we dont have any is wrong. Dont have much yes, but dont have any? No...... We have Cody McDonald with pace.  Jon Otsemober has pace.

Did we have pace in the promotion team? I can only really think of Huckerby and Rivers.

We could do with a pacey winger, to counter attack with McDonald...... but other than that, I cant see where we need any. We need one pacey left winger or right winger.

I would sooner see a target man up front, and in terms of pace...... Alan Lee is pretty quick for a big man......

Yes we had pace in the promotion team.

Huckery tore teams to pieces.  We had Edworthy who could really steam up the right flank, we had MacKenzie, Gary Holt who could run all day,  Francis who could move quick and was powerful into the box,  crikey even Fleming could move at a decent burst of pace in those days.Compared to that we have no pace!

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="Shyster"]

[quote user="The Chirp"]your reaction is typical of this mb actually! He can play central as well as right i think you''ll find. But yes... he does play right midfield. [/quote]

[/quote]

To say we dont have any is wrong. Dont have much yes, but dont have any? No...... We have Cody McDonald with pace.  Jon Otsemober has pace.

Did we have pace in the promotion team? I can only really think of Huckerby and Rivers.

We could do with a pacey winger, to counter attack with McDonald...... but other than that, I cant see where we need any. We need one pacey left winger or right winger.

I would sooner see a target man up front, and in terms of pace...... Alan Lee is pretty quick for a big man......

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

McKenzie and Francis were by no means slow, nor was McVeigh or Henderson.

I think although you are right that we didn''t have loads of pace, we did have sufficient pace to launch an effective counter attack, I''m not sure we do now.

Pace however is of course useless if you don''t have good passers who can keep the move flowing. This is what I think we lack more than anything and why we have to keep hold of Hoolahan.

Hughes is definitely a centre midfielder, he''s not much cop there but he''s even worse on the right.

When Leicester had him he was useless, lazy and if you don''t get him, its a lucky escape.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="Shyster"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

McKenzie and Francis were by no means slow, nor was McVeigh or Henderson.

I think although you are right that we didn''t have loads of pace, we did have sufficient pace to launch an effective counter attack, I''m not sure we do now.

Pace however is of course useless if you don''t have good passers who can keep the move flowing. This is what I think we lack more than anything and why we have to keep hold of Hoolahan.

[/quote]

I dont think that McVeigh was any quicker than Hoolohan to be honest, McDonald is quicker than McKenzie, we have no idea yet whether Gill or Tudor-Jones have any pace. I have been told that Gill is a nippy little player. Henderson was just purely awful, so he was like playing with 10 men anyway!

The bloke above just mentioned ''Gary Holt'' and ''Mark Edworthy'' in the same line as the word Pace..... so I just cannot be bothered to reply to that. If Gary Holt had pace then I have 12 inches......... both of them had stamina and energy I will give you that........ but using Edworthy as an example of pace, when we have Otsemober..... is a poor argument.

That does kind of bring the argument....... how important is pace if it means playing people like Henderson and Otsemober? Otsemober at right back, Henderson at right wing..... not many players as quick, but both completely clueless. I would much rather see something like Nedergaard and Bell...... neither of those had pace.

I do agree that a couple of very quick attacking players can offer us a different dimension for games that we arent winning on the floor and in the air...... but the same applies if we had a team full of Huckerbys and Bellamys....... sometimes you just need to whack it up to the big strong oaths.

[quote user="WACCOLO"]Hughes is definitely a centre midfielder, he''s not much cop there but he''s even worse on the right. When Leicester had him he was useless, lazy and if you don''t get him, its a lucky escape.[/quote]

And then the season after you got rid of him you were relegated......

[quote user="Shyster"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

he is actually pretty quick.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="WACCOLO"]Hughes is definitely a centre midfielder, he''s not much cop there but he''s even worse on the right. When Leicester had him he was useless, lazy and if you don''t get him, its a lucky escape.[/quote]

[/quote]

So we got relegated because we got rid of that useless so called footballer? A mad chairman, several terrible signings and about 30 managers contributed to that.

[quote user="ref89"]Yes we had pace in the promotion team.

Huckery tore teams to pieces.  We had Edworthy who could really steam up the right flank, we had MacKenzie, Gary Holt who could run all day,  Francis who could move quick and was powerful into the box,  crikey even Fleming could move at a decent burst of pace in those days.Compared to that we have no pace!

[quote user="The Chirp"]your reaction is typical of this mb actually! He can play central as well as right i think you''ll find. But yes... he does play right midfield. [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

McKenzie was signed after we got relegated, and so wasn''t in the promotion squad...

DOH!

Sorry - that is totally wrong! Delete! Delete!

I''d put it down to not having had my lunch yet....

I''ll be quiet now!

[quote user="ob1"][quote user="ref89"]Yes we had pace in the promotion team.

Huckery tore teams to pieces.  We had Edworthy who could really steam up the right flank, we had MacKenzie, Gary Holt who could run all day,  Francis who could move quick and was powerful into the box,  crikey even Fleming could move at a decent burst of pace in those days.

Compared to that we have no pace!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote] McKenzie was signed after we got relegated, and so wasn''t in the promotion squad...[/quote]

er....wrong....he signed the week before we went top of the league at portman road with him scoring a double on his debut.

[quote user="WACCOLO"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[/quote] So we got relegated because we got rid of that useless so called footballer? A mad chairman, several terrible signings and about 30 managers contributed to that.[/quote]

Not to mention retarded fans and a sh*t city.