Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

Michael Ricketts and Wade Small in talks.....

This could be complete rubbish, but the person who told me this definetely has links at the club, he is the dedicated liaison for one of the clubs sponsers (Not Aviva).....

He is insistant that we are talking to Michael Ricketts about a one year deal, and that Wade Small has until the end of next week to accept a deal and that we have matched offers from Leeds, Crystal Palace and Blackpool. He also said that if both players sign (both free), we can expect a big signing for anything up to £1m.

I am not one to post anything without some sort of link, and have never really been told stuff by this bloke before. It could be complete rubbish or it could be true, but I happen to trust him and I know for a fact that he has regular telephone contact with an employee at the club. Personally I think that signing Ricketts would be an Owen-esque risk...... but if it means signing another top classer striker or attacking midfielder, then im all go for that.

Please dont shoot me if this turns out to be complete gash, I am always reluctant to share gossip, as I have seen at first hand what it can do for reputations on here.

As it happens I will be very dissapointment if my so called ''source'' turns out to be full of crap.

I posted about Adrian Leger having trials - i got a taxi from the train station and the cabby had just dropped him off at colney. Straight away i was told i was lying by posters............ How happy i was when he was unveiled (wasnt too happy he only played about 5 games for us!).

Michael Ricketts would be a terrible signing. If we signed him then I would not go and watch Norwich again, such is my strength of feeling in this matter!

Ok, maybe that was a bit extreme, I would certainly not be happy though unless it was followed up by a really ambitious signing

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Michael Ricketts would be a terrible signing. If we signed him then I would not go and watch Norwich again, such is my strength of feeling in this matter![/quote]Why don''t you over-react a bit more?

Yeah fair enough, having really bad, stressful day at work, took it out on keyboard!

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="Salahuddin"]Michael Ricketts would be a terrible signing. If we signed him then I would not go and watch Norwich again, such is my strength of feeling in this matter![/quote]Why don''t you over-react a bit more?[/quote]be fair, he is *

[quote user="missing in action"][quote user="Mook"][quote user="Salahuddin"]Michael Ricketts would be a terrible signing. If we signed him then I would not go and watch Norwich again, such is my strength of feeling in this matter![/quote]

Why don''t you over-react a bit more?
[/quote]

be fair, he is *
[/quote]

He is 6 foot 3 though....... we do need a big lad up there sometimes...... did ok in league one last year.....

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="missing in action"][quote user="Mook"][quote user="Salahuddin"]Michael Ricketts would be a terrible signing. If we signed him then I would not go and watch Norwich again, such is my strength of feeling in this matter![/quote]Why don''t you over-react a bit more?[/quote]be fair, he is *[/quote]

He is 6 foot 3 though....... we do need a big lad up there sometimes...... did ok in league one last year.....

[/quote]height means bugger all if they are crap.and he is.wade small wouldnt be so bad, but ricketts is a free agent for a reason.

Hope your source is right JV!

Two reasonable signings follwed by a £1m job!

I can handle that...............................I think!

OTBC!!!

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="missing in action"][quote user="Mook"][quote user="Salahuddin"]Michael Ricketts would be a terrible signing. If we signed him then I would not go and watch Norwich again, such is my strength of feeling in this matter![/quote]Why don''t you over-react a bit more?[/quote]be fair, he is *[/quote]

[/quote]I am 6 foot 2 can i sign please? I''ll play for peanuts and i''m local as well.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="missing in action"][quote user="Mook"][quote user="Salahuddin"]Michael Ricketts would be a terrible signing. If we signed him then I would not go and watch Norwich again, such is my strength of feeling in this matter![/quote]

Why don''t you over-react a bit more?
[/quote]

be fair, he is *
[/quote]

[/quote]

I am 6 foot 2 can i sign please? I''ll play for peanuts and i''m local as well.
[/quote]

No you must be 6 foot 3, thats the benchmark, sorry mate....

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[/quote]I am 6 foot 2 can i sign please? I''ll play for peanuts and i''m local as well. [/quote]but are you shit?

I''ve been told that we will not be signing Wade Small as he failed a medical some time ago?

Wade Small would be a good signing on a free transfer, experienced at a higher level and we need a right winger. The fact that he is free is even better

Not sure about Ricketts, Cort was big but didn''t seem to be able to win much in the air and Sibierski was big but always looked like he was playing in roller skates. A one year deal is minimal risk I guess and like with Small, if he is free then it could be a risk worth taking. 

Ricketts is not worth any deal as far as I am concerned, not good enough for Walsall to keep, not good enough for us. I would rather see Dave Striker back here!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Ricketts is not worth any deal as far as I am concerned, not good enough for Walsall to keep, not good enough for us. I would rather see Dave Striker back here![/quote]

Exactly Salahuddin.[Y]

[quote user="Jen_Jen"]Its Appears We Have An Interest / Liking For Collecting Michaels At The Moment. Why Not Get Michael Ballack In? [:P][/quote]Or Jackson...

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

This could be complete rubbish,

[/quote]

Yeah, as usual it is!

[/quote]Ha,ha and that coming from you.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

This could be complete rubbish,

[/quote]

Yeah, as usual it is!

[/quote]Pot,kettle.[/quote]we cant afford either