Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Why are we so unwanted? Discuss.

Not a sniff of a purchaser.

Not a sniff of an investor.

Why are we so unwanted? Why are we the poor relation?

Who has the answer?

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Who has the answer?

OTBC

[/quote]

I think the key point here is there is no sniff of an investor. The only reason I can give is that we''re out in the sticks and/or people think yellow is too bright a colour...

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Who has the answer?

OTBC

[/quote]

Unwanted or simply unavailable Bly?

[quote user="singing canary"]delias conditions are more than likely set in stone . she dont want out ...[/quote]

[|-)] SO Keith Harris is just sitting around drinking coffee then? But that still doesn''t explain, with the (possible) expception of Cullum, why anybody hasn''t even been rumpured with a buyout...

Anyone who has made the sort of money we''d need from an investor isn''t going to be stupid enough to pay what the battered trout wants for her shares.

Clearly because we have none of the attributes the average discerning Billionaire Banker would be after. I mean look what clinched todays Southampton deal (from Southampton Echo):Markus Liebherr was attracted to Southampton by a number of

qualities which include the Club''s rich sporting heritage, loyal fan

base, first class stadium and training facilities and the potential for

the Saints to regain their rightful place at the higher echelons of

English football.

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]

[quote user="singing canary"]delias conditions are more than likely set in stone . she dont want out ...[/quote]

[|-)] SO Keith Harris is just sitting around drinking coffee then? But that still doesn''t explain, with the (possible) expception of Cullum, why anybody hasn''t even been rumpured with a buyout...

[/quote]

because delia does not want to sell the club.She has instructed harris not to sell the club but to try to get somebody to give us free money.

she say she only wants local people,bit ironic since she isnt local and doesnt even live in the same county.bit rich in my opinion.maybe she knows the local link is virtually impossible.

[quote user="singing canary"]she wants investors not to sell up . i would put money on it she still wants control of the club .[/quote]

totally agree.what you call investment i call free money.

I think location has alot to do with it and accesibility.

Maybe the duelling through Thetford will help? It''s a quick journey until you reach the 6 million roundabouts and when you finally get through the woods and back on the dual carriage way you think you are nearly home and there it is,  that bloody sign, ''Norwich 31 miles'', like a smack in the balls.

[:''(]

Maybe expanding Naarridge ''international'' and fly direct, 4x daily to Dubai with the hope of some oil $ coming in.

Or just sit tight and pray.

location is not the problem its hardly out of the way .

two and a half hours in a car you could be in the midlands or london .

other clubs round the country get investment take ipswich which is just 40 minutes down the road .

considering we had one of the richest men in the uk after us last summer that was kept very quiet for a long time should signal she wont be moved.

[quote user="KCanary"]

I think location has alot to do with it and accesibility.

Maybe the duelling through Thetford will help? It''s a quick journey until you reach the 6 million roundabouts and when you finally get through the woods and back on the dual carriage way you think you are nearly home and there it is,  that bloody sign, ''Norwich 31 miles'', like a smack in the balls.

[:''(]

Maybe expanding Naarridge ''international'' and fly direct, 4x daily to Dubai with the hope of some oil $ coming in.

Or just sit tight and pray.

[/quote]I think this is right. If someone was genuinely tempted they could simply make an aggressive offer in the public and the pressure would be on for a release. Look at how many knickers got twisted when Cullum started making noise and ultimately I don''t think that an offer actually materialised.

but we have a airport that pretty much goes everywhere in the uk .

loads of people live here and work in london its part of modern life .

teams are scattered all over the country i fail to see what difference it makes to be honest .

besides norfolk is a great place with great history and one the biggest gates in the championship and some of the premiership clubs .

delia wont sell her pride and joy even if she is making a hash of it in the process .

On balance we are scuppered by our ''perceived'' location / standing. But I suspect that we could be sold on if aggressively promoted (much like singing canary just has above). It seems to be a lethal combo of external perceptions and weak promotion.

I have just written a piece on my views about the Southampton buyout if anyone wants to read it.  I wont link to it as it would be unfair to Pete.

this is how i see it .

delia has made a hash of this club with poor choices of managers and the club has declined losing money .

if she sells the club she would have to take a financial hit of which she is not willing to take.

if she keeps it and proves everyone wrong (of which she wont) she has the last laugh .

the money she has pumped into the catering side at norwich she wont walk away from not at a loss anyway .

she has ran out of ideas hence the new board members and praying they can save her bacon.

she wont sell she has her point to prove to her doubters .

its a no win situation really .

[quote user="singing canary"]this is how i see it . delia has made a hash of this club with poor choices of managers and the club has declined losing money . if she sells the club she would have to take a financial hit of which she is not willing to take. if she keeps it and proves everyone wrong (of which she wont) she has the last laugh . the money she has pumped into the catering side at norwich she wont walk away from not at a loss anyway . she has ran out of ideas hence the new board members and praying they can save her bacon. she wont sell she has her point to prove to her doubters . its a no win situation really .[/quote]

makes sense to me.

Re: Why are we so unwanted? Discuss.

Discuss?  Discuss? Were you a school teacher Bly?

Can''t shake off old habits even in retirement eh?

Sorry, don''t do "discuss".

[;)]

COYY

[quote user="Buckethead"]Clearly because we have none of the attributes the average discerning Billionaire Banker would be after. I mean look what clinched todays Southampton deal (from Southampton Echo):

Markus Liebherr was attracted to Southampton by a number of qualities which include the Club''s rich sporting heritage, loyal fan base, first class stadium and training facilities and the potential for the Saints to regain their rightful place at the higher echelons of English football.
[/quote]

BTW. what new investment (other the £25k min to be an Associate Director a few years back)  did our new directors bring to the NCFC Plc. table?  Zilch? Zero?

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Re: Why are we so unwanted? Discuss.

Discuss?  Discuss? Were you a school teacher Bly?

Can''t shake off old habits even in retirement eh?

Sorry, don''t do "discuss".

[;)]

COYY

[/quote]

Quite frankly Lappy, I don''t think you''ve got even the very modest intellect necessary to discuss the matter

Perhaps that''s why you''re always the follower. At least your pal nutty tries - and as his deputy you really ought to do rather better.

Why do you give it a try for a change? Or are you afraid of where logic might lead you.

Dear oh dear.

But still. One love.

OTBC

I believe that no one will invest in us because of the image of us, the Norwich/ Norfolk people. I think that due to the perception that we are thick, slow witted Country Bumpkins with straw hanging out of our ears, no body with any money would wish to be associated with us. You only need to read Jeremy Clarkson and his belief that we still point at cars to get some idea how we are perceived. I am Norwich born and bred, but I often cringe when I hear my fellow Norfolk citizens speak on the Radio or on TV. To listen to Radio Norfolk after a game is a big embarassment, we sound really thick don''t we ? I remember cringeing when Robert Chase was interviewed back in the glory days, his accent was typical of the way we all speak hear in Naaridge, well at least it was to an outsider. I am often saddened when the few ex Norwich players and managers who have left and gone on to better things never seem to mention the fact that we ever employed them. Andy Townsend, Martin ONeill, Steve Bruce, Craig Bellamy, Dean Ashton, Gary Megson etc all seem to suffer from amnesia as far as we are concerned. We seem to suffer from a pitying condescending poor old Norwich image to the rest of the world , any success we had in the past seemed to be looked on as plucky little Norwich playing with the big boys , out of their depth never mind the fact that we deserved that bit of success. I hate being personal, but the image of our club is not improved by Auntie Delia and Uncle Michael and their surrogate son Bryan, we really look as if Norwich City is some kind of hobby to them , not a Professional Football Club trying to succeed in the 21st Century. We never see Marcus Evans at Ipswich, maybe he is right in hiding away, at least his choice of Manager shows an attempt at going for success whatever we may say about him. In closing, I would just like to say thank-you for giving me the opportunity to answer the above question, please don''t attack me to hard  !

[quote user="Romantic"]I think this is right. If someone was genuinely tempted they could simply make an aggressive offer in the public and the pressure would be on for a release. Look at how many knickers got twisted when Cullum started making noise and ultimately I don''t think that an offer actually materialised. [/quote]Dont spoil their fun

[quote user="John Morlar"]

I believe that no one will invest in us because of the image of us, the Norwich/ Norfolk people. I think that due to the perception that we are thick, slow witted Country Bumpkins with straw hanging out of our ears, no body with any money would wish to be associated with us. You only need to read Jeremy Clarkson and his belief that we still point at cars to get some idea how we are perceived. I am Norwich born and bred, but I often cringe when I hear my fellow Norfolk citizens speak on the Radio or on TV. To listen to Radio Norfolk after a game is a big embarassment, we sound really thick don''t we ? I remember cringeing when Robert Chase was interviewed back in the glory days, his accent was typical of the way we all speak hear in Naaridge, well at least it was to an outsider. I am often saddened when the few ex Norwich players and managers who have left and gone on to better things never seem to mention the fact that we ever employed them. Andy Townsend, Martin ONeill, Steve Bruce, Craig Bellamy, Dean Ashton, Gary Megson etc all seem to suffer from amnesia as far as we are concerned. We seem to suffer from a pitying condescending poor old Norwich image to the rest of the world , any success we had in the past seemed to be looked on as plucky little Norwich playing with the big boys , out of their depth never mind the fact that we deserved that bit of success. I hate being personal, but the image of our club is not improved by Auntie Delia and Uncle Michael and their surrogate son Bryan, we really look as if Norwich City is some kind of hobby to them , not a Professional Football Club trying to succeed in the 21st Century. We never see Marcus Evans at Ipswich, maybe he is right in hiding away, at least his choice of Manager shows an attempt at going for success whatever we may say about him. In closing, I would just like to say thank-you for giving me the opportunity to answer the above question, please don''t attack me to hard  !

[/quote]

Lets be havin ya!   

we''re liitttllleee ol Naarrwidge - please dont thrash us

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Quite frankly Lappy, I don''t think you''ve got even the very modest intellect necessary to discuss the matter

Perhaps that''s why you''re always the follower. At least your pal nutty tries - and as his deputy you really ought to do rather better.

[/quote]There you go again Bly, looking down your nose at us mortals and hurling insults from your lofty perch.

Bet you enjoyed rapping those poor boys knuckles with your wooden ruler.

Aah yes, them were the days!

COYY

Iba Iba hey, said....

Dont spoil their fun

I''d just love an aggressive takeover to materialise....even if it meant just pi$$ing you off...