Sign in to follow this  
The Hoff

Affiliate With Dartford

[quote user="The Hoff"]

Does anyone think we should affiliate with Dartford? I believe it would be good for both clubs.

[/quote]

I think that its a rubbish idea. What would we get out of it? 

Dartford would want something out of it, probably cash, and we would be sitting their in the hope that a Cody McDonald comes along..... when in reality he is a once in a decade player for them.

Could we loan players to them? whats the point when we could quite easily loan players to Kings Lynn instead, or indeed to conference clubs? If a kid isnt good enough to play conference football, then he isnt worth keeping on. E.g. Kris Renton. Couldnt score for Kings Lynn = Not good enough.

Then whilst we dedicate our resources to Dartford, the next Cody McDonald will emerge in some other lower league team and we will all be saying "Why dont we affiliate with Enfield" (who incidently sold us Lee Marshall for 15k)

[quote user="The Hoff"]

Does anyone think we should affiliate with Dartford? I believe it would be good for both clubs.

[/quote]

Don''t confuse FM game terminology for something that exists in real life, beyond what already does exist!

Yes Please!

But seriously, if Cody turns out to be half decent for you then I think affiliation should be considered. We have a habit of producing good young talent which often end up in the league (E.G. Dave Martin, now at Milwall).

What do you mean by "affiliation" - nothing official can exists, and it''s just gentleman''s agreements/ clubs who get on with each other - like what we have already with Dartford... so stop pretending that Football Manager game features are somehow real, please, it''s embarrassing!

I would love to be affiliated/connected with a "real" football club such as Dartford.  Even if it means playing each other every pre season and no more.  I would rather be "friends" with a club like that, than try chasing/kissing the arse of some Premiers**t "feeder" club.  I really hope Dartford have a great season, and that we have a good laugh/p*ss up with their loyal fans tomorrow.  Bring it on.  Come on Dartford!!  (except tomorrow!!!)

[quote user="Bryan Bryan Gunn"]or we could just not affiliate, and if we see a good player, just go get him like we did cody :)![/quote]

Exactly. We might be signing a Cambridge City player..... the way things are going we will be ''affiliated'' with every non league club in the South!