Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Stephen Hughes offered 7k a week!

Yes i know there is already a thread on Stephen Hughes, and people are arguing about were he''s plays, so wasn''t going to post this on there. Anyway was just a little surprised to see this story about Stephen Hughes stalling on our offer of £7,000 A WEEK! That is a big offer for a League 1 player is it not??

Stephen Hughes snubs Norwich as Hearts, Dons & Well hold out for midfielder

Jul 9 2009

MOTHERWELL midfielder Stephen Hughes is stalling on an offer to join Norwich City.

The Carrow Road outfit, relegated to League One last season, offered a thee-year deal believed to be worth in the region of £7000 a week. But after talks with Norwich boss Bryan Gunn Hughes declined to sign.

His agent Tom Callaghan said:"Stephen just wants a little more time to think it over.

"I wouldn''t say it is totally dead in the water but we know there could be interest from Championship clubs. Obviously there will be movement at other sides with players leaving.

"That could open the door but Stephen won''t be rushed."

Hearts are also interested but can''t match the Norwich terms while Well are still hoping Hughes will remain at Fir Park.

He''s going Donny, who are using the money they got for Wellens. He will cost them 350k, he will be on a similar wage to the 7k offered here and playing at a higher level (even if he''s not capable of playing in the champ).

Ermmmm no JuanVelasco. I didn''t, otherwise i wouldn''t of started the thread! Dumb arse! So FFS back to you! Why is it, people like you seem to think you own this message board?? Anybody makes a mistake and posts something on here, that has already been posted, and YOU are having a go at them? FFS chill out! And for the record i noticed myself about this already been posted and didn''t need you to tell me!

[quote user="WACCOLO"]He''s going Donny, who are using the money they got for Wellens. He will cost them 350k, he will be on a similar wage to the 7k offered here and playing at a higher level (even if he''s not capable of playing in the champ).[/quote]

The reportrs say he is out of contract so I wouldn''t have thought there will be a fee involved.

Not sure about my thoughts on this, if he''s been offered that much money it makes you wonder how much some other players are on. I thought the average for a League 1 player was around £2,000 a week? Surely we are running a bit of a risk offering contracts worth £1,000,000+ to SPL players after the experiences we have had with them before?

[quote user="eagle"]

[quote user="WACCOLO"]He''s going Donny, who are using the money they got for Wellens. He will cost them 350k, he will be on a similar wage to the 7k offered here and playing at a higher level (even if he''s not capable of playing in the champ).[/quote]

The reportrs say he is out of contract so I wouldn''t have thought there will be a fee involved.

Not sure about my thoughts on this, if he''s been offered that much money it makes you wonder how much some other players are on. I thought the average for a League 1 player was around £2,000 a week? Surely we are running a bit of a risk offering contracts worth £1,000,000+ to SPL players after the experiences we have had with them before?

[/quote]

Ah, don''t know where i got 350k from then lol, they definitely are in talks to sign him though.

And it is a massive risk, especially for someone who was a massive failure in his last stint in England.