Sign in to follow this  

My dad says the same, but, it was jed steer in goal, who doesnt have very much exp..if it was theoklitis then i''d be very worried...

yeah i thought the same, two goals and it also mentioned that they hit the post. But i guess it''s just a friendly mainly used to see how the players fitness is coming along and to scope out the trialists. Good to see we are scoring though albeit against a poor opposition.

Sorry! Did know that, but just been plooking at hisd info online so had him on the brain..the same still stands for rudd imo...

[quote user="lincoln canary"]i know its only a pre season game but i find it very alarming that we should concede two goals and give away as many chances as we did to a team well down the non league ladder![/quote]

Isn''t that kind of what these games are for............ Nelson and Doc havn''t played together before so we might need to work on some stuff.

A lot of these games are pretty "relaxed" in terms of tackles and commitment.

Everton lost to Bury yesterday.......... I don''t think they will struggle in the prem this year.

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[quote user="lincoln canary"]i know its only a pre season game but i find it very alarming that we should concede two goals and give away as many chances as we did to a team well down the non league ladder![/quote]

Isn''t that kind of what these games are for............ Nelson and Doc havn''t played together before so we might need to work on some stuff.

Everton lost to Bury yesterday.......... I don''t think they will struggle in the prem this year.

[/quote]

agreed but im sure that was a very weak starting eleven from everton. that was our strongest team that played today!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]i know its only a pre season game but i find it very alarming that we should concede two goals and give away as many chances as we did to a team well down the non league ladder![/quote]Are we strarting to concede an unacceptable number of goals already?

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="lincoln canary"]i know its only a pre season game but i find it very alarming that we should concede two goals and give away as many chances as we did to a team well down the non league ladder![/quote]Are we starting to concede an unacceptable number of goals already?[/quote]

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[/quote]Doc was a good boss today and played himself out of trouble with some nice touches. Nelson wanted to play the whole game in every position and wandered up a bit which led to one of the goals. The other came just after a defensive sub. They weren''t too tidy anywhere on the pitch today. Darts number 2 played right back in the 1st half and made Lappin and Drury look like flying brazilians. My biggest concern was the variety in fitness. Pattison is MASSIVE ! whereas Drury, Lapping, Semmy and Martin looked very ready.

Lappin and Drury I would agree with, Martin took his goals well but looked short of pace and lethargic...Matty did looked enormous. Spillane looked okay and would probably take a midfield place if we lose Sammy...I would worry about Mathew Gill though...and also WLY ...if he is offered a contract

[quote user="Hooleyfan"]Lappin and Drury I would agree with, Martin took his goals well but looked short of pace and lethargic...Matty did looked enormous. Spillane looked okay and would probably take a midfield place if we lose Sammy...I would worry about Mathew Gill though...and also WLY ...if he is offered a contract[/quote]I didn''t feel that we saw enough of Gill today. McVeigh just looked odd in the shirt to be honest.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Only the League1 games will provide us with the answers we need.[/quote]Well that''s odd, because you seem to have made your mind up already in every other thread.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="First Wizard"]Only the League1 games will provide us with the answers we need.[/quote]

Well that''s odd, because you seem to have made your mind up already in every other thread.

[/quote]

Err? no I haven''t, the jury''s out with me on the new signings, but if you refer to Gunn and the board, yes, I have![:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="First Wizard"]Only the League1 games will provide us with the answers we need.[/quote]Well that''s odd, because you seem to have made your mind up already in every other thread.

[/quote]

Err? no I haven''t, the jury''s out with me on the new signings, but if you refer to Gunn and the board, yes, I have![:|]

[/quote]They''re Gunn''s signings. If they do turn out to be up to the job then credit is due to the management team.The buck stops with him, for better or worse.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="First Wizard"]Only the League1 games will provide us with the answers we need.[/quote]

Well that''s odd, because you seem to have made your mind up already in every other thread.

[/quote]

[/quote]

They''re Gunn''s signings. If they do turn out to be up to the job then credit is due to the management team.
The buck stops with him, for better or worse.
[/quote]

If they do well Herb, then I''ve been been about Gunn and will apologise to him and ths message board''s pro Gun brigade.

I think that like the new King''s lynn manager said earlier in the week if we lose all of our freindlies but win the first two league games we will have had a good preseason and if we win them all comfortably then lose the first two league games it will have been a bad preseason. Preseason results mean little especially the first few which are used to regain fitness.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Only the League1 games will provide us with the answers we need.[/quote]Surely the same goes for Cureton?

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Herb"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="First Wizard"]Only the League1 games will provide us with the answers we need.[/quote]Well that''s odd, because you seem to have made your mind up already in every other thread.

[/quote]

[/quote]They''re Gunn''s signings. If they do turn out to be up to the job then credit is due to the management team.The buck stops with him, for better or worse.[/quote]

If they do well Herb, then I''ve been been about Gunn and will apologise to him and ths message board''s pro Gun brigade.

[/quote]Does EVERY SINGLE THREAD have to descend into this?

As much as I still want to think of Norwich being a team on par with Everton (as we were in the earl 90''s)... I''m sure that a very weak Everton (Prem) team would be at least as strong as our league 1 team...

Don''t think it''s a comparison we can make at the moment unfortunately :-(

[quote user="Romantic"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Herb"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

They''re Gunn''s signings. If they do turn out to be up to the job then credit is due to the management team.
The buck stops with him, for better or worse.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Does EVERY SINGLE THREAD have to descend into this?
[/quote]

Yes. Since the dawn of creation.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]i know its only a pre season game but i find it very alarming that we should concede two goals and give away as many chances as we did to a team well down the non league ladder![/quote]don''t know if anyone else said it but i really think you need to consider it is their first game of pre season... many teams lose in pre season as it is about fitness changing the team around etc trying different things, formations, partnerships... etc. You shouldn''t find it alarming.