Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds For FONCY - Good News

Good morning PUPs and Posters[C]

As promised I went to see Billy Dixon last week and, top man that he is, he has agreed to sponsor the free bet for us again next season. I can''t begin to tell you all how happy that makes me!! Not only will it keep all us PUPs together for another season but also it keeps me close to my much missed great friend Ray who the free bet really belongs to. I really wasn''t sure that we would carry on because it was an agreement between Billy and Ray, but Billy agreed to do it again which is the measure of the man, especially in the present difficult financial climate. Of course Billy is a City fan but it must be unusual for a bookie to pay for your bet and will you to win.

Billy deserves a big thank you from all of us and we have that opportunity on Friday August 21st which is the date set to present last seasons winnings to FONCY. I know a Friday evening isn''t best for all of you but I had to consider so many things and after talking to Billy, Leeds Canary (who is providing our trophies) and Inchy it seemed the only real option I had. I will post more details about the presentation as they are worked out in due course and I will of course be inviting Rays family.

So the new season starts on Saturdy August 8th and the PUPs doing the first four weeks final selections will be Muddy Funster, City Angel, Meth Canary and GMF (GazzaTCC) as you four asked me last season before we found Rays rota. With over 40 regular selectors and only 40 weeks available the rota won''t be easy to work out. But I will do my best so please bear with me.

So it''s time all us PUPs started our pre-season training. Lets make sure we''re fit and ready to hit the ground running on August 8th and Rays a load more funds for FONCY.

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,Mr Chops,NewYork, Inch High, Blahblahblah yes Norfolkchance1 £608 for the Academy,so far.

Well done Nutty. I will of course be up for entering the same guesses this season!! Unless you are desperate, don''t ask me to pick them on anyone else''s behalf though!!

[quote user="Bexley"]As a relative newcomer can someone tell me what this is all about please?[/quote]

The Pink Un Message Rays Funds For FONCY Free Bet Thread

The free bet was set up by my good friend Ray Ducker (Arrdee) to raise money for the Academy. It''s a totally free bet because it''s sponsored by Dixmar Racing who give the best odds every week in an attempt to maximise any winnings for the academy.

How It Works

Every Wednesday during the season I start the new weeks thread. The ''Pink Un Pickers'' (PUPs) then select their ''nap bet'' for the weekends football fixtures. On the Friday evening the nominated picker from our PUPs rota selects 6 results from the weeks picks. I then phone these through to Billy Dixon at Dixmar Racing and post the bet and the odds on here on the Saturday lunchtime.

Have we won?

So far there have been 11 winning weeks which have won just over £600 for the academy. There have been plenty of near misses too and the ''Pink Un Pickers'' have had a lot of fun trying. Of course we can''t lose thanks to the generosity of our good friend Billy Dixon and of course we have our own PUPs competition at the same time. So it''s a win win situation every week for the Pink Un Pickers!

Want To Take Part?

Just register with the Pink Un Message Board and post your very best selection on the thread. It''s as simple as that.

Nice one Nutty - I will, once again, be continuing. This season I aim to get into the top 5.

Good luck in sorting out who picks which week though - we may have an over flow this season!

I''d be honored to start the ball rolling Nutty - always a tricky week however....I will need as much help as possible from PUPS old and new!

Let''s make it a record-breaking season!

Fantastic news Nutty, Billy Dixon really is a top bloke.[:D] 21st August is good for me(can my Mrs come along?). Roll on the new season and some sanity returning to the pink un forums in the shape of the free bet thread.[Y]

Well done Nutster,you silver tongued devil.[:D]

I would like to put my name forward for a rey this year IF there is a vacant week.

See you at the next meet

Great news Nutty ! Good ole Billy Dixon !!

I would also like to throw my hat into the ring to be able to to be the ''picker'' on one week please.

When are we having another pickers ''meet''?

Ray would be very proud.

Well done Nutty and Billy, Ray will be smiling down on us all [:D]

Am looking forward to being the ''''picker'''' although I must admit that I''m nervous just thinking about it but will do my best.

Excellent [Y] I''d like another shot at the final selections if possible next season as well [:)] I''m looking to go one better this year and take Inchy''s crown [;)]

Something to cheer us up!!! Well done Nutty and of course Billy. Although I only joined towards the end of the season, it was fun. Wednesdays just haven''t been the same since the season ended. Lets hope we raise loadsa money..........[:D][:D][Y][Y]

Id love to have another bash at it as well Nutty! I was in the ''5 out of 6'' crew last year, but bring on the new season!

I''ve been in the ''5 out of 6'' crew twice so would love the chance to make it third time lucky.Excellent work in getting this again for this season, really looking forward to it.

great stuff NN! thanks to Billy Dixon if he reads this too... i promise to try and be more involved next season....

jas :)

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]Excellent [Y] I''d like another shot at the final selections if possible next season as well [:)] I''m looking to go one better this year and take Inchy''s crown [;)][/quote]I wont surender it easily Shaun.[;)] Stick me down for a week Nutty please.[:D]

Superb news! Well done Nutty, and Billy really is a top man. Can''t wait to get started as this will be my first full season, and I''m happy to put myself forward if you have any spare weeks, but will be happy to stick to the ranks if not!!![:D]

Well done NN, have really missed the Free Bet Thread and will welcome it''s return!!! I would also like to throw my name into the hat to be a picker if there is a slot free.

Excellent news, NN! Great to see the Free Bet back on and although my own choosing record last season was appalling (did I get a single selection right?) I''m up for wiping the slate clean and making the final selection one week.... and I promise I won''t run out of the house in the morning without posting the list this time.... [:S]

Brilliant Nutty, I look forward to knowing my date and hoping that I can finally break my 5/6 jinx.

Well done Nutty and Billy lets hope we can have a great season!

There were many down points last year; ray''s passing and norwich being relegated but the free bet always brought a smile to my face. A really top season last year. Been waiting ages for this news and then i missed it. Typical. Can''t wait, the pink''un message board isn''t the same without it. I''m not sure whether I''d make that date (fingers crossed i will), but hopefully there''ll be a pickers meet i can get to in the future.

Great news, Thanks NN for carrying it on and also a big thanks to Billy.

Looking forward to it [:)]