Sign in to follow this  
canarytim

Rusty hold your head in shame

So now we know 2 of the players who do not wish to play for us anymore.

Sammy Clingan.......fair enough I can understand his reasons, but Rusty !

His poor form was one of the reasons we got relegated last season. He was a shadow of the player that he was in that "Survival Winter" when Roeder first came.

Think about it..... we sell him and we go up as Champions to the Premier League, he returns and we get relegated to the 3rd Division  !

I thought Russell would have been one guy who felt he owed us. Let him go now, anywhere. 

If a player does not want to play for us then Gunn should show them the door, who ever they are!!!

[quote user="canarytim"]

His poor form was one of the reasons we got relegated last season. He was a shadow of the player that he was in that "Survival Winter" when Roeder first came.

Think about it..... we sell him and we go up as Champions to the Premier League, he returns and we get relegated to the 3rd Division  !

I thought Russell would have been one guy who felt he owed us. Let him go now, anywhere. 

[/quote]

Good riddance to him, a hugely over rated player that would have offered absolutely nothing to our squad had he stayed.   A ''box to box'' player, that cant really defend and cant really attack, cant really tackle, cant really pass, cant really shoot and gets sent off far to frequently for moments of petulance.

I wouldn''t have wanted him here even if he wanted to stay.

[quote user="MXboy"]If a player does not want to play for us then Gunn should show them the door, who ever they are!!![/quote]

He will mate. Thats why Clingan and Russell are not in todays squad, thats why Fozzy was banished to the reserves and thats why Marshall was sold.

I believe in Gunn, he just needs players that believe in him!

Glad he looks set to leave. Surprised anyone would want him.Hopefully the Russell promotion blessing will happen to us.

[quote user="Big Bob"]Still on here i see Ryan?[/quote]

Yes I am, it is Saturday after all and I couldn''t get to Dartford. In case you didn''t realise, I am a Norwich City fan, and we are playing today.

On here for the fourth time today I see Big Bob, using up your ''two'' logins for tomorrow?

i also believe in Gunn now, at first i was very anti-Gunn but now i think he''s the man to take the club forward. i live not too far away from him and have often said hi to him in the local area, he''s a really nice guy and seems to have a no-nonsence attitude.

Good luck to him :D

Russel is over rated IMO - never really performed, head down to often and always looking to pass it sideways.

[quote user="canarytim"]

Think about it..... we sell him and we go up as Champions to the Premier League, he returns and we get relegated to the 3rd Division  ![/quote]

Stoke sell him to us... they go up too. Bye bye Darel!

I''m not a massive fan of Russell either, but where''s the evidence he doesn''t want to play for us? It looks like Gunn is using these two games to have a look at some potential new players - may be he''s assuming Russell will be in the midfield line-up next season and doesn''t want to use up a place a trialist could use?

[quote user="Nuff Said"]I''m not a massive fan of Russell either, but where''s the evidence he doesn''t want to play for us? It looks like Gunn is using these two games to have a look at some potential new players - may be he''s assuming Russell will be in the midfield line-up next season and doesn''t want to use up a place a trialist could use?[/quote]Well, seeing as football''s a team game, wouldn''t it be shrewd to give your first choice players a chance to gel with the new ones in a competitive environment?  Or at least give Rusty 45 mins?  No, I think he wants to leave and I also believe this is a good thing because he''s a rubbish headless chicken with an ego far in excess of his actual ability.

[quote user="PBTC"][quote user="canarytim"]

Think about it..... we sell him and we go up as Champions to the Premier League, he returns and we get relegated to the 3rd Division  ![/quote]

Stoke sell him to us... they go up too. Bye bye Darel!

[/quote]

There is definitely a pattern here! I always thought he looked a ''busy'' player but like a couple of posters above mention he never really had an end product. There was no killer pass or goal to cap of the work he appeared to be doing. Basically I think he just ran about a bit.

Overated and will be glad to see the back of him. He is one of the reasons we are in this league.

Where does he think he will go? The Premier league? Dont make me laugh, hes a bottom half championship/league one player, thats all he is, was and will be. I can only see someone like Blackpool, Barnsley or Plymouth going in for him and to me that is a step down. Class A prick get him out, why is it these players that got us relegated think they are so much better than league one? If it wasnt for crap performences from pillocks like Russell then we wouldnt be here.

Sell the w*n*er and let him rot in Barnsley!!!

Not a problem with Sammy wanting to leave, hes at that age, hes played at this level before and doesnt want to go back, but gave his all last season and in my opinion was our best player last year and has earned a move unlike Rusty the crusty has been. 

[quote user="Millo"]

I can only see someone like Blackpool, Barnsley or Plymouth going in for him and to me that is a step down. 

[/quote]I think you may find that League 1 to CCC is a step up.........

I have to agree with most of the above, he was decidedly average at everything, from what i have read on the net Tom Adeyemi can more than fill rustys boots, won''t miss him.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="canarytim"]

[/quote]

Good riddance to him, a hugely over rated player that would have offered absolutely nothing to our squad had he stayed.   A ''box to box'' player, that cant really defend and cant really attack, cant really tackle, cant really pass, cant really shoot and gets sent off far to frequently for moments of petulance.

I wouldn''t have wanted him here even if he wanted to stay.

[/quote]

Precisely. He''s useless anyway. I''m glad to see he''s off - was hoping he would be.

I wasnt that thrilled when Peter Grant brought him back, but i assumed he must have improved from the young player who looked second best to a player straight out of non league football in Lee Marshall all the time. Unfortuneately Russell hadnt improved as a player at all. He''s doing us a favour in getting out of our club i just hope his agent is good and can get him a move as soon as possible.

I''ll be delighted if he leaves.  Most players do their talking on the pitch.  Rusty did all of his in the Evening News.  I won''t miss those insincere "we let the wonderful fans down"  articles, or his complete inability to control his temper.

[quote user="canarytim"]

[/quote]

who says he doesn''t want to play for us. If he leaves it doesn''t necesssarily mean it''s at his bidding.

"who says he doesn''t want to play for us. If he leaves it doesn''t necesssarily mean it''s at his bidding."

Exactly, perhaps he''s just been identified as someone who might bring in a few hundred grand in transfer fee.

I can see some Championship club giving him a go (irrespective of what fans think of him).