Sign in to follow this  
Stowmarket Canary (not Delia)

Same every year!!!

Now unless Gunn and co have something up their sleeves, it looks like we could be going into yet another season without a recognised targetman. Summer after summer, we are linked with a number of players who would fit the bill, only to see them stay at their current club or worse join someone else. We have always looked better with a tgm, the lack of which was so painfully obvious last year, so please please, lets stop faffing around gather every penny we have and purchase one this summer, lets not go into another seaon without one, needing to beg borrow or steal one in the loan market!

4 weeks to go and still no evidence of a star player for those who didn''t claim the rebate.

perhaps there will be the opportunity for these "true" supporters to buy shares in Woolworths? or the opportunity to club together and buy London Bridge? or a pyramid scheme? or...the possibilities are endless.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]4 weeks to go and still no evidence of a star player for those who didn''t claim the rebate.

perhaps there will be the opportunity for these "true" supporters to buy shares in Woolworths? or the opportunity to club together and buy London Bridge? or a pyramid scheme? or...the possibilities are endless.[/quote]

[:D] You makes I larf.

Its worrying but lets wait and see. Come first game of the season if we have not added to what we have then there should of course be a riot....[:P]

[quote user="ACE"]Its worrying but lets wait and see. Come first game of the season if we have not added to what we have then there should of course be a riot....[:P]
[/quote]

We have some promising youngsters and we will go with what we have got[:O]

I agree totally,despite all the much heralded signings this summer I get the feeling that the success of the coming season hangs on wether or not we sign Alan Lee.If you can recall back to the late eighties,I was convinced Norwich would have won the Championship if we had had Tony Cascarino at centre foward rather than Robert Rosario !.

[quote user="Croydon Canary"]I agree totally,despite all the much heralded signings this summer I get the feeling that the success of the coming season hangs on wether or not we sign Alan Lee.If you can recall back to the late eighties,I was convinced Norwich would have won the Championship if we had had Tony Cascarino at centre foward rather than Robert Rosario !.[/quote]

NOOOOOOOOOO, i managed to watch Norwich''s last home game against reading and he did absolutely nothing for the whole game. Well thats a lie he managed to put in a decent cross which is fantastic for a target man!!!

[quote user="scrimmage"]FFS there''s still a month till the start of the season. Give the man some time![/quote]scrimmage, people kept saying that last summer and the one before. You do not get out of league 1 unless you have a striker(or 2) who can bang in 20+ goals.

It''ll be ok,Mcveigh is expected to play a part against Fakenham before being unveiled as our new striker early next week. We''ll start with him and Russell up front against Col Who with Gunnys comments about working hard to bring a new striker in still ringing in our ears. Couldn''t make it up.....could you?