Sign in to follow this  

Paul McVeigh!

Went to the match today and boy was WLY good.Now I know it was only against Fakenham but I was so impressed with him. Give the lad a contract Gunny!

Didnt think much of Gill ....

He did ok, was encouraging the younger players and took his goal well. Should we sign him up???? Im not so sure, has the touches but looked short on pace.

Give him a contract? A friendly against fakenham and you''re ready to give him a contract.

I''m open minded about him but let''s not get ahead of ourselves.

I just liked being able to sing the song again!In all fairness, thought his touches were very good, some nice passes too. good take on the goal too!

Is he going on the Scotland tour? Gunn said a squad of about 24, could/should he be included?

Ahh so you were one of the singers....[quote user="hogesar"]I just liked being able to sing the song again!In all fairness, thought his touches were very good, some nice passes too. good take on the goal too![/quote]

[quote user="ref89"]Ahh so you were one of the singers....[quote user="hogesar"]I just liked being able to sing the song again!In all fairness, thought his touches were very good, some nice passes too. good take on the goal too![/quote][/quote]Well i was with them. Just to sing those songs! All the blokes were bigger and louder than me. I was a 17 year old in a black shirt - if you''re interested [;)]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="ref89"]Ahh so you were one of the singers....[quote user="hogesar"]I just liked being able to sing the song again!In all fairness, thought his touches were very good, some nice passes too. good take on the goal too![/quote][/quote]Well i was with them. Just to sing those songs! All the blokes were bigger and louder than me. I was a 17 year old in a black shirt - if you''re interested [;)][/quote]I saw you mate. I was the 17 year old in the green hoodie and the clingan 8 city home top[Y]

[quote user="...."][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="ref89"]Ahh so you were one of the singers....

[quote user="hogesar"]I just liked being able to sing the song again!

In all fairness, thought his touches were very good, some nice passes too. good take on the goal too!
[/quote][/quote]

Well i was with them. Just to sing those songs! All the blokes were bigger and louder than me. I was a 17 year old in a black shirt - if you''re interested [;)]
[/quote]

I saw you mate. I was the 17 year old in the green hoodie and the clingan 8 city home top[Y]
[/quote]

So you''re CT?

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="...."][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="ref89"]Ahh so you were one of the singers....[quote user="hogesar"]I just liked being able to sing the song again!In all fairness, thought his touches were very good, some nice passes too. good take on the goal too![/quote][/quote]Well i was with them. Just to sing those songs! All the blokes were bigger and louder than me. I was a 17 year old in a black shirt - if you''re interested [;)][/quote]I saw you mate. I was the 17 year old in the green hoodie and the clingan 8 city home top[Y][/quote]

So you''re CT?

[/quote]Would make sense... mostly because his wavering opinions don''t make any.... and ''....'' is formerly The Insider....

I wouldnt take anything from a game against Fakenham. He looks quite fat in the pic on the front page as well.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]

[quote user="hogesar"]

So you''re CT?

[/quote]Would make sense... mostly because his wavering opinions don''t make any.... and ''....'' is formerly The Insider....[/quote][:D] The Insider, classic...

Can nobody remember when, under Worthington, McVeigh''s contract was running out? In order to get a new one, McVeigh played like a world beater, got a new contract, went down Delaneys with Mulryne to celebrate and played like he had celebrated the night before every match.

The point I''m making is that yes, McVeigh will show willing, up his fitness levels and score a goal against the mighty Fakenham, but this is because there is a carrot being dangled in front of him. What happens IF he is offered a contract?

[quote user="...."][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="ref89"]Ahh so you were one of the singers....[quote user="hogesar"]I just liked being able to sing the song again!In all fairness, thought his touches were very good, some nice passes too. good take on the goal too![/quote][/quote]Well i was with them. Just to sing those songs! All the blokes were bigger and louder than me. I was a 17 year old in a black shirt - if you''re interested [;)][/quote]I saw you mate. I was the 17 year old in the green hoodie and the clingan 8 city home top[Y][/quote]Aha, you are CT then! Welcome back [:D]

Paul mcveigh should ONLY be given a game by game pay as you play contract or a rolling monthly deal... trust me.. its going to save a lot of embaressment for both parties.. if he is crap then we simply do not renew the contract at the end of the month and he moves on.....

if it looks like he can do something longer term then the club can sort something with him.. but a month to month contract for the next 2 or 3 months should make things much clearer

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Paul mcveigh should ONLY be given a game by game pay as you play contract or a rolling monthly deal... trust me.. its going to save a lot of embaressment for both parties.. if he is crap then we simply do not renew the contract at the end of the month and he moves on.....

if it looks like he can do something longer term then the club can sort something with him.. but a month to month contract for the next 2 or 3 months should make things much clearer

[/quote]Agree with that - though I wasn''t at Clipbush last night. A month or two from now and we could be suffering big time from swine flu'' - some cheap, stand in, emergency cover could be worthwhile. But I really can''t see a 30+ midfielder making a sustained contribution to the season.

[quote user="Destort"]

Give him a contract? A friendly against fakenham and you''re ready to give him a contract.

[/quote]

Exactly, thank Gawd the OP isn''t running the club!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Destort"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Thank god you arent running the club either! We''d be in admin. and playing barndoor week in week out- because he bleeds yella n green

[quote user="...."][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Destort"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thank god you arent running the club either! We''d be in admin. and playing barndoor week in week out- because he bleeds yella n green
[/quote]

Yes, and we''d also be Smith free too![:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="...."][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Destort"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Thank god you arent running the club either! We''d be in admin. and playing barndoor week in week out- because he bleeds yella n green[/quote]

[/quote]I''d rather have Smith than you in charge!

[quote user="...."][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Destort"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thank god you arent running the club either! We''d be in admin. and playing barndoor week in week out- because he bleeds yella n green
[/quote]

Well dodged CT ... [Y][:|]

[quote user="...."][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="...."][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Destort"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''d rather have Smith than you in charge!

[/quote]

Then embrace continued failure!

[quote user="hurricane"]

He did ok, was encouraging the younger players and took his goal well. Should we sign him up???? Im not so sure, has the touches but looked short on pace.

[/quote]In some ways that is what I would expect.You are talking about a player who hasnt played a great deal over the last couple of seasons and who was never gifted with lightening pace in the first place.If he still has that footballing ability and it is just a matter of fitness then I think he is worth tha gamble. Not many as technically gifted as him about he just needs to prove that he has the engine for it still.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

I would just give him a deal until 1st Jan and then tell him to earn a contract to 31st June........ then to earn a deal to 1st Jan, and then to 31st June......

Half a season at a time..... if he turns out rubbish, we can release at no cost in January and he can look elsewhere. If he is decent then we make sure we keep hold of him until the end of the season...

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="...."][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Destort"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Thank god you arent running the club either! We''d be in admin. and playing barndoor week in week out- because he bleeds yella n green[/quote]

Well dodged CT ... [Y][:|]

[/quote]It is definitely CT. I just don''t see why he keeps saying he will leave when he never does. Just stay on CT and stop attention seeking.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="...."][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="...."][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Destort"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I''d rather have Smith than you in charge!

[/quote]

Then embrace continued failure!

[/quote]Oh bless, they''re having a tiff..... [;)]