Sign in to follow this  
dezmondo18

norwich still a big club??

with all this news of smaller teams outbidding us and players going to them than us does this mean that we really are poor little norwich?

This is truely upsetting me as i cant believe whats happened in 4 years!

still follow follow!

[quote user="dezmondo18"]

with all this news of smaller teams outbidding us and players going to them than us does this mean that we really are poor little norwich?

This is truely upsetting me as i cant believe whats happened in 4 years!

still follow follow!

[/quote]

Four years?

Try going back a little further to see how far we have actually fallen.

i only say 4 years as from when we fell from the dizzy heights of the premier league and money should of been there , im only 20 but have been a season ticket holder for many years , im too young to remember whats happened before

[quote user="dezmondo18"]i only say 4 years as from when we fell from the dizzy heights of the premier league and money should of been there , im only 20 but have been a season ticket holder for many years , im too young to remember whats happened before[/quote]

The dizzy heights?

Go back a bit further and you will find that we were achieving FA Cup semis... League Cup Finals...European football and third place in the Premiership.... plus being noted for our style of play and the footballing skills of our players.

We were never a big club... but we were certainly very very good to watch.

Once upon a time we had all out top players poached by top flight clubs , now our star player is Clingan , signed on a free and now up for sale and not even attracting any interest from the better Championship clubs. As has been said in terms of crowd size we could be Premiership , in terms of playing staff we look mid table League 1 , in terms of the owners we look Sunday league.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Once upon a time we had all out top players poached by top flight clubs , now our star player is Clingan , signed on a free and now up for sale and not even attracting any interest from the better Championship clubs. As has been said in terms of crowd size we could be Premiership , in terms of playing staff we look mid table League 1 , in terms of the owners we look Sunday league.
[/quote]

The bold bit isn''t true

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Once upon a time we had all out top players poached by top flight clubs , now our star player is Clingan , signed on a free and now up for sale and not even attracting any interest from the better Championship clubs. As has been said in terms of crowd size we could be Premiership , in terms of playing staff we look mid table League 1 , in terms of the owners we look Sunday league.[/quote]

The bold bit isn''t true

[/quote] Who''s interested in him now ? its all gone very quiet since Coventry were interested.

i picked up a program this morning

norwich city v f.c internazionale .

we had lost 2 games out of 15 in the premiership sitting 3rd behind manchester united and aston villa.

we had beatern everton 5-1 ... chelsea 2-1 ...leeds 4-0 drew with arsenal and drew with manchester city .

say no more .... thanks delia .

[quote user="singing canary"]i picked up a program this morning norwich city v f.c internazionale . we had lost 2 games out of 15 in the premiership sitting 3rd behind manchester united and aston villa. we had beatern everton 5-1 ... chelsea 2-1 ...leeds 4-0 drew with arsenal and drew with manchester city . say no more .... thanks delia .[/quote]

I''m sorry but whilst Delia has done a lot of misguided things to this club on the past ten years and I am absolutely not a Delia lover, but I think you might find, if you consult your history books a little more closely, that it was in fact a certain Robert Chase who did much to ruin the club both in footballing and financial terms during that period e.g selling Chris Sutton, forcing out Mike Walker and Martin O''Neill (incedently we were second in dvision one when O''Neill left), pouring money into the ridiculous Radio Canaries or whatever it was called, selling Ashley Ward and Jon Newsome without informing then manager Gary Megson. It was in fact a cash injection from Delia and MWJ which saved the club at that time. We have slipped even further into the mire under their stewardship but to lay the blame soley at their door is ridiculous!

A little too young to remember the "Chase Out" protests are we?

Edumacate yourself!

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/History/0,,10355~1025328,00.html

[quote user="singing canary"]i picked up a program this morning norwich city v f.c internazionale . we had lost 2 games out of 15 in the premiership sitting 3rd behind manchester united and aston villa. we had beatern everton 5-1 ... chelsea 2-1 ...leeds 4-0 drew with arsenal and drew with manchester city . say no more .... thanks delia .[/quote]

I''m sorry but whilst Delia has done a lot of misguided things to this club on the past ten years and I am absolutely not a Delia lover, but I think you might find, if you consult your history books a little more closely, that it was in fact a certain Robert Chase who did much to ruin the club both in footballing and financial terms during that period e.g selling Chris Sutton, forcing out Mike Walker and Martin O''Neill (incedently we were second in dvision one when O''Neill left), pouring money into the ridiculous Radio Canaries or whatever it was called, selling Ashley Ward and Jon Newsome without informing then manager Gary Megson. It was in fact a cash injection from Delia and MWJ which saved the club at that time. We have slipped even further into the mire under their stewardship but to lay the blame soley at their door is ridiculous!

A little too young to remember the "Chase Out" protests are we?

Edumacate yourself!

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/History/0,,10355~1025328,00.html

that was our position in 1993 .....

16 years on where are we now .

delia has been here 11 years

all im saying is how far the club has declined delia and gang playing a big part of that .

i know this was the chase years i dont need top study ny history as i went to pretty much most of the games then and now ..

i was making a point of how much this club has declined over the years thats all .

Me too, but I still feel that Chase is more to blame than Delia becuase he destroyed the club when it was at it''s zenith. Delia inherited a mess and other than bringing back Mike Walker and apppointing Worthington (although that was more by default than anything) her and MWJ have made things worse, but I still feel the real villain of the piece is still Chase. It''s all irrelevant anyway, we''re screwed and have to live with it until the cook finally finds someone decent to sell the club to, if she really is trying that is!

Sorry if i was condescending, just fed up with little kids shooting their mouths off about things they don''t fully understand.

no problem mate ..im 38 and my grandfather went for years previous to that he was good friends with ron ashman many moons ago .

i was friends with chris sutton as i used to work with a girl at peppermint park he used to go out with .

i worlked with raecheal sutton as she was manager there at the time !!!

also my mate played for norwich with shacks in the youth team before he got injured and forced to retire so i do hear some things still !!

i do see your point of what you are saying it does all boil down to chase yet i know delia has not helped in the decline of this great club .