Sign in to follow this  
jordimurrell

I've gone Solo

I suggest you checked copyright issues. I beleive you are not allowed to display fixtures unless you paid rights to the football league.

that site is awful! nice back ground but the buttons at the top are barely readable and your going to get into trouble with the football leagues Lawyers if you dont remove the fixture list unless you fork out some cash to buy the list.

jas :)

He''s 15 thats how.Jordi just put up the first fixture.  I''ll sign up later after I''ve done my history.

Jesus, when I was 15 I didn''t know what the internet was, let alone know how to create my own website. . . Mind you, I haven''t got the first clue now... I''d love to learn how though!

[quote user="Iwan is God"]how do you know he hasn''t paid for the fixtures?[/quote]If he had done, it would have a very long winded copyright message about Football DataCo under it like the ones on this site or BBC Sport.

Do not publish the fixtures unless you want DataCo sending you offical letters.  All fixtures are Copyright and you have to pay £266 for the privelege of showing them - believe me I looked into it while setting up KIO.

[quote user="ACE"]Do not publish the fixtures unless you want DataCo sending you offical letters.  All fixtures are Copyright and you have to pay £266 for the privelege of showing them - believe me I looked into it while setting up KIO.[/quote]It''s a bit ridiculous really.  As soon as it''s published once, surely the fact teams are playing on such and such a date is just that, a fact.  Strange.

[quote user="ACE"]Do not publish the fixtures unless you want DataCo sending you offical letters.  All fixtures are Copyright and you have to pay £266 for the privelege of showing them - believe me I looked into it while setting up KIO.[/quote]A friendly question, ACE. You use stuff from Sky Sports, which is copyrighted. Have you done a deal with Sky for that?

It''s odd. Surely if you worded it differently etc, you could get away with it? It''s like there''s nothing stopping me from mentioning the date of our first home match against Colchester within this post, and it would be publically available on the internet. Saturday, August the 8th, Colchester United At Home [:)]

No need to do a deal.  I use their RSS feed which thye supply, and its all links back to their site, so they benefit.  Also they specify that non-profit sites may use the feeds on websites - ie for footall fanzine sites etc.[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="ACE"]Do not publish the fixtures unless you want DataCo sending you offical letters.  All fixtures are Copyright and you have to pay £266 for the privelege of showing them - believe me I looked into it while setting up KIO.[/quote]A friendly question, ACE. You use stuff from Sky Sports, which is copyrighted. Have you done a deal with Sky for that?[/quote]

No - it is still copyrihted information - the FA created those fixtures, ie that data, and displaying it in any format is still using THEIR data.[quote user="hogesar"]It''s odd. Surely if you worded it differently etc, you could get away with it? It''s like there''s nothing stopping me from mentioning the date of our first home match against Colchester within this post, and it would be publically available on the internet. Saturday, August the 8th, Colchester United At Home [:)][/quote]

[quote user="ACE"]No need to do a deal.  I use their RSS feed which thye supply, and its all links back to their site, so they benefit.  Also they specify that non-profit sites may use the feeds on websites - ie for footall fanzine sites etc.[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="ACE"]Do not publish the fixtures unless you want DataCo sending you offical letters.  All fixtures are Copyright and you have to pay £266 for the privelege of showing them - believe me I looked into it while setting up KIO.[/quote]A friendly question, ACE. You use stuff from Sky Sports, which is copyrighted. Have you done a deal with Sky for that?[/quote][/quote]Thanks for the reply, ACE. Since you knew about copyright with the fixtures I suspected you knew what you were doing with Sky.

[quote user="ACE"]No need to do a deal.  I use their RSS feed which thye supply, and its all links back to their site, so they benefit.  Also they specify that non-profit sites may use the feeds on websites - ie for footall fanzine sites etc.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="ACE"]Do not publish the fixtures unless you want DataCo sending you offical letters.  All fixtures are Copyright and you have to pay £266 for the privelege of showing them - believe me I looked into it while setting up KIO.
[/quote]

A friendly question, ACE. You use stuff from Sky Sports, which is copyrighted. Have you done a deal with Sky for that?[/quote][/quote]

I have had a few lookies at your site, it''s very good, but one question; I did not see one advert on it, are you funding it all out of your own pocket?

HiYes I am.  I am a fan and want to provide other fans with something we dont really have at the minute, in my opinion,  a quality NCFC fansite.  Its a labour of love, and my rewardis seeing people enjoying its existence.[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="ACE"]No need to do a deal.  I use their RSS feed which thye supply, and its all links back to their site, so they benefit.  Also they specify that non-profit sites may use the feeds on websites - ie for footall fanzine sites etc.[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="ACE"]Do not publish the fixtures unless you want DataCo sending you offical letters.  All fixtures are Copyright and you have to pay £266 for the privelege of showing them - believe me I looked into it while setting up KIO.[/quote]A friendly question, ACE. You use stuff from Sky Sports, which is copyrighted. Have you done a deal with Sky for that?[/quote][/quote]

I have had a few lookies at your site, it''s very good, but one question; I did not see one advert on it, are you funding it all out of your own pocket?

[/quote]

[quote user="ACE"]HiYes I am.  I am a fan and want to provide other fans with something we dont really have at the minute, in my opinion,  a quality NCFC fansite.  Its a labour of love, and my rewardis seeing people enjoying its existence.[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="ACE"]No need to do a deal.  I use their RSS feed which thye supply, and its all links back to their site, so they benefit.  Also they specify that non-profit sites may use the feeds on websites - ie for footall fanzine sites etc.[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="ACE"]Do not publish the fixtures unless you want DataCo sending you offical letters.  All fixtures are Copyright and you have to pay £266 for the privelege of showing them - believe me I looked into it while setting up KIO.[/quote]A friendly question, ACE. You use stuff from Sky Sports, which is copyrighted. Have you done a deal with Sky for that?[/quote][/quote]

[/quote][/quote]Good stuff Ace. I will just suggest google AdSense, it''s quite flexible, it can merge in with the website quite well, and could essentially pay for the website itself - without ruining the users experience so to speak.

I have adsense on several otherr sites (I do websites full time), but I dont want people to see ads, just NCFC news and opinion.  Anyway, sorry this is hijacking Jordi''s thread, so Im off!

[quote user="ACE"]I have adsense on several otherr sites (I do websites full time), but I dont want people to see ads, just NCFC news and opinion.  Anyway, sorry this is hijacking Jordi''s thread, so Im off![/quote]Oh right, fair enough! [:D]

[quote user="ACE"]Do not publish the fixtures unless you want DataCo sending you offical letters.  All fixtures are Copyright and you have to pay £266 for the privelege of showing them - believe me I looked into it while setting up KIO.
[/quote]

Jordi -  Sorry mate, but your site is crap, and you cant expect people to visit if you aren''t even prepared to spend a fiver on a domain name.

Ace - Your site is ''Ace'', im going to bookmark and sneak a peak once and a while. Cheers for doing it with no underlying motive. I have often thought about doing one, but I would without a doubt have stuck adsense all over it....... so appreciated.