Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Why are we so unwanted? Discuss.

[quote user="BA"][quote user="Romantic"]

I think this is right. If someone was genuinely tempted they could simply make an aggressive offer in the public and the pressure would be on for a release. Look at how many knickers got twisted when Cullum started making noise and ultimately I don''t think that an offer actually materialised.
[/quote]

Dont spoil their fun
[/quote]

Deary me. You call it fun. Dear oh dear.

Anybody, any institution launching a ''hostile takeover bid'' or seeking to ''invest aggressively and heavily and have some control'' would have to take into account the considerable and potentially very dangerous adverse public relations effects of going to war with one of the nations ''favourite'', ''nice'', ''one of us'' women - the ''sainted'' Delia.One can just imagine the howls from the popular press. 

I think this was why Peter Cullum balked and rather quickly backed out.

The PR risk is just too, too high - to both pocket and reputation alike.

OTBC

agreed .

look when ever sky sports interview a norwich fan is has to be the most likely country person they could find .

i have lived my life in norwich and think where did thet find that person from.?

your right this is delias toy and she has broken it.

the fans deserve better and the fans derserve a better club that should never be in this position to start with .

and what ever anyone says about robert chase he has much more of an idea than delia ever will .

we were a club that made stars and made a profit same as a lot of middle of the road premiership clubs now .

bringing in a untried manager at championship level is suicide (grant).

and another that has failed and caused bad feelings where ever he had been (roeder) was nothing more than crazy .

wolves wage budget was 9 million pound ours was 8 million .

we got relegated wolves got promoted very poor management i would say .

[quote user="John Morlar"]

I believe that no one will invest in us because of the image of us, the Norwich/ Norfolk people. I think that due to the perception that we are thick, slow witted Country Bumpkins with straw hanging out of our ears, no body with any money would wish to be associated with us. You only need to read Jeremy Clarkson and his belief that we still point at cars to get some idea how we are perceived. I am Norwich born and bred, but I often cringe when I hear my fellow Norfolk citizens speak on the Radio or on TV. To listen to Radio Norfolk after a game is a big embarassment, we sound really thick don''t we ? I remember cringeing when Robert Chase was interviewed back in the glory days, his accent was typical of the way we all speak hear in Naaridge, well at least it was to an outsider. I am often saddened when the few ex Norwich players and managers who have left and gone on to better things never seem to mention the fact that we ever employed them. Andy Townsend, Martin ONeill, Steve Bruce, Craig Bellamy, Dean Ashton, Gary Megson etc all seem to suffer from amnesia as far as we are concerned. We seem to suffer from a pitying condescending poor old Norwich image to the rest of the world , any success we had in the past seemed to be looked on as plucky little Norwich playing with the big boys , out of their depth never mind the fact that we deserved that bit of success. I hate being personal, but the image of our club is not improved by Auntie Delia and Uncle Michael and their surrogate son Bryan, we really look as if Norwich City is some kind of hobby to them , not a Professional Football Club trying to succeed in the 21st Century. We never see Marcus Evans at Ipswich, maybe he is right in hiding away, at least his choice of Manager shows an attempt at going for success whatever we may say about him. In closing, I would just like to say thank-you for giving me the opportunity to answer the above question, please don''t attack me to hard  !

[/quote]

Enjoyable read....

However... don''t be too harsh on the accent. It''s no worse than Geordie or Brum... both only being considered acceptable because they are seen as "trendy" and "urban" by the media. Cornish, Somerset and Dorset are just as broad but somehow come with an "upmarket" tag

Give me Norwich as a City and the people of Norfolk any day....and on the whole I''d say we are more shrewd and open minded than most. Everywhere has it''s fools... but us no more than most places I''ve been to.......

Of course it helped when we didn''t have a football team which wasn''t a laughing stock....thanks to Smith.

Bly, instead of calling for discussion with "piffle" as your bait offering why don''t you, just for fun, "slide in" an opinion on something other than NCFC. Try turnips, Chinese zipper quality, pink coaaxial cable for "happy" people, Labor MP''s who have turned, Cornish hens before they''ve been baked to nothing. Anything, I don''t care. I just want to see if your opinion on other things is as dumb as you appear to strive for on NCFC. Perhaps Lapp is right....you''re an ex teacher that was part of the "new approach" that has so many young people screwed up and lacking the basics of a decent education. You see, teachers who did their job provided questions and correct answers.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]Bly, instead of calling for discussion with "piffle" as your bait offering why don''t you, just for fun, "slide in" an opinion on something other than NCFC. Try turnips, Chinese zipper quality, pink coaaxial cable for "happy" people, Labor MP''s who have turned, Cornish hens before they''ve been baked to nothing. Anything, I don''t care. I just want to see if your opinion on other things is as dumb as you appear to strive for on NCFC. Perhaps Lapp is right....you''re an ex teacher that was part of the "new approach" that has so many young people screwed up and lacking the basics of a decent education. You see, teachers who did their job provided questions and correct answers.[/quote]

The more silly insults the better Yankee. It shows I''ve touched a raw nerve.

The question bugs you. Makes you uncomfortable. Good.

Come on, try it. Or are you chicken?

''Why are we so unwanted?''

C''mon, try it.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]Bly, instead of calling for discussion with "piffle" as your bait offering why don''t you, just for fun, "slide in" an opinion on something other than NCFC. Try turnips, Chinese zipper quality, pink coaaxial cable for "happy" people, Labor MP''s who have turned, Cornish hens before they''ve been baked to nothing. Anything, I don''t care. I just want to see if your opinion on other things is as dumb as you appear to strive for on NCFC. Perhaps Lapp is right....you''re an ex teacher that was part of the "new approach" that has so many young people screwed up and lacking the basics of a decent education. You see, teachers who did their job provided questions and correct answers.[/quote]

The more silly insults the better Yankee. It shows I''ve touched a raw nerve.

The question bugs you. Makes you uncomfortable. Good.

Come on, try it. Or are you chicken?

C''mon, try it.

OTBC

[/quote]

Bly, I am not ready to insult you. I was really just asking for you to give an opinion with substance on something ( anything ) so I can then form a true assessment of you without prejudice ( including an insult if necessary ). Come on, look in your notes. You must have an opinion on something based upon substance. Look for a good newspaper column and plagiarize it....I don''t care, because I will see that you support something for a reason. The "piffle" that accompany almost every single thread you initiate ( and you initiate a lot of ''em ) is just filler, mortar with no cement, an artist with no canvas, a poet with no meaning etc. Come on Bly, come up with an opinion on something, anything, and make a solid argument to back it up.  

[/quote]Buy a paper

[quote user="mastoola"]Why can''t people get that delia just does not want to sell the club.End of story.[/quote]

I have been saying the same thing for years, she has been here for 13 years now and all she has done is Turn the clock back 50 years, where were we before she came?, In the 1 st div as it was known, And playing football in Europe, We were a feared team, Now we are a broken outfit with a cook in charge

[quote user="mastoola"]Why can''t people get that delia just does not want to sell the club.End of story.[/quote]

Simply, the damn cook won''t let anyone else but her, want us!

she has invested in the club lost the club alot of money but wont move untill she gets back what she has put in .

this is not going to happen as she cant run the club properly and has no idea .

catch 22 situation and the club suffers in the meantime untill its on its knees and she has no choice but to walk away .

the slow decline over the last decade tells its own story ..

Do Yankee and IBA have family connections?

Just asking.

I don''t.

OTBC

[/quote]

No family connections for you Bly? Disowned? It would explain a lot.

Part of the problem is that we have assets which underpin the loans. If we didn''t any buyer would probably be able to cut a deal with the banks as happend with ipswich and buy the debt for a knockdown price. Ironic therefore that on that front being reasonably well run in terms of accumulating property assets in some ways makes us less attractive.

However i agree with the main point above. Until it is proven to the contrary I am convinced that harris has been instructed to find investment and not a new buyer for the club i.e. someone to bung us a couple of million in return maybe for a seat on the board. In the current climate nobody is going to do that. They might take a punt on buying the club as it would mean they would have control over how it is run. I genuinley do not think Delia has any aspiration to sell or if she does is asking too much for the shares. If that is the case her various public statements that she would walk away for nothing if the right person came along are unfortunate. I also think the criteria they set down for potential buyers was far too narrow for far too long and this probably prevented people coming forward at a time where there was more money about a couple of years ago.

I still personally believe Cullum was our big chance and we blew it.

[quote user="Felixfan"]The main problem is that we are asset rich and cash poor.[/quote]

......Which is exactly what Watling said was our biggest problem when he bailed us out from Chase.  And unbelievably the current lot have taken us even further up the same creek without a paddle whilst the gullible played along to the "saviour Delia" and "infinate patience" tune, whilst the club sleepwalked over a cliff. 

I think this is right. If someone was genuinely tempted they could simply make an aggressive offer in the public and the pressure would be on for a release. Look at how many knickers got twisted when Cullum started making noise and ultimately I don''t think that an offer actually materialised.
[/quote]

Dont spoil their fun
[/quote]

Anybody, any institution launching a ''hostile takeover bid'' or seeking to ''invest aggressively and heavily and have some control'' would have to take into account the considerable and potentially very dangerous adverse public relations effects of going to war with one of the nations ''favourite'', ''nice'', ''one of us'' women - the ''sainted'' Delia.One can just imagine the howls from the popular press. 

OTBC

[/quote]

Someone has not been paying attention - NCFC could never be the target for a hostile takeover as Delia and MWJ are the majority shareholders.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="BA"][quote user="Romantic"]I think this is right. If someone was genuinely tempted they could simply make an aggressive offer in the public and the pressure would be on for a release. Look at how many knickers got twisted when Cullum started making noise and ultimately I don''t think that an offer actually materialised. [/quote]Dont spoil their fun[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

Someone has not been paying attention - NCFC could never be the target for a hostile takeover as Delia and MWJ are the majority shareholders.

[/quote]What about with an angry mob carrying pitchforks and blazing torches marching from St Andrews Hall to Stowmarket, chanting, "where''s our rebate gone"?

[quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

Dont spoil their fun
[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

What about with an angry mob carrying pitchforks and blazing torches marching from St Andrews Hall to Stowmarket, chanting, "where''s our rebate gone"?
[/quote]

They would never make it, half would get lost, a quarter would accidentally set themselves on fire and the rest would stab themselves with their own pitchforks.

Not a sniff of a purchaser.

Not a sniff of an investor.

Why are we so unwanted? Why are we the poor relation?

Who has the answer?

OTBC

[/quote]

we aren''t its just hard to buy something when the owner doesn''t want to sell isnt it????

Their hand can be forced.. but its not an avenue we would want to explore (Administration) if it came to it then she would gte what the Administrators thought the club was worth... Millwall were purchased for £1.... that might be all Delia gets for her club with nothing she can do about it....

is she prepared to take the risk?

jas :)

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

Dont spoil their fun
[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

so someone couldnt purchase Foulgers and one other board members shares then and get an automatic place on the board owning almost half the club themselves?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Who has the answer?

OTBC

[/quote]

we aren''t its just hard to buy something when the owner doesn''t want to sell isnt it????

Their hand can be forced.. but its not an avenue we would want to explore (Administration) if it came to it then she would gte what the Administrators thought the club was worth... Millwall were purchased for £1.... that might be all Delia gets for her club with nothing she can do about it....

[/quote]

Pray tell how the club can be forced into Administration? And don''t say by boycotting the games and merchandise because you know that will never work.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Who has the answer?

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pray tell how the club can be forced into Administration? And don''t say by boycotting the games and merchandise because you know that will never work.

[/quote]

i havent said the club can be forced into administration.. read what i said again.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

Dont spoil their fun
[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

so someone couldnt purchase Foulgers and one other board members shares then and get an automatic place on the board owning almost half the club themselves?

[/quote]

You have answered your own question, you need to own the majority of shares for a hostile takeover.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

Dont spoil their fun
[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

What about with an angry mob carrying pitchforks and blazing torches marching from St Andrews Hall to Stowmarket, chanting, "where''s our rebate gone"?
[/quote]

They would never make it, half would get lost, a quarter would accidentally set themselves on fire and the rest would stab themselves with their own pitchforks.

[/quote]

Well, well.

I always fetl  that was maybe what you really thought of your football customers Delia, dear.

By their words ye shall know them. Indeed.

Dear oh dear oh dear.

OTBC

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="BA"][quote user="Romantic"]I think this is right. If someone was genuinely tempted they could simply make an aggressive offer in the public and the pressure would be on for a release. Look at how many knickers got twisted when Cullum started making noise and ultimately I don''t think that an offer actually materialised. [/quote]Dont spoil their fun[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]What about with an angry mob carrying pitchforks and blazing torches marching from St Andrews Hall to Stowmarket, chanting, "where''s our rebate gone"? [/quote]

[/quote]What about if the NCISA organised it, it would be alright then wouldn''t it? Tilly at the head with a police torch and the rest of the board behind in identifying fleeces, it would be like the film 300, but it would be the 500. Awesome. 

Fleeces???Did you say FLEECES???That implies they''re sheep!Here we go...

[quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

Dont spoil their fun
[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What about if the NCISA organised it, it would be alright then wouldn''t it? Tilly at the head with a police torch and the rest of the board behind in identifying fleeces, it would be like the film 300, but it would be the 500. Awesome. 
[/quote]

Not really.

And I doubt if short fat barmen would even make it as far as half way.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

Dont spoil their fun
[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, well.

I always fetl  that was maybe what you really thought of your football customers Delia, dear.

By their words ye shall know them. Indeed.

Dear oh dear oh dear.

OTBC

[/quote]

Your very reply bears out my observation - now off you trot and have a good "fetl" with your pitchfork, torch and book of big words.

[quote user="LQ"]Fleeces???Did you say FLEECES???That implies they''re sheep!Here we go...

[/quote]I clearly meant those ones made from recycled lemonade bottles or whatever with a zip. Don''t start loading me with your prejudices! I have great faith in the NCISA, they''re keeping a place warm for me by the barricades for when it all kicks off. Have you ever seen Tilly and Gerard Butler together? Suspicious eh? I understand that NCISA have already infiltrated Stephan P''s moustache and have a man in there full time feeding back key information. You read it here first.

Keith Harris has been given the job of seeking investment, not buyers. Difference is they are looking for another Carl Moore to dip into his pockets as they cant afford to, but dont want to let go of the club either. Now im not having a go at them if they cnt afford to fair enough, but if you cant afford to you shouldnt get involved with a football club. Football has been a money game for years now and they only seem to have realised this recently. If a person is not a trained bricklayer you dont become a bricklayer, its that simple. NCFC - the clue is the F stands for football.