[quote user="LQ"]Fleeces???

Did you say FLEECES???

That implies they''re sheep!

Here we go...

[/quote]

Sheep need fleecing.

Maybe that''s why we''re so unwanted?

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="BA"][quote user="Romantic"]I think this is right. If someone was genuinely tempted they could simply make an aggressive offer in the public and the pressure would be on for a release. Look at how many knickers got twisted when Cullum started making noise and ultimately I don''t think that an offer actually materialised. [/quote]Dont spoil their fun[/quote]

Deary me. You call it fun. Dear oh dear.

Anybody, any institution launching a ''hostile takeover bid'' or seeking to ''invest aggressively and heavily and have some control'' would have to take into account the considerable and potentially very dangerous adverse public relations effects of going to war with one of the nations ''favourite'', ''nice'', ''one of us'' women - the ''sainted'' Delia.One can just imagine the howls from the popular press. 

I think this was why Peter Cullum balked and rather quickly backed out.

The PR risk is just too, too high - to both pocket and reputation alike.

OTBC

[/quote]

Someone has not been paying attention - NCFC could never be the target for a hostile takeover as Delia and MWJ are the majority shareholders.

[/quote]What about with an angry mob carrying pitchforks and blazing torches marching from St Andrews Hall to Stowmarket, chanting, "where''s our rebate gone"? [/quote]

They would never make it, half would get lost, a quarter would accidentally set themselves on fire and the rest would stab themselves with their own pitchforks.

[/quote]What about if the NCISA organised it, it would be alright then wouldn''t it? Tilly at the head with a police torch and the rest of the board behind in identifying fleeces, it would be like the film 300, but it would be the 500. Awesome.  [/quote]

Not really.

And I doubt if short fat barmen would even make it as far as half way.

OTBC

[/quote]I feared for a moment you had passed an opinion, but you added the ''doubt'' so that you could maintain your usual exam question style of posting. Discuss.  

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Not a sniff of a purchaser.

Not a sniff of an investor.

Why are we so unwanted? Why are we the poor relation?

Who has the answer?

OTBC

[/quote]

Interesting how the few usual suspects will not discuss why we are so unwanted - prefering to engage in silly diversionary tactics and complaining when people use logic and some words of more than two syllables.

But I guess they can''t face the answer.

Still. One love.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Who has the answer?

OTBC

[/quote]

Interesting how the few usual suspects will not discuss why we are so unwanted - prefering to engage in silly diversionary tactics and complaining when people use logic and some words of more than two syllables.

Still. One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

Over an hour since someone replied to "your" thread then bbb? Are you using keepmytopicatthetopmonitor or have you tried the new version of bumpmythreadalarm?

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Who has the answer?

OTBC

[/quote]

Still. One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

Over an hour since someone replied to "your" thread then bbb? Are you using keepmytopicatthetopmonitor or have you tried the new version of bumpmythreadalarm?

[/quote]

See what I mean.

Right on schedule, delia dear.

Why don''t you try answering the question? Why are we so unwanted?

C''mon, give it a try.

The truth may even set you free.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"] Why don''t you try answering the question? Why are we so unwanted?[/quote]Try rephrasing the question Bly.........

Why are YOU so unwanted?

[;)]

COYY

[quote user="mastoola"]Why can''t people get that delia just does not want to sell the club.End of story.[/quote]

Because that would open her to criticism...

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"] Why don''t you try answering the question? Why are we so unwanted?[/quote]Try rephrasing the question Bly.........

Why are YOU so unwanted?

[;)]

COYY

[/quote]

No problem.

You can go back now.

Unless of course you want to pause and discuss the question that you are apparently so afraid of.

The club is unwanted - fact. So unwanted by investors that they won''t touch it with a barge pole. Why?

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="lappinitup"]

Why are YOU so unwanted?

[;)]

COYY

[/quote]

No problem.

You can go back now.

Unless of course you want to pause and discuss the question that you are apparently so afraid of.

The club is unwanted - fact. So unwanted by investors that they won''t touch it with a barge pole. Why?

OTBC

[/quote]slow witted Country Bumpkins with straw hanging out of our ears,Erm...... Its not a perception.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"] Why don''t you try answering the question? Why are we so unwanted?[/quote]Try rephrasing the question Bly.........

Why are YOU so unwanted?

[;)]

COYY[/quote]No problem.

You can go back now.

OTBC[/quote]As I said at the beginning of the thread, I don''t do "discuss" ...............Sir!

[:P]

COYY

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"] Why don''t you try answering the question? Why are we so unwanted?[/quote]Try rephrasing the question Bly.........

Why are YOU so unwanted?

[;)]

COYY[/quote]No problem.

You can go back now.

OTBC

[/quote]As I said at the beginning of the thread, I don''t do "discuss" ...............Sir!

[:P]

COYY

[/quote]

Well, let''s make it easier for you Lapp.

Just answer the question the best way you know how - no need for elaborating via discussion.

Go on. Just try.

We promise not to laugh - and we''d give you two brownie points for effort.

OTBD

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Who has the answer?

OTBC

[/quote]

Still. One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

See what I mean.

C''mon, give it a try.

OTBC

[/quote]

How about we discuss your ego problem? Let us start with why you continue to start threads covering subjects that are either very obscure or have been covered a hundred times before (although dressed up in your own particular pseudo babble waffle)? I would assume that you see yourself as a "big cheese" on this Forum and that having no particular current knowledge of football or NCFC you must make a point in the most "impresive" way that you can. I will not enter into a football discussion with you on this or any other subject that you raise because, as I mentioned before, it has all been said previously and you have been around this Forum long enough to know that.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Who has the answer?

OTBC

[/quote]

Still. One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

See what I mean.

C''mon, give it a try.

OTBC

[/quote]

How about we discuss your ego problem? Let us start with why you continue to start threads covering subjects that are either very obscure or have been covered a hundred times before (although dressed up in your own particular pseudo babble waffle)? I would assume that you see yourself as a "big cheese" on this Forum and that having no particular current knowledge of football or NCFC you must make a point in the most "impresive" way that you can. I will not enter into a football discussion with you on this or any other subject that you raise because, as I mentioned before, it has all been said previously and you have been around this Forum long enough to know that.

[/quote]

You well know what the answer to my question is.

You just can''t admit it. And take refuge instead in victim psychology from the depths of an evident inferiority complex.

Sad.

Stop forming the ass - and face facts.

Dear oh dear.

OTBC

I''d imagine the answer to the original question to be something much more simple than anything i''ve seen posted here thus far and it''s this...

Delia Smith wants people to throw millions of pounds in the club but not have any say in how it''s run.

Thats the crux of it, and in the middle of one of the worst financial climates the world has seen thats not a very attractive prospect for anyone.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Who has the answer?

OTBC

[/quote]

Still. One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

See what I mean.

C''mon, give it a try.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

So if this issue has been covered Hundreds of times enlighten us to the outcomes.....Discuss

[quote user="Big Dog "]

[quote user="mastoola"]Why can''t people get that delia just does not want to sell the club.End of story.[/quote]

Because that would open her to criticism...

[/quote]

so what you are saying is half the people knoe is to be true and the other half are in denial.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]So if this issue has been covered Hundreds of times enlighten us to the outcomes.....Discuss[/quote]

Arrrrrthurrrr!!! You''re not taking the mickey are you? Discuss! hehehehehehe!!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Who has the answer?

OTBC

[/quote]

Realistically you have Southampton who have been bought for a steal  because they were  in receivership, Newcastle are attracting interest because they could go tits up with the debt and wage bill and Ashley is desaperate to sell etc etc, other than that I don''t see many Clubs attracting big wedges of investment or buyouts in the current climate.

So, as unattractive as this conclusion is to the Delia haters, unless they are prepared to give the Club away it ain''t likely to happen, and let''s face it - who would give it away in their position? 

[quote user="Ex-greenoschin"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Who has the answer?

OTBC

[/quote]

Realistically you have Southampton who have been bought for a steal  because they were  in receivership, Newcastle are attracting interest because they could go tits up with the debt and wage bill and Ashley is desaperate to sell etc etc, other than that I don''t see many Clubs attracting big wedges of investment or buyouts in the current climate.

So, as unattractive as this conclusion is to the Delia haters, unless they are prepared to give the Club away it ain''t likely to happen, and let''s face it - who would give it away in their position? 

[/quote]

But certain people said they would. Norwich is a massive attraction to would be Investors but it seems the goal posts keep moving.

Who has the answer?

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Delia said she would if someone came along with £20m to invest in the team. Funny she chose that amount. Still I guess it didn''t matter as nobody did come along did they. Not as if a billionaire came calling and she refused to speak to him. Oh hang on...........

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Delia said she would if someone came along with £20m to invest in the team. Funny she chose that amount. Still I guess it didn''t matter as nobody did come along did they. Not as if a billionaire came calling and she refused to speak to him. Oh hang on...........

[/quote]Jim, I''m getting confused! Are you saying there was someone else other than Cullum who started bandying around the figure of £20m? Because what you saying about Delia refusing to talk to some billionaire certainly doesn''t apply to her and Cullum. She talked to Cullum. And you don''t need to take my word for (though I KNOW you would). Cullum said so:“I had conference calls [note the plural] with Delia,

Michael, Andrew Turner and Neil Doncaster.”

Jim, I''m getting confused! Are you saying there was someone else other

than Cullum who started bandying around the figure of £20m? Because

what you saying about Delia refusing to talk to some billionaire

certainly doesn''t apply to her and Cullum. She talked to Cullum. And

you don''t need to take my word for (though I KNOW you would). Cullum

said so:"I had conference calls [note the plural] with Delia, Michael, Andrew Turner and Neil Doncaster."

Who has the answer?

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t hate Delia - nor do most of us who have similar views to mine.

We just think that she''s been failing in her mission for several years now. She''s well past her expiry date and things have gotten pretty rotten in the world of Norwich City.

It''s simply time for a change. Renewal is necessary in any phase of life - and by her words and actions it is pretty clear that she doesn''t think anybody short perhaps of the Bishop of Norwich is good enough to take over from her. One suspects that it''s a case of believing one''s own publicity - a common affliction of those whom the press now worship and term ''celebrities''.

OTBC

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Jim, I''m getting confused! Are you saying there was someone else other than Cullum who started bandying around the figure of £20m? Because what you saying about Delia refusing to talk to some billionaire certainly doesn''t apply to her and Cullum. She talked to Cullum. And you don''t need to take my word for (though I KNOW you would). Cullum said so:

"I had conference calls [note the plural] with Delia, Michael, Andrew Turner and Neil Doncaster."

[/quote]

Not doubting you PC but that is the first time I have seen that quote.

Discussion with Turner yes but........

Can you supply chapter and verse please.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Ex-greenoschin"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Who has the answer?

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t hate Delia - nor do most of us who have similar views to mine.

We just think that she''s been failing in her mission for several years now. She''s well past her expiry date and things have gotten pretty rotten in the world of Norwich City.

It''s simply time for a change. Renewal is necessary in any phase of life - and by her words and actions it is pretty clear that she doesn''t think anybody short perhaps of the Bishop of Norwich is good enough to take over from her. One suspects that it''s a case of believing one''s own publicity - a common affliction of those whom the press now worship and term ''celebrities''.

OTBC

[/quote]

I don''t hate Delia........I just don''t like her very much.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Jim, I''m getting confused! Are you saying there was someone else other than Cullum who started bandying around the figure of £20m? Because what you saying about Delia refusing to talk to some billionaire certainly doesn''t apply to her and Cullum. She talked to Cullum. And you don''t need to take my word for (though I KNOW you would). Cullum said so:"I had conference calls [note the plural] with Delia, Michael, Andrew Turner and Neil Doncaster."[/quote]

Not doubting you PC but that is the first time I have seen that quote.

Discussion with Turner yes but........

Can you supply chapter and verse please.

[/quote]Gladly, Butler! The quotes are from him on the day he went public and refer, of course, to what happened when he first approached the club. Just to give a bit extra:He said: “I had dinner with Charles Clarke and I then realised that the

sole aim of the dinner was for him to persuade me to provide some

finance for Norwich City. I made contact in October last year with City chief executive Neil

Doncaster. Norwich were bottom of the league, five points adrift and in

trouble. I had conference calls with Delia, Michael, Andrew Turner and

Neil Doncaster about what I was prepared to do.”As to discussions with Turner, I suspect you''re talking about the talks Cullum had after he went public. In that case it is my understanding (that is code for "I know") that the talks were face to face, and involved two NCFC directors, neither of whom is still an NCFC director. Although that doesn''t narrow the field down much!

Despite the denial its flippin obvious what happened.The Turners urged her to come to an agreement with Cullum, she refused, they walked.

[quote user="ref89"]Despite the denial its flippin obvious what happened.

The Turners urged her to come to an agreement with Cullum, she refused, they walked.

[/quote]

Add to that Bowketts letter from the trust stating that the board thought they were acting on behalf of Cullum and therefore would not talk to them and i think it`s fairly easy to deduce what D and M`s reaction was to Cullums approach- probably something along the lines of "How dare he.  I saved the club don`t you know"......

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="ref89"]Despite the denial its flippin obvious what happened.

The Turners urged her to come to an agreement with Cullum, she refused, they walked.

[/quote]

Add to that Bowketts letter from the trust stating that the board thought they were acting on behalf of Cullum and therefore would not talk to them and i think it`s fairly easy to deduce what D and M`s reaction was to Cullums approach- probably something along the lines of "How dare he.  I saved the club don`t you know"......

[/quote]

Saved her waning career from nose diving for a year or two maybe.......