Sign in to follow this  
ncfclad

Gunn on Lee and other targets?

"It creates a little bit of confusion for supporters, it might send out sometimes the wrong signals as well, but I can assure the fans that there is a lot of hard work going on behind the scenes in the efforts to freshen the squad up and bring players in that hopefully will give us the best chance of being as competitive as possible in the league."

Mr Gunn is obviously aware that any "wrong signal" will be jumped on, exaggerated, turned around and flung back in the Clubs face by some supporters.

I guess this means that we can expect no new striker this week then [:@]

Whatever happens with Lee, I just hope it doesn''t turn into another Iverseon farce of last summer, where Roeder clearly put all his eggs in one basket and had no plan B, resulting in the disgraceful position of having to play Russell up front from August-December.

If Lee isn''t coming - move on.

Worrying times indeed if Gunn is still chasing that old donkey Lee who just wants a nice short drive home from work each night . Who will score the goals next season ? Cureton is the best we have at the moment with Cody and Martin having a lot to prove , does anybody really believe a front 2 of Cureton/Cody with Lee will win us promotion, not a hope in hell .Get the cheque book out and sign 2 good strikers or the season is over again before it even kicks off.

Sorry Loan, did you say cheque book?

As for Gunn worried how some supporters will take his latest transfer comments. Why should he be surprised? We''ve been served up this story for years and we are still waiting for the club to invest in a decent striker at the beginning of a season since before the Premiership promotion.

Actually I''d settle for a half decent striker. I am that desperate.

[quote user="Crox"]lee is not that great[/quote]yeah, but we''re in league 1 now, can you think of a better alternative?

It doesn''t look good on Lee. Palace still owe Ipshit 400k for Lee and unless we offer that, we have no chance. Warnock said our offer was way short of the value they put on Lee and the wages offered by us, are far less than he''s hetting now. Barnsley have now entered the race too.

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=26925&headline=Exclusive:

How can we have offered Lee any wages when we haven''t reached agreement with Palarse on a fee?

Warnock talking out of his derriere again!