Sign in to follow this  
Freddy H

This league is too difficult.

The prediction league that is.  362 people registered, only 76 have predicted the correct result, and only 84 correct predictions out of 1510 thats just 5.6% correct.  232 have 1 point or less, a whopping 64% of us.  There needs to be an immediate change in the way that points are awarded, to give the vast majority of us an incentive to carry on. 

I''m not sure what changes need to be made, what do you think?  Big respect to chesterfield canaries, only 3 predictions and 2 correct scores and 2 correct goalscorers, we''re not worthy.

There''s nothing wrong with the system if people will only start predicting with their heads instead of their hearts. That is very difficult to do however and feel that you are remaining loyal, which is, in part, why some posters ( e.g. 1stWizard and I ) will not participate in something that is, on the surface, just good fun. 

We''re looking into awarding points for correct outcome as well as correct score. People need to stop predicting we''ll beat Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool though...

I agree it is difficult. That''s why I''ve kind of given up (on 0 points); oh and because I keep forgetting to predict the scores...

Now as for the pink-un premierleague.com fantasy league (Mr Carrow version)...that''s much more fun!! Catch me if you can!

I have to agree i kind of lost interest after finding it pretty impossible to gain any points. I guessed 1-1 for the Newcastle game so agree outcome points could and should be awarded.

That''s not to say i predicted wins for us against Man U, Arsenal and L''pool!! Are you joking Peter? Did people seriously predict that? If so i think they need to be named and identified! If they''ve done it out of fun/blind loyalty that''s just about acceptable, if a bit pointless. If they''ve actually really meant it they need to come on here and explain their reasons, show their working, before going to have their heads read!

[quote]We''re looking into awarding points for correct outcome as well as correct score. People need to stop predicting we''ll beat Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool though...[/quote]

Well I predicted with my head and not my heart that we would get beaten by Arsenal , Man Utd and Liverpool but didnt get all the scores right, worse thing was, it didn''t make me feel good and I felt guilty doing it!

P.S. Finally downloaded IE6 and have found the smileys

[quote]We''re looking into awarding points for correct outcome as well as correct score. People need to stop predicting we''ll beat Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool though...[/quote]

When the new scoring system in place is it possible to get the tech guys to apply the new rules to the predictions of previous games?  Then a league position could be shown for old system and new system so I would be 343rd in the original and 16th in the new one!

We should not give up predicting scores though, either with our head or heart, we want the team to battle on from the position they are in so we should also carry on.  A couple of correct predictions on the bounce will put me mid table, know what I mean.

[quote]Well I predicted with my head and not my heart that we would get beaten by Arsenal , Man Utd and Liverpool but didnt get all the scores right, worse thing was, it didn''t make me feel good and I felt g...[/quote]

LOL City Angel ......  predicting the outcome  against the FEW  big lads in the prem  isn`t too difficult ...... predicting  the score as well is a sight harder      considering that we are still sucking our dummies in the prem  , we have  not done too badly at all ! .........  

Hope  we don`t think the Pompey match is going to decide how we`re going to do in the prem ! ......   make no mistake , they will be pumped up for this one

Pete,

See you have moved up a dozen or so places after the Portsmouth result so well done, silly me predicted a 2-1 win to us so got it wrong yet again.

[quote]Pete, See you have moved up a dozen or so places after the Portsmouth result so well done, silly me predicted a 2-1 win to us so got it wrong yet again.[/quote]

Yeah but Pete is probably "tweaking" the times as to when he posted his prediction and actually putting it in after he knows the result!!

Only kidding Pete. I went for 1-1 on Saturday and that''s about as close as I''ve got so far.

"Pete,

See you have moved up a dozen or so places after the Portsmouth result so well done, silly me predicted a 2-1 win to us so got it wrong yet again."

I also put 2-1 but if you look at my predictions this season you''ll see I usually put the same goal times every week - had to get it right at some point. Still ''proud'' of my 4-1 against Arsenal though.

Don''t know what all the fuss is about - this is easy