Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Why are we so unwanted? Discuss.

[quote user="ref89"]Despite the denial its flippin obvious what happened.

The Turners urged her to come to an agreement with Cullum, she refused, they walked.

[/quote]  Yep that is exactly what happened they wanted him on board and pushed it as far as they could until it became clear they were banging their heads against a brick wall.

[quote user="JF"][quote user="ref89"]Despite the denial its flippin obvious what happened.The Turners urged her to come to an agreement with Cullum, she refused, they walked.

[/quote]  Yep that is exactly what happened they wanted him on board and pushed it as far as they could until it became clear they were banging their heads against a brick wall.[/quote]That is completely without foundation and (as it happens) totally untrue.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Jim, I''m getting confused! Are you saying there was someone else other than Cullum who started bandying around the figure of £20m? Because what you saying about Delia refusing to talk to some billionaire certainly doesn''t apply to her and Cullum. She talked to Cullum. And you don''t need to take my word for (though I KNOW you would). Cullum said so:

"I had conference calls [note the plural] with Delia, Michael, Andrew Turner and Neil Doncaster."

[/quote]

Purple I don''t quite get the relevancy of the capitalisation of the "I know" in your post but I am saying that Delia herself came out with the figure of £20m during that radio interview when she said she did not think the fans would forgive her if someone came along with £20m to put into the team and she stood in their way. That was after Cullum made his £20m offer through the press. I find it hard to fathom wht she would pick that figure and make that statement given what she obviosuly knew?

I accept that when Cullum made his initial approach (which I think involved a loan of £5m) he spoke to Delia and MWJ but when he came back in at the start of last season with the £20m claim I do not believe they spoke - which ties up with what you say above about him speaking with Munby and Doncaster in a telecon. I also say this because MWJ himself told me at a fans forum last August that he knew no more than was in the press about what Cullum was offering as he had not spoken to him that time around. He then said, and I quote, "what am i supposed to do, chase after this bloke and ask him to buy my club" to which i replied yes maybe you should!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Jim, I''m getting confused! Are you saying there was someone else other than Cullum who started bandying around the figure of £20m? Because what you saying about Delia refusing to talk to some billionaire certainly doesn''t apply to her and Cullum. She talked to Cullum. And you don''t need to take my word for (though I KNOW you would). Cullum said so:

"I had conference calls [note the plural] with Delia, Michael, Andrew Turner and Neil Doncaster."

[/quote]

Purple I don''t quite get the relevancy of the capitalisation of the "I know" in your post but I am saying that Delia herself came out with the figure of £20m during that radio interview when she said she did not think the fans would forgive her if someone came along with £20m to put into the team and she stood in their way. That was after Cullum made his £20m offer through the press. I find it hard to fathom wht she would pick that figure and make that statement given what she obviosuly knew?

I accept that when Cullum made his initial approach (which I think involved a loan of £5m) he spoke to Delia and MWJ but when he came back in at the start of last season with the £20m claim I do not believe they spoke - which ties up with what you say above about him speaking with Munby and Doncaster in a telecon. I also say this because MWJ himself told me at a fans forum last August that he knew no more than was in the press about what Cullum was offering as he had not spoken to him that time around. He then said, and I quote, "what am i supposed to do, chase after this bloke and ask him to buy my club" to which i replied yes maybe you should!

[/quote]

Sorry the radio interview was after he had made his approach to the club but before it came out in the press which makes her quote even more annoying!

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="JF"][quote user="ref89"]Despite the denial its flippin obvious what happened.

The Turners urged her to come to an agreement with Cullum, she refused, they walked.

[/quote]  Yep that is exactly what happened they wanted him on board and pushed it as far as they could until it became clear they were banging their heads against a brick wall.[/quote]

That is completely without foundation and (as it happens) totally untrue.

[/quote]

Well, if they didn''t want him on board (your words) then they are as culpable as her in the matter.

You can''t have it both ways (as it happens)

OTBC

I enjoy your assumption that Peter Cullum''s proposed deal would have seen us in a better position now than we currently are.

[quote user="LQ"]I enjoy your assumption that Peter Cullum''s proposed deal would have seen us in a better position now than we currently are.

[/quote]

Yes because obviously if we were owned by a BILLIONAIRE we would have been relegated to the third tier for the first time in 50 plus years. We would certainly not have been in a worse position and I would bet good money we would be in a better position than we are now. Plus he might know something about football which would immediately place him at an advantage in comparison to the cook.

Miles from anywhere, an airport with flights to absolutely nowhere, the A11, no motorways, behind the times, unfashionable and in League One.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]Jim, been out trying to have a life and only just seen your reply! Without repeating too much what I''ve said before, the point is this. Many fans believe that when Cullum made his first and only approach he was snubbed by the board; that they refused to talk to him. Simply not true. Talks were arranged promptly. Discussions (plural) held. My understanding is that Cullum was given a crash course in football finance generally and NCFC''s finances in particular. It was all business-like and proper, and Cullum, significantly, never said otherwise.The other point is that, with respect, you are mistaken to think Cullum''s first proposal was was £5m and the £20m figure only came when he went public via the EDP. The proposal always had been for £20m. It is just that initially it was split up - £5m for the January 2008 transfer window and then £15m in the summer. When he went public in the summer he simply added the £5m and the £15m together.

[quote user="LQ"]I enjoy your assumption that Peter Cullum''s proposed deal would have seen us in a better position now than we currently are.

[/quote]

As you seem to claim that you know so much of what is not general knowledge... one can either assume that you are a pretty mediocre PR plant on here... or my personal choice, a jumped up smart arse hoping the locals will be impressed by such deluded and inane speel...

Deluded smart arse p1ssing in the wind is my guess.

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="JF"][quote user="ref89"]Despite the denial its flippin obvious what happened.

[/quote]  Yep that is exactly what happened they wanted him on board and pushed it as far as they could until it became clear they were banging their heads against a brick wall.[/quote]

That is completely without foundation and (as it happens) totally untrue.

[/quote]  Really! Ok then we will agree to disagree on that.

Jim Smith,

You appear to be wrong with your timing:

Radio interview 19th Feb 2008

Peter Cullum offer 20th June 2008 (or at least this being reported by EDP)

Have you not wondered why PC "offered" £20M and not say £15M or £25M? Also Smith would have looked pretty stupid to have said what she did had the Cullum offer been in the public arena before 19th Feb 2008.

[quote user="St. Cluck"]

[/quote]

As you seem to claim that you know so much of what is not general knowledge... one can either assume that you are a pretty mediocre PR plant on here... or my personal choice, a jumped up smart arse hoping the locals will be impressed by such deluded and inane speel...

Deluded smart arse p1ssing in the wind is my role on this board

[/quote]At last he admits it, oh, and spiel is spelt like this you lunk.

[/quote]

Would it not have?

Or are you going to continue playing coy?

One love.

OTBC 

[/quote]

Oh look, someone who sits in the Wensum end of the City Stand - is privy to all things behind closed boardroom doors.....

"We''re not worthy.....we''re not worthy"....Donny''s gone now dear, time to change tack, or maybe drop the outboard to get you safely into harbour.

If you going to come out with such a quote.....show us the beef....not the oxtail.

[quote user="corbs"]If its a choice between a Cook and an Insurance magnate, then I choose the Cook. If you do not deliver as a cook then you are going to fail, so you really do need to produce. I just do not see the Insurance business in the same light. Now your going to tell me Delia is not just a Cook are you not...........?[/quote]

Feck me... talk about using a hundred words when none at all would have sufficed........

Cook? Insurance man? Lighthouse Keeper? Fishmonger? Lumberjack? Knobjockey?

Dear me.... a loser is a loser whatever label you care to put on it. Smith hasn''t delivered so she has surely failed. Peter Cullum however has not been hoodwinked like our other new cardboard Board Members... so Peter Cullum therefore is a winner......

Simple...... (aren''t you?)....