Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Whoa Jamie Jamie!

[quote user="row"]you idiot! twat[/quote]

Was that called for?

I''m over the moon for Jamie scoring two today, especially after the flack he gets on here! Everyone on knows what a huge fan I am of him.

The keeper was unlucky not to get ot the rebound before Jamie, was a poor penalty! Second goal was a lot better but if the keeper knew where his cross bar is then he wouldn''t have left it.

Don''t feed those that have nothing productive to say Wiz. I think we''ve all had just about enough of the insults recently... no use reacting any more becuase it just makes matters worse, let the moderators deal with it.

Agreed though Wiz, it was nice to hear Cureton scoring again... I just wonder how long he can keep it up, and also wonder how he fares against tougher pre-season opposition...

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

The keeper was unlucky not to get ot the rebound before Jamie, was a poor penalty! Second goal was a lot better but if the keeper knew where his cross bar is then he wouldn''t have left it.

[/quote]

Jeez Iwan, the poor guy can''t win, some have described his second as vintage Curo and esquisate.

[quote user="Lincs CR"]Don''t feed those that have nothing productive to say Wiz. I think we''ve all had just about enough of the insults recently... no use reacting any more becuase it just makes matters worse, let the moderators deal with it. Agreed though Wiz, it was nice to hear Cureton scoring again... I just wonder how long he can keep it up, and also wonder how he fares against tougher pre-season opposition...[/quote]

Nail on head Lincs, cheers mate.

With you on this one Wiz, want to see him do well and hear the song again.  Not convinced he will but hoping!

You stick in there Wiz!

If you like him, don''t let others drag you down!

He''ll get goals this season............................you see!!!!

OTBC!

Same goes for him as goes for anyone else who scored in the last two days. Its only Dartford. Cureton needs to stop whinging about how he needs first team football and prove he deserves it when the season kicks off.

Well from where i was standing (right behind the goal, right hand corner), looked to me as if the keeper left it. Like i said it was a good goal, nice vision, I wouldn''t go as far as esquisate though.

Jamie did his job, so I am happy with that. However I am still unsure as to what he will do for us this season. I was a lot more impressed with the Luton 2.

He has a point though... Jamie scored lots and lots of goals for Colchester in league one. The amount of chances (a lot of easy ones too) he had and missed last season meant his status as CHAMPIONSHIP striker wasn''t too great... maybe in a league he used to scoring lots of goals in he will feel a bit more comfortable...

[quote user="Lincs CR"]He has a point though... Jamie scored lots and lots of goals for Colchester in league one. The amount of chances (a lot of easy ones too) he had and missed last season meant his status as CHAMPIONSHIP striker wasn''t too great... maybe in a league he used to scoring lots of goals in he will feel a bit more comfortable...[/quote]

He was top scorer in his first season with Colchester in the Championship, i don''t think it is the league, it''s who he plays upfront with and the formation/tactics

[quote user="Lincs CR"]He has a point though... Jamie scored lots and lots of goals for Colchester in league one.[/quote]Well, according to Soccerbase he got 4 goals in 8 league appearances on loan in their promotion season. The same season he netted a modest 7 in 30 for Swindon.

I think Iwan just corrected me... I seemed to think Jamie had that magical season in league one... my mistake!

I had a dream (I actually did...) whereby I saw Curo in Sainsburies, and so I started chanting ''Whoa Jamie Jamie! Jamie Jamie Jamie Jamie Cureton!'' at him, and everyone else (including a few players with him) joined in! That was such a fun dream :D

Lets not jump to any conclusions yet guys, Jamie did well on the Sweden tour as well but last season''s goal tally was less than admirable.

If the way the team plays suits him, he''ll score. If it doesnt, he wont- what is it you lot say... simples?

McVeigh has a good game against a lower league side and it''s their lack of quality. Cureton has a good game against a lower league side and it''s his quality shining through. Do I detect double standards, Wiz? Not knocking you I just want to clarify. [*-)]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Sorry couldn''t resist it![:$][/quote]Two goals against Dartford Town.  Well, it''s a start, but considering one was a rebound from a penalty he didn''t score, I''m not going to do cartwheels just yet.

[quote user="Have Heart"]

[quote user="row"]its pretty obvious that your an idiot[/quote]

Really no need for this......

[/quote]No, you are correct - he should have apostrophised "you''re".

[quote user="Lincs CR"]Don''t feed those that have nothing productive to say Wiz. I think we''ve all had just about enough of the insults recently... no use reacting any more becuase it just makes matters worse, let the moderators deal with it. Agreed though Wiz, it was nice to hear Cureton scoring again... I just wonder how long he can keep it up, and also wonder how he fares against tougher pre-season opposition...[/quote]

Well... Whilst it isn''t right to be insulting and it is nice that Jamie Lad got a brace today, the ''productive comment'' angle just can''t be used in relation to Wiz. He doesn''t do productive comments, It''s all conjecture and make believe statements wrapped up as fact.

You would have probably been better off just saying it isn''t nice to insult people and leave it at that.

And yes it would be useful to see how he fares up to tougher opposition because we will be playing against tougher opposition, you see that is fact and therefore is productive in this scenario, being league one football.

FAO Wiz - Yellow Rages report on today''s game...

Jamie Cureton came on and did what he does best. He scored his goals. Other than that he didn''t really get involved and didn''t offer much else. A giggling Doherty and Martin sat on the ground in the technical area when Cureton was given the penalty, saying to each other ''He''s gonna miss this'', and he nearly did before his second attempt, so it''s not just Jamie lad who feels his touch is fading, they all know it but he did go on to finish well for his second. I just don''t know if he can produce on a regular basis against stiffer oposition.

Says it all really.