Sign in to follow this  
The Fish Seller

Neil Doncaster "Do you feel you failed at Norwich City then"?

Upon taking up his new appointment as Chief Executive of SPL Doomy gave the BBC an interview outside Hampden Park. During this interview Doomy was asked about his time with Norwich, the question asked was "Do you feel you failed at Norwich City then"  and Doomy responded how? a) We had eleven years of really tremendous success?b) We had eleven years of the sort of ups and downs you expect in football, playoffs, promotion and relegation I experienced eveything football has to give and then some with the relegation to the 1st division so soon after the first relegation?c) We had some exciting times none more so than our year of promotion to the Premiership but ultimately the Premiership is a League for clubs with big money backers so we had to use the experience and increased expenditure primarily to safeguard the future of the club?d) We consolidated our Championship status for several years before finally breaking in to the top tier at which point we had to make the conscious decision not to blow several years of hard work and expenditure on what was likely to be a short lived excursion to the Premiership.e) It wasn''t me it was Delia.For those incorrigible cheats the interview is here. LINK

God help Scottish football, that''s all i have to say.

I''m looking forward to his genius negotiating skills completing such deals as the SPL paying Sky to take the rights to the big matches and enabling Celtic and Rangers to split off and play in England.

[quote user="A change gonna come..."]11 years of ''tremendous success'' eh? ...must have been in the Snakepit bar whilst most of that was happening then.
[/quote]

What he really means is that for 11 years we made a profit . . . [:S]