Sign in to follow this  
SNAP

Nothing changes except our expectations.

Be honest now.....is anyone who left their rebate money in the club to add to the transfer fund that MWJ said Gunn already had, plus the money that we received for Marshall plus Michael Foulger''s money getting just a little uneasy that these funds now seem to have evaporated when we need to get a new targetman signed up? Be honest again...are you really surprised?

Seems like deja vu. Once again no lessons have been learned from last year when we started the season without a proper striker and continued without one all season with disasterous results. Nothing changes except our expectations - which get lower every year.

I''ll wait for the usual "Give the guy a chance", "It''s not the start of the season yet", "He''s done well so far", "I''ll support them whatever division they are in" comments but I''ll bet they are the same comments as were made this time last year. As I said, nothing changes except our expectations.....

[quote user="SNAP"]

Be honest now.....is anyone who left their rebate money in the club to add to the transfer fund that MWJ said Gunn already had, plus the money that we received for Marshall plus Michael Foulger''s money getting just a little uneasy that these funds now seem to have evaporated when we need to get a new targetman signed up? Be honest again...are you really surprised?

Seems like deja vu. Once again no lessons have been learned from last year when we started the season without a proper striker and continued without one all season with disasterous results. Nothing changes except our expectations - which get lower every year.

I''ll wait for the usual "Give the guy a chance", "It''s not the start of the season yet", "He''s done well so far", "I''ll support them whatever division they are in" comments but I''ll bet they are the same comments as were made this time last year. As I said, nothing changes except our expectations.....

[/quote]

Just back from scorching Spain and guess what?

No striker and no money spent. Is the rebate money and the other cash there for when the restaurant takings are down or for buying some players?

[quote user="SNAP"]

[/quote]

http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/full_article.asp?i=4761

It''s not like we are not trying, we have numerous bids for various strikers turned down, we have numerous strikers currently on trial with us.

You act like we are doing nothing. It''s no secret we need a decent striker but do we just get ANYBODY or do we get somebody who can do a decent job at the right price............. not easy to find because everyone else is looking for that guy too.

We have brought in 4 new players, given new contracts to several of the youth squad.  We are making some moves. But IMHO thats not even close to the end of the players coming in.

I expect at least another 3-4 players. Not many LG1 clubs will bring in 7-8 permanent players this year.

Saying the funds have evaporated is just silly considering we have a number of offers in on various players.........

If Clingan and Russell move on as expected it will probably free up even more money. Expect us to then become much more active in the transfer market.

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="SNAP"]

[/quote]

http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/full_article.asp?i=4761

It''s not like we are not trying, we have numerous bids for various strikers turned down, we have numerous strikers currently on trial with us.

You act like we are doing nothing. It''s no secret we need a decent striker but do we just get ANYBODY or do we get somebody who can do a decent job at the right price............. not easy to find because everyone else is looking for that guy too.

We have brought in 4 new players, given new contracts to several of the youth squad.  We are making some moves. But IMHO thats not even close to the end of the players coming in.

I expect at least another 3-4 players. Not many LG1 clubs will bring in 7-8 permanent players this year.

Saying the funds have evaporated is just silly considering we have a number of offers in on various players.........

If Clingan and Russell move on as expected it will probably free up even more money. Expect us to then become much more active in the transfer market.

[/quote]

Yeah, right !

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="SNAP"]

[/quote]

No striker and no money spent. Is the rebate money and the other cash there for when the restaurant takings are down or for buying some players?

[/quote]

errrr................. we just brought in 4 players on permanent contracts, with more on the way.

We just signed a number of youth team players to pro contracts.

Where do you get "no money spent" from?

At least try and make some kind of sense.

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="SNAP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

errrr................. we just brought in 4 players on permanent contracts, with more on the way.

We just signed a number of youth team players to pro contracts.

Where do you get "no money spent" from?

At least try and make some kind of sense.

[/quote]

We have bought (to the best of my knowledge) one player, for the ''nominal fee''.

Bringing in the other 3 and promoting from the youth team had cost us nothing in transfers. I have highlighted the relevant part of my post to make it slightly easier for you.

I would have thought that the wages for these players would come from the playing staff budget and not the transfer pot. If however I had donated my rebate to find it was being used to pay wages and not for transfers I would be furious.

Even ''free'' transfers cost money: signing-on fees, agents fees and wages.

Don''t get me wrong, I''m waiting to see what happens with a striker etc, but let''s not pretend these signings so far haven''t cost any money.

These threads are getting so boring. Please don''t call me a ''sheep'' or a board worshipper as I, like others here, have shown my disaproval in the past few seasons but lets give the current set up a chance before we write them off! What have they done wrong at this stage? Lets give them a chance. By all means slag them off on Aug 8th when we partner Cureton and Martin up front but that''s a little way off yet and things are certainly happening that you can not possibly be aware of sitting behind your keybords.

I believe the press, the rumours, the management''s comments that things are certainly going on. We are being linked with good players and I have no reason to disbelieve that we are talking to people and trying to make deals happen.  We need to accept that we don''t have millions to spend though, if we pay £600,000 for Alan Lee that''s the majority of our budget gone. How do we sign two good wingers and another Striker with what''s left?? Simple: we don''t!

Bids are in, players will arrive but we need to be patient and negotiate the best possible prices. That''s happening in the press with Warnock at Palace with Pearson at Derby. We just need to ride it out and if we do miss out then so be it but we haven''t wasted our whole budget on one player to the detriment of the rest of the summer rebuilding. Perhaps we are also waiting for Clingan/Russell to talk to clubs and agree terms before freeing up further funds.

We wanted contracted players and that''s what we are getting...just be patient!

Feel free to remind me of this thread on Aug 8th and I will jump on your bandwagon should we have no further signings but I don''t think it will be the case!!

[quote user="Metatron"]Even ''free'' transfers cost money: signing-on fees, agents fees and wages. Don''t get me wrong, I''m waiting to see what happens with a striker etc, but let''s not pretend these signings so far haven''t cost any money.[/quote]

But which pot is it coming out of?

Are those who freely gave their rebate being short changed?