Sign in to follow this  
Shyster

Does she really want to make amends?

The housewives favourite is a very wealthy lady who is getting on in years and has no offspring to leave her riches.Delia’s books have sold 19m copies and according to Waterstone’s, preorders of her latest ''How to Cheat at Cooking'' were the largest in any category since Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, ffs! It was already No 2 on the Amazon bestseller list before it had been published and predictably hit the top spot on its first day!Come on Delia! Let''s be ''avin the dosh!!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

If she wanted to make amends, she''d sell the club

[/quote]Who to?

[quote user="Shyster"]The housewives favourite is a very wealthy lady who is getting on in years and has no offspring to leave her riches.

Delia’s books have sold 19m copies and according to Waterstone’s, preorders of her latest ''How to Cheat at Cooking'' were the largest in any category since Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, ffs! It was already No 2 on the Amazon bestseller list before it had been published and predictably hit the top spot on its first day!

Come on Delia! Let''s be ''avin the dosh!![/quote]

She has brought a whole new meanung to the expression..... Fortress Carrow Road.

It used to mean visiting clubs found it hard to beat us here.... now it simply means Smith is dug in for the long term and no-one can penetrate her stronghold.

How times change....

[quote user="St. Cluck"]

[quote user="Shyster"]The housewives favourite is a very wealthy lady who is getting on in years and has no offspring to leave her riches.

Delia’s books have sold 19m copies and according to Waterstone’s, preorders of her latest ''How to Cheat at Cooking'' were the largest in any category since Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, ffs! It was already No 2 on the Amazon bestseller list before it had been published and predictably hit the top spot on its first day!

She has brought a whole new meanung to the expression..... Fortress Carrow Road.

It used to mean visiting clubs found it hard to beat us here.... now it simply means Smith is dug in for the long term and no-one can penetrate her stronghold.

How times change....

[/quote]

Yes sirree! She does fairly well for such an incompetent person, doesn''t she?

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

If she wanted to make amends, she''d sell the club

[/quote]

Who to?
[/quote]

Mello Yello benevolent fund....

[quote user="PhatCanary"]Maybe a Swiss guy with £2.5 billion,just a thought.[/quote]

You mean the Grandfather of the mysterious Marcus who has just bought Southampton?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

How times change....

[/quote]

[/quote]

But being part of a group of business people running a football club....she doesn''t seem to be doing so well.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

How times change....

[/quote]

[/quote]

But being part of a group of business people running a football club....she doesn''t seem to be doing so well.

[/quote]

and.... if becoming cut adrift in the Third Division during her tenure indicates any competence on her part ....then surely your thinking is very badly skewed.....

shes a cook and even cheats at that .

so as far as running a football club is concerned i feel she is out of her depth .

worst season in fifty years and not wanting to budge should tell you that .

ready made meals , and a ready made football team resulting in complete failure .

she was on anglia tv not that long ago saying if i sell alot of books it could buy us a striker ...

more hot air from the queen of cheating ..

[quote user="Shyster"]The housewives favourite is a very wealthy lady who is getting on in years and has no offspring to leave her riches.Delia’s books have sold 19m copies and according to Waterstone’s, preorders of her latest ''How to Cheat at Cooking'' were the largest in any category since Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, ffs! It was already No 2 on the Amazon bestseller list before it had been published and predictably hit the top spot on its first day!Come on Delia! Let''s be ''avin the dosh!![/quote]Yawn yawn, not another opportunity for the Delia basher''s to get their fingers tapping... when''s this message ''bored'' gonna be informative, intelligent and at least a little interesting ?Anyway I do believe she gave 2 mil to the club when the TV series ended and while the books were on sale... I don''t mind the justifiable critisism of her but those that want her to leave the club and still moan to put more money into it is ridiculous.

she quoted this about two weeks ago .

she also made herself look somewhat silly at the royal norfolk show last year regarding investment .

and came out hammered and was a laughing stock of the nation with her little rant at a premeirship game ..

hardly professional i feel .

i feel the fans have valid reason to feel hard done by to be honest .

the club has freefalled into debt and freefalled in the leauge .

she wont budge and is asking silly money for this club .

the sooner she goes the sooner this club can move forward .

how anyone can defend her is beyond me as i imagine she is not as hard up as she is making out .

we have never been so bad off or poorly run since almost the second world war that says enough for me to tell me she just is not cut out to run a football club.

I''m fed up of explaining the concept of her new book and how it shows what an astute business women she is in the world of cooking.

Shame that can''t be said for her football team...

yes she can cook and i have no argument regarding that side of it .

i should imagine she has people working for her regarding promoting her books advertising etc etc .

would you stick a bank manager in a formula one car and exspect him to win the championship ?

i cant ever imagine many club owners acting the way she has in the past .

take my hat off to her for selling so many books i really do but running a football club im sorry she just do it or has the mentallity to know how to do it .

if you ran a company and year after year is was further into debt then you should know your time is up and time to go .

maybe we should take a leaf out of the supporters of newcastle they wont put up with it .

[quote user="Next door to Boyer"][quote user="Shyster"]The housewives favourite is a very wealthy lady who is getting on in years and has no offspring to leave her riches.

Yawn yawn, not another opportunity for the Delia basher''s to get their fingers tapping... when''s this message ''bored'' gonna be informative, intelligent and at least a little interesting ?

Anyway I do believe she gave 2 mil to the club when the TV series ended and while the books were on sale... I don''t mind the justifiable critisism of her but those that want her to leave the club and still moan to put more money into it is ridiculous.

[/quote]

Gave?.....

[quote user="Next door to Boyer"][quote user="Shyster"]The housewives favourite is a very wealthy lady who is getting on in years and has no offspring to leave her riches.Delia’s books have sold 19m copies and according to Waterstone’s, preorders of her latest ''How to Cheat at Cooking'' were the largest in any category since Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, ffs! It was already No 2 on the Amazon bestseller list before it had been published and predictably hit the top spot on its first day!Come on Delia! Let''s be ''avin the dosh!![/quote]Yawn yawn, not another opportunity for the Delia basher''s to get their fingers tapping... when''s this message ''bored'' gonna be informative, intelligent and at least a little interesting ?Anyway I do believe she gave 2 mil to the club when the TV series ended and while the books were on sale... I don''t mind the justifiable critisism of her but those that want her to leave the club and still moan to put more money into it is ridiculous.[/quote]

Well, excuse me for f*cking breathing by the way! Until this afternoon I didn''t realise that Delia''s books preorders were the largest since Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and neither did I realise it was already No 2 on the Amazon bestseller list before it had been published and predictably hit the top spot on its first day - before I researched the subject earlier today the latter was fresh news to me and I''m certain it was fresh news to many others on this message board, therefore I reckon it''s safe to assume that my initial post was fairly informative - as to the question of whether this information is ''intelligent'' or ''interesting'' enough to debate or not? I''d say the number of replies within this thread answers that.

I think Delia''s contribution of a few million to the club she says she loves is minimal when compared to the size of her wealth and the fact that she will recoup most of the monies when she finally sells.They''re both in their Winter years, so how many millions do Delia & Michael need to live out the rest of their lives in relative luxury? Seriously, are they to take all that lovely dough to their graves?

Come on, Delia! Your beloved club needs the money more than the Catholic church.

Oh, and when you manage to produce an informative, intelligent and interesting post I will be sure to point it out, considering it will be a milestone where your contribution to this site is concerned. [:P]

In her defence she did say that she was going to do another book and series to raise money for the club if I am not mistaken?