Sign in to follow this  
CANARY CHARGE

Is Gunn an co doing it the right way??

With 2 games down, to me its been a good job done,yes it was fakenham and Dartford,but u still have to win and score goals, it seems the trailest''s are putting out and he is not spending but watching how they perform be for committing, im not big fan of Gunn,but i seems he is going in the right  direction!!The floors open!

Well, certainly more impressed by him than Grant or Roeder, I think much will depend on the signings that come in from now, especially that elusive Targetman.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]With 2 games down, to me its been a good job done,yes it was fakenham and Dartford,but u still have to win and score goals, it seems the trailest''s are putting out and he is not spending but watching how they perform be for committing, im not big fan of Gunn,but i seems he is going in the right  direction!!

The floors open!
[/quote]

I know the trialist are eager to find clubs, but putting out is a bit desperate.

But i do agree with you i dont think there is any harm in looking at young players released by premier league clubs, aslong as they bring in one or two proven players to go with those.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]With 2 games down, to me its been a good job done,yes it was fakenham and Dartford,but u still have to win and score goals, it seems the trailest''s are putting out and he is not spending but watching how they perform be for committing, im not big fan of Gunn,but i seems he is going in the right  direction!!The floors open![/quote]

I know the trialist are eager to find clubs, but putting out is a bit desperate.

But i do agree with you i dont think there is any harm in looking at young players released by premier league clubs, aslong as they bring in one or two proven players to go with those.

[/quote]beggers cant be chosers....springs to mind,although i agree we need to shell  out somewhere! Target man a must!

I think Gunny has got it right. We have to start again from first principles. Get some young uns in, give them time, sign the odd player to fill in, build steadily from solid foundations.

We are really in the poo poo and we have to re-build but it going to take time.

Promotion this year ? Maybe, we all hope so. Two seasons max in Div 3. After that, give them some time.

It is the Gunn team that gives me hope, Chippy, Butters, Dixie they KNOW this club can don it if anyone can guide us, they can. I hope!!

[quote user="First Wizard"]Friendly results mean nowt, lets wait until 10 games in before you all get silly and carried away.[/quote]Unlesss Jamie Lad scores some goals in these meaningless games, then we''ll start a thread celebrating his return...

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]Friendly results mean nowt, lets wait until 10 games in before you all get silly and carried away.[/quote]

Unlesss Jamie Lad scores some goals in these meaningless games, then we''ll start a thread celebrating his return...

[/quote]

Thats right, neat eh Chops?

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]Friendly results mean nowt, lets wait until 10 games in before you all get silly and carried away.[/quote]Unlesss Jamie Lad scores some goals in these meaningless games, then we''ll start a thread celebrating his return...

[/quote]

[/quote]Well, I guess at least you admit you''re a hypocrite. 

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]Friendly results mean nowt, lets wait until 10 games in before you all get silly and carried away.[/quote]

Unlesss Jamie Lad scores some goals in these meaningless games, then we''ll start a thread celebrating his return...

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, I guess at least you admit you''re a hypocrite. 
[/quote]

Err No, I didn''t admit it, I just ain''t spending all Sunday ''playing'' word games with you because you''''re bored again!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]Friendly results mean nowt, lets wait until 10 games in before you all get silly and carried away.[/quote]Unlesss Jamie Lad scores some goals in these meaningless games, then we''ll start a thread celebrating his return...

[/quote]

[/quote]Well, I guess at least you admit you''re a hypocrite.  [/quote]

Err No, I didn''t admit it, I just ain''t spending all Sunday ''playing'' word games with you because you''''re bored again!

[/quote]I''m certainly not bored, but I am incredibly bored by you.And I would bet you any amount of money that if we''d lost against Dartford, you would not be suggesting the games "mean nothing".  You should try supporting the team Wiz, you might enjoy it.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I''m certainly not bored, but I am incredibly bored by you.[/quote]

So stop replying to me! bye bye!

[/quote]Oh, you wish.  Unfortunately, when people are idiots, I feel compelled to tell them so.  It''s probably a character failing on my part, but I just can''t help myself; and whenever I read your drivel, it makes me feel just a tiny bit better to know you''re quite clear on what I think of you.  And before you retort with another lame comeback, be very clear that whether you care what I think of you or not is entirely irrelevant to me. 

[quote user="Mister Chops"]And I would bet you any amount of money that if we''d lost against Dartford, you would not be suggesting the games "mean nothing".[/quote]Rather confirmed by this, from the match thread yesterday...[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]watch this space.....stays 1-1 the witch hunt will start!

[/quote]

And rightly so.

[/quote]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Mister Chops"]And I would bet you any amount of money that if we''d lost against Dartford, you would not be suggesting the games "mean nothing".[/quote]
Rather confirmed by this, from the match thread yesterday...
[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]watch this space.....stays 1-1 the witch hunt will start!

[/quote]

And rightly so.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Problem Humphrey?.............I stand by that.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Mister Chops"]And I would bet you any amount of money that if we''d lost against Dartford, you would not be suggesting the games "mean nothing".[/quote]Rather confirmed by this, from the match thread yesterday...[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]watch this space.....stays 1-1 the witch hunt will start!

[/quote]

And rightly so.

[/quote][/quote]

Problem Humphrey?.............I stand by that.

[/quote]Surely as an older man, with the greatest respect of course, you should be acting a little more mature than you are?

Do calm down please ladies.

Back to the question. I''m quite impressed with the way ''The Management Team'' have started this pre-season.

They''re trying to get the correct players on permanent contracts in correct positions, using trials to ensure they know what they''re getting before signing ''crap'' and the money freed up from the immanent sales of Clingan and Russell will allow us to buy at least one decent striker.

In all the pre-season is providing me with more optimism than i expected.

So far they have done nothing , signed anyone of note ? NO ,won any important matches ? NO, lost any important matches? YES 5 of the last 6 last season securing relegation. The proof will be there after about 10 league games as to whether they can get us out of this league or are the incompetents a large majority of City fans believe them to be , be patient all will be revealed in time.

While 2 pre-season wins is a start, don''t forget Spurs hammered us 5-1 last summer however then had their worst start to a season ever.

Friendlies mean nothing, i won''t slate the team if they lose a friendly but neither am i going to get excited over this win.

I do however feel Gunn is doing a solid job with his transfer business at the moment, sign a striker and i''l be relatively happy with the squad going into the season. There''s still another 6 weeks to bring in players so be patient and we''ll see how things turn out.