Sign in to follow this  
roland rat

Bid for Paul Parry of Cardiff

Can''t see it, he''s a quality player, Welsh International and last year there was talk that he was set for bigger things, ie Premier League!

May be wrong, but I don''t think there is anything in this one, would be great if he did come here though!!

True, but he is no longer a welsh international, because he retired from international football.

He may well have fallen out of favour and you can never say never in football. I do agree he would be an excellent signing.

However, I did think he was a left winger so does that mean Hoolahan is going?

Can''t see it being true.

Good signing if it is, not that we''ll get him anyway.

We''ll just bring him to the attention of other clubs so they can bid

more and get him!

Oh well..............the joys of being a City fan!

OTBC!

[quote user="Jim Kent"]True, but he is no longer a welsh international, because he retired from international football.

He may well have fallen out of favour and you can never say never in football. I do agree he would be an excellent signing.

However, I did think he was a left winger so does that mean Hoolahan is going?[/quote]"Mainly a wide player who can operate on the left or right" - from his Cardiff City profile.Would be a great signing, I love to moan but I would be really pleased with it.

Can''t personally see it happening.I would of thought that if he was to leave Cardiff, lower Championship would be the absolute lowest he would go to.

[quote user="RichT - The Biscuit"]

Can''t see it, he''s a quality player, Welsh International and last year there was talk that he was set for bigger things, ie Premier League!

May be wrong, but I don''t think there is anything in this one, would be great if he did come here though!!

[/quote]

There was once talk of Paul McVeigh joining Aston Villa for £3m!

He is naturally a left winger that can do a shift on the right. I would expect his arrival would see the departure of Hoolohan, with McVeigh as back up.

Wasn''t there some interest in Clingan earlier in the summer from Cardiff, maybe Parry could be part of that deal?

[quote user="paul ncfc"]Wasn''t there some interest in Clingan earlier in the summer from Cardiff, maybe Parry could be part of that deal?
[/quote]

You are probably right Paul, I can see this as our only realistic way we could sign him. To be honest I think this would suit both parties. Obviously Sammy Clingan is a quality player and if he is unhappy, we should allow him to move on if we get the right deal. This hopefully will be the right deal for both parties.

I always thought Paul Parry started for Cardiff though? Is he all of the sudden out of favour?

good player.

Think he made his debut vs us in 2003/2004, he got both goals at Ninian Park.

haha you are having a laugh aren''t you we cant afford him! hes a top quality player that can score goals.

Norwich city dont buy people who score goals!

[quote user="canaryman"]haha you are having a laugh aren''t you we cant afford him! hes a top quality player that can score goals.

Norwich city dont buy people who score goals![/quote]... But if they did, they''d probably be the best team in the world.

Also struggling to get my head around this rumour. Thought he was a first team regular at Cardiff and a very good player at that who would surely attract interest from te Championship if out of favour!

Maybe Cardiff are offering him as part exchange for Clingan but he still needs to agree terms with us. Which I would find highly unlikely!

Fingers crossed though I guess, I did mention a couple of weeks back that we were in for Mark Yeates who I also felt was out of our reach so maybe just maybe...