Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

At the moment

we have signed two extra central midfielders, and reinstated Lappin, and we have apparently made an offer to Hughes who can also play in the centre even if his normal position is wide right. (Are we also talking to Wade, and considering Scot Nelson, who are both wide right players?We have lost Fozzy, so we have at least one extra in the midfield, and we have Spillane and Harbargham who can both play there, and perhaps other youngsters.This must surely mean that at least one central midfielder will go and perhaps another when we have a replacement. Looks like we shall sell Clingan, - no surprise, and be willing to "sell" Pattison - given that he is out of favour, and cost only £400k, we would do well to get £150k. Perhaps we are delaying the sale of Clingan until we find a replacement.

This theory keeps popping up everywhere. It''s not necessarily the truth though is it? Because Man Utd have signed Owen it doesn''t mean Rooney''s off does it?

Hughes is stalling on the 3 year contract offer made to him as he wants to see what interest might arise from Championship clubs. I''d tell him and his agent to fack off as clearly he''s not really interested in playing for us. It''s, of course, his right to wait and see but we don''t need players for whom this club is a ''well, they''ll do'' option.

[quote user="crafty canary"]Hughes is stalling on the 3 year contract offer made to him as he wants to see what interest might arise from Championship clubs. I''d tell him and his agent to fack off as clearly he''s not really interested in playing for us. It''s, of course, his right to wait and see but we don''t need players for whom this club is a ''well, they''ll do'' option.[/quote]

I can understand a player wishing to get the best deal for himself but equally, after last season''s wasters, do we really want to bring in players whose attitude to Norwich is "I''ll only sign for them if nothing better comes along" ?

I really don''t want Hughes here. Why would we want to sign someone who will only come here if nothing better comes up. That''s quite insulting and how motivated is he gonna be to play for a club that he wasn''t too interested in.

Dlo you have any proof that they signed Owen just because they lost Tevez ? I haven''t seen that as a paper headline aywhere.

I''d say it''s more the fact they lost their top scorer from the last 3 seasons than someone who managed 5 league goals last season.

[quote user="Bob Stroud"]

[quote user="crafty canary"]Hughes is stalling on the 3 year contract offer made to him as he wants to see what interest might arise from Championship clubs. I''d tell him and his agent to fack off as clearly he''s not really interested in playing for us. It''s, of course, his right to wait and see but we don''t need players for whom this club is a ''well, they''ll do'' option.[/quote]

I can understand a player wishing to get the best deal for himself but equally, after last season''s wasters, do we really want to bring in players whose attitude to Norwich is "I''ll only sign for them if nothing better comes along" ?

[/quote]Didn''t Doc do that before he re-signed? 

Spot on. Withdraw the offer, Gunny, we don''t want him!