Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

I can see the first bubbles of a boil.....

Most on here have been very patient with this football club of ours, patient with Gunn and Co, and transfer speculation has seem a fair bit of optimism. I myself began to feel optimistic after the signing of Micky Nelson, making it 3 new faces and looking like the start of a complete squad overhaul.

I was delighted with Marshall leaving, glad that we wouldnt have Robert Eagle or Mark Fotheringham anywhere near our squad. I was impressed by the signing of Tudor-Jones and then content with the signings of Gill and Nelson.

But now what? were are the long list of players that want to play for Norwich City? Where are those passion-filled players that desperately want to play for Norwich City?  I am happy enough with the four signings, but where do we really go from here?

Alan Lee clearly didn''t want to play for us enough to lower his contract demands / we cant afford him anyway. He is a journeyman and always will be a journeyman, don''t be fooled by this wanting to play for Norwich City stuff, he has been lazy and passionless at every other club he has played for. Why would we be any different? He hasn''t earnt the divine right to play for City after 7 games and 2 goals in my opinion.

Why hasn''t Gunn come out and denied the rumours of a 7k a week contract for Stephen Hughes? A player that clearly doesn''t want to be here. I would sooner have Simon Lappin in the middle of the park or Luke Daley on the right wing than some player that comes here with us being his second choice.  If Hughes doesn''t want to be here then good, tear up the excessive contract immediately.  Another Mark Fotheringham in the making, clearly.

Alan Lee and Stephen Hughes, just another two over rated and over paid journeymen that would not give a cr*p about this club just like the losers on the pitch at Charlton. Give me a Cambridge City right winger any day of the week.

Why would Stephen Hughes show absolutely no loyalty to his HOMETOWN CLUB!!! who he is leaving on a BOSMAN, and then come here and suddenly be a player with passion and spine? He wouldn''t. He is willing to leave his hometown club for one reason and one reason only, for money. He is looking for 7k a week, he isn''t looking to wear a shirt with pride, if he wanted to do that he would stay at Motherwell.

We are looking at the wrong types of players again. Give me Aussie rejects, lower league players and veterens over these money grabbing journeymen anyday of the week.

Well put JV, We need only players that want to play football for Norwich City. In league 1 passion and determination is key. We seem to be getting a squad of big-ish lads that can still play football (maybe excluding Nelson!).

Still desperately need a couple of big forwards,

well stated Juan, totally agree.......and exactly why the scummers got rid of Lee to Palace in the first place.

I very much agree. What I will say about Lee however is that the kind of passion he displayed at the end of last season and the effort he gave is what we undoubtedly need from the next batch of players that come in. Whether Lee was doing it to earn himself a contract, or to get his name out there after being frozen out at Palace or whatever I don''t know. But at least he worked his socks off and did his level best to be a complete pain in the backside to the defenders he went up against. I believe in reality, every club in the land faces a similar situation in that most players don''t want to play at one specific club for an extended period, meaning if things go well or badly for them they''ll move on accordingly. Loyalty amongst clubs in any league is difficult to find with a couple of exceptions peppered around here and there. I can see Matt Gill being with us for quite a while though as he''s Norfolk born and bred and unless things really go mental for us and we are wiped off the face of the Earth I think he''ll retire here. But even then there will be loads of changes. Football is like a machine. You keep putting new gears in when the others need replacing. Whether the gears will actually do what they are supposed to or not is largely down to the individual gear. It''s the same at every club and depending on what league they are in some players will come with higher reccomendations than others.I believe that despite our position, our training facilities and attractiveness of the Norfolk area does serve us quite well and thus this does give us an advantage in some regard.

[quote user="Superflash"]I very much agree. What I will say about Lee however is that the kind of passion he displayed at the end of last season and the effort he gave is what we undoubtedly need from the next batch of players that come in. Whether Lee was doing it to earn himself a contract, or to get his name out there after being frozen out at Palace or whatever I don''t know. But at least he worked his socks off and did his level best to be a complete pain in the backside to the defenders he went up against.

I believe in reality, every club in the land faces a similar situation in that most players don''t want to play at one specific club for an extended period, meaning if things go well or badly for them they''ll move on accordingly. Loyalty amongst clubs in any league is difficult to find with a couple of exceptions peppered around here and there. I can see Matt Gill being with us for quite a while though as he''s Norfolk born and bred and unless things really go mental for us and we are wiped off the face of the Earth I think he''ll retire here. But even then there will be loads of changes.

Football is like a machine. You keep putting new gears in when the others need replacing. Whether the gears will actually do what they are supposed to or not is largely down to the individual gear. It''s the same at every club and depending on what league they are in some players will come with higher reccomendations than others.

I believe that despite our position, our training facilities and attractiveness of the Norfolk area does serve us quite well and thus this does give us an advantage in some regard.

[/quote]

There is a small part of me that thinks Alan Lee would do a good job for us, I admit that. But not at any cost, there are just other strikers. I would welcome Lee here, at the right price and on the right contract. The fact that he would probably retire here would perhaps mean that he plays for the right reason and not to earn another big money move.

But Stephen Hughes? any player that makes it known that we are just an ''option'' is just another Lee Croft or Mark Fotheringham, as simple as. We need players that want to elevate themselves with the club, not use the club to elevate themselves. I want players that see us as a big club that can return to the championship, not as the second best choice if the championship is not calling.....