Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Whoa Jamie Jamie!

[quote user="Lincs CR"]Don''t feed those that have nothing productive to say Wiz. I think we''ve all had just about enough of the insults recently... no use reacting any more becuase it just makes matters worse, let the moderators deal with it. Agreed though Wiz, it was nice to hear Cureton scoring again... I just wonder how long he can keep it up, and also wonder how he fares against tougher pre-season opposition...[/quote]

Agreed - some people seem to have no sense of humour. Lighten up we are on the same side here. Arn''t we?

Don''t really mind how Curo miss the PK but he scored from the rebound and scored again later, his job is scoring goals for us and he did, well it''s poor opposition you still need to out the foot in, with Cody was not fit at the moment, Curo still had a very important role to play for this club, the only thing we need now is we need to get a tall striker that work with him very well.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

FAO Wiz - Yellow Rages report on today''s game...

Jamie Cureton came on and did what he does best. He scored his goals. Other than that he didn''t really get involved and didn''t offer much else. A giggling Doherty and Martin sat on the ground in the technical area when Cureton was given the penalty, saying to each other ''He''s gonna miss this'', and he nearly did before his second attempt, so it''s not just Jamie lad who feels his touch is fading, they all know it but he did go on to finish well for his second. I just don''t know if he can produce on a regular basis against stiffer oposition.

Says it all really.

[/quote]

No it doesn''t Waz, it just shows someone''s ''anti'' bias, thats all!!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

Jamie Cureton came on and did what he does best. He scored his goals. Other than that he didn''t really get involved and didn''t offer much else. A giggling Doherty and Martin sat on the ground in the technical area when Cureton was given the penalty, saying to each other ''He''s gonna miss this'', and he nearly did before his second attempt, so it''s not just Jamie lad who feels his touch is fading, they all know it but he did go on to finish well for his second. I just don''t know if he can produce on a regular basis against stiffer oposition.

Says it all really.

[/quote]

[/quote]It''s hardly bias, Wiz. Did you watch him last season?

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

Says it all really.

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s hardly bias, Wiz. Did you watch him last season?
[/quote]

No, you know I didn''t, he didn''t play that much under Ratty did he?

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

Says it all really.

[/quote]

[/quote]It''s hardly bias, Wiz. Did you watch him last season?[/quote]

[/quote]But when he did he was dreadful. so it''s hardly ''bias'' that''s reflected in people''s criticisms of ''Jamie lad'', it''s the fact that he was a liability last season. Nothing controversial about that surely?

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

Says it all really.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But when he did he was dreadful. so it''s hardly ''bias'' that''s reflected in people''s criticisms of ''Jamie lad'', it''s the fact that he was a liability last season. Nothing controversial about that surely?
[/quote]

I still say its anti bias, but we''re never going to agree on this Lord are we?

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

Says it all really.

[/quote]

[/quote]It''s hardly bias, Wiz. Did you watch him last season?[/quote]

[/quote]But when he did he was dreadful. so it''s hardly ''bias'' that''s reflected in people''s criticisms of ''Jamie lad'', it''s the fact that he was a liability last season. Nothing controversial about that surely?[/quote]

[/quote]I think the more interesting point is why we won''t agree. I''ve provided justification for my view that people are critical of Jamie because of his appalling performances last season. For some reason this isn''t a point you agree with: people dislike Jamie because they''re unfairly biased. I''d be interested to know what justification you have for that and why you feel it''s more compelling than the view that Jamie gets stick because he''s played poorly. [Y]

Jamie Cureton aka Ist Wizards Love interest, is clearly no longer any good for Norwich City, the thing is, he never has been! A lower league striker at best in his prime, and that tubby beer guzzling waste of space is anything but in his prime. Ist Wizard, find another player to stalk!

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

Says it all really.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But when he did he was dreadful. so it''s hardly ''bias'' that''s reflected in people''s criticisms of ''Jamie lad'', it''s the fact that he was a liability last season. Nothing controversial about that surely?
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think the more interesting point is why we won''t agree. I''ve provided justification for my view that people are critical of Jamie because of his appalling performances last season. For some reason this isn''t a point you agree with: people dislike Jamie because they''re unfairly biased. I''d be interested to know what justification you have for that and why you feel it''s more compelling than the view that Jamie gets stick because he''s played poorly. [Y]
[/quote]

Simply Lord? He''s the last City hero I have at the club, Crook, Kennon , Foggo, Flecky, Gunn and Hucks, when they played were others, after Jamie goes, there''s no one left for me, Cody shows promise, but thats it.

And whether he''s good or bad one week, I''ll still stand by him.

I have always said that JC will be an important player this year, but I am actually thinking that he will have more of an impact than Cody Mc. This is JC''s level and has been for the majority of his career. I have a sneaky feeling that he will get 20+ goals this year as long as he has a big target man with him and wingers who can actually cross.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Well I must say I wouldn''t class a player who was outscored by both an on-loan left back and own goals a hero but each to their own.[/quote]Yes but Jamie Lad is a confidence player.  Don''t forget it''s Peter Grant''s fault as he bought Jamie Lad home, then dropped Jamie Lad two years ago, then evil Roeder recalled him and dropped him again, then loaned him to Barnsley and then evil Gunn recalled him and dropped him again.  And the fans are on his back and that doesn''t help either so we should all be ashamed of ourselves, he''s obviously trying hard.So what I''m saying is, in the hierarchy of reasons why Cureton is rubbish:a) Grant''s fault for dropping himb) Roeder''s fault for dropping himc) Gunn''s fault for dropping himd) the fans fault, get off his backe) the other Norwich player''s faults as they can''t play to his strengths and they''re baby loanees and/or has-beens who don''t bleed yellow and greenf) the opposition player''s faults as they insist on tackling him/marking himIT''S NOT JAMIE''S FAULT.  The two goals against Dartford Town show that he can still compete at the non-league level, though in a meaningless friendly we clearly can''t attribute any importance to these goals.

Oh and the Pubs and Clubs fault for encouraging him to binge.......the list is endless

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Hero? Thats a bit much Wiz?[/quote]

Not to me Sal, not to me................ Brynn Gunn was never our best keeper imo, but he had that ''something''.

At the end of the day Curo looked very relaxed and happy yesterday. His 2nd goal WAS a good one. His pen DID stink. He didn''t play enough for us to tell much but there can be little doubt that if he cuts out the paranoid complainy stuff in the local press and gets his head down he can do a job for us this season.

So it''s very much a position of sentiment. That explains why you aren''t receptive to rational criticism: as far as you''re concerned there''s something fundamentally point missing about assuming that sticking by Jamie has anything to do with his form. It hasn''t: he''s a ''club hero'' and that''s what your support is based on. Interesting but a problem springs to mind: surely you can adopt a position like this to venerate / criticise any player / club figure you choose, thus making all rational debate a pointless endeavor. What do you think? [*-)]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]surely you can adopt a position like this to venerate / criticise any player / club figure you choose, thus making all rational debate a pointless endeavor. What do you think? [*-)]
[/quote]

Probably Lord, although isn''t being a footy fan based primerly on emotion anyway?

After reading this, and thinking about Cureton, and it being said he has found he level ect, the main point against him was his poor finishing, missing open goals and the target when he really shouln''t have, that should be the same in any league, the chances he gets, the way he choses to finish them, won''t change.When he came back to Norwich, i though great, we have the leagues top scorer, had a ''ok'' first season, but not good enough, then just kept on falling, and i think it''s too late for him really. Sorry Wiz.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]surely you can adopt a position like this to venerate / criticise any player / club figure you choose, thus making all rational debate a pointless endeavor. What do you think? [*-)][/quote]

Probably Lord, although isn''t being a footy fan based primerly on emotion anyway?

[/quote]Aspects of it are I suppose but there''s no getting away from the fact that when it comes to opinions we hold about particular players they are largely based on what we observe them doing. Jamie is a classic example of this: many have observed him booting the ball into the upper Barclay time and time again when he should have been neatly tucking it away in the bottm corner of the net. This is largely where the criticism comes from. However, it''s no surprise that it doesn''t wash with you since the basis for your opinion is premised on a completely different proposition: he''s a club hero so it doesn''t matter how many times he underperforms. I suppose the question that arises is this: who has the more compelling basis for their opinions? I''m inclined to think those who base theirs on oberservation but I''m happy to have this challenged. [8-|]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]He''s probably found his level now, to be fair.
[/quote]

You see folks? he can''t win![:(]

[/quote]

No its probably because he has found his level. Most of his career has been spent at League 1 and 2 level.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]surely you can adopt a position like this to venerate / criticise any player / club figure you choose, thus making all rational debate a pointless endeavor. What do you think? [*-)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Aspects of it are I suppose but there''s no getting away from the fact that when it comes to opinions we hold about particular players they are largely based on what we observe them doing. Jamie is a classic example of this: many have observed him booting the ball into the upper Barclay time and time again when he should have been neatly tucking it away in the bottm corner of the net. This is largely where the criticism comes from. However, it''s no surprise that it doesn''t wash with you since the basis for your opinion is premised on a completely different proposition: he''s a club hero so it doesn''t matter how many times he underperforms. I suppose the question that arises is this: who has the more compelling basis for their opinions? I''m inclined to think those who base theirs on oberservation but I''m happy to have this challenged. [8-|]
[/quote]

The the only way for that to happen is if Jamie starts hitting the back of the net in league 1 isn''t it?

Time will tell