Sign in to follow this  
DEB (never forgotten)

Barnsley make move for Lee - City unable to match asking price or wages!

But Warnock said: “We’re a long way short of doing a deal - I can’t see

a move to Norwich coming off. Firstly the fee is nowhere near what we

value him at and their wage offer is nowhere near what Alan is gettingGood!!

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]But Warnock said: “We’re a long way short of doing a deal - I can’t see a move to Norwich coming off. Firstly the fee is nowhere near what we value him at and their wage offer is nowhere near what Alan is getting

Good!!
[/quote]

Okay, who''s scoring for us then Bump?

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]But Warnock said: “We’re a long way short of doing a deal - I can’t see a move to Norwich coming off. Firstly the fee is nowhere near what we value him at and their wage offer is nowhere near what Alan is gettingGood!![/quote]

[/quote]Curo, obviously. [:D]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]But Warnock said: “We’re a long way short of doing a deal - I can’t see a move to Norwich coming off. Firstly the fee is nowhere near what we value him at and their wage offer is nowhere near what Alan is getting

Good!!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Curo, obviously. [:D]
[/quote]

Touche`

IMO this is utter crap!!! I bet Barnsley haven''t expressed any serious interest....We need to remember Warnock is a mug and he''s blatently trying to push Norwich into a corner and line his pockets....Wouldn''t believe anything that comes out of his mouth!!!!

It''s everywhere now, that Barnsley are in for Alan Lee.

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=26925&headline=Exclusive:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=nonwire_soccer/09/07/09/manual_134128.html

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Good!!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Curo, obviously. [:D]
[/quote]

First Wizard = Well and truly OWNED!

[quote user="colneycanary"]It''s everywhere now, that Barnsley are in for Alan Lee. http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=26925&headline=Exclusive: http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=nonwire_soccer/09/07/09/manual_134128.html

[/quote]

Of course it''s everywhere - journo''s (apart from our Pete) are lazy and will re-write anything that appears anywhere else.  Colin is an old master, knows the right people to tell a half truth to knowing how it will be picked everywhere very quickly.  If you''re gonna panic over potential transfers please let it be about a better quality player than Lee!

[quote user="Rocky Rocastle"]IMO this is utter crap!!! I bet Barnsley haven''t expressed any serious interest....

We need to remember Warnock is a mug and he''s blatently trying to push Norwich into a corner and line his pockets....

Wouldn''t believe anything that comes out of his mouth!!!!
[/quote]

Spot on - Colin is trying to talk the price up for Lee and Dickinson''s agent is doing likewise by saying Brighton are interested.

[quote user="Rocky Rocastle"]IMO this is utter crap!!! I bet Barnsley haven''t expressed any serious interest....

We need to remember Warnock is a mug and he''s blatently trying to push Norwich into a corner [/quote]

I suspect you are right Rocky Rocastle. We''re probably playing hardball over the fee and they need cash to pay the bonuses. 

It might be "City unwilling to match asking price or wages", could it not?  Palace may just have screwed up when they signed him and paid too much for him and are now wanting it back.  I''m sure we don''t have a monopoly on bad deals!

[quote]

I suspect you are right Rocky Rocastle. We''re probably playing hardball over the fee and they need cash to pay the bonuses. 

[/quote]

It''s a long time since we did that - I''d forgotten what it feels like.

[quote user="ricky knight"]We may not have a monopoly but it happens too often imo.[/quote]In everyones!  Hopefully a new negotiator, McNally rather than Doncaster, will be rather better at it!

I don''t for one second beleive a word thats coming from Neil Warmock''s mouth.

He''s saying we''re offering him far less wages than he''s on?

We won''t be offering him ANY wages til we''ve agreed a fee with Palace, thus making his comments utter rubbish.

How can we be discussing wages with a player when we haven''t agreed a fee with his club???

If we were doing that we''d be breaking all kinds of rules and Neil Warnock would be the first person to bitch and moan about it if we were.

The story is a load of bull concocted by Journo''s who thought a deal would have been done by now.

You have to feel a bit sorry for Alan Lee. He''s a journeyman whose biggest success came at Ipswich and the club where he felt most at home. Now the majority of Ipswich fans dislike him for joining Norwich and comments he made around the derby (that he''d celebrate if he scored etc). Norwich fans now seem to be going off the idea of signing him too whilst others say they never liked him!I think he could end up being in an Andy Marshall situation where you hated him for joining us and we hated him because he was rubbish! East Anglia may be the place he feels at home but if it comes out that he didn''t join you because he wanted high wages then I don''t think he''ll be too welcome in Norfolk or Suffolk!