Sign in to follow this  
TheboyMark

Is Lee this season's Iverson?

Here we are again, not too far away from the new season, without a target man. Forgive me for cynicism, but aren''t the noises coming from the club eerily similar to last season at his point in time? Much as I don''t want to believe it''ll happen again, can we rule out a that we''ll once again start a season without a target man?

Groundhog day again for us City fans,if Gunn says " we''ll go with what we''ve got" i''ll burst into tears! I have a big worry that we are about to be let down AGAIN by this club,hope i''m wrong!

That''s absolutely my concern too...it seems that the management (at the end of last season and the one before) are quick to hold their hands up and state what is missing from the team or what''s needed for the next season, but to then fail to address those observations for the start of the season is ridiculous. Surely they can''t let it happen again?

[quote user="TheboyMark"]That''s absolutely my concern too...it seems that the management (at the end of last season and the one before) are quick to hold their hands up and state what is missing from the team or what''s needed for the next season, but to then fail to address those observations for the start of the season is ridiculous. Surely they can''t let it happen again?[/quote]

Yes she..sorry, they can!!!

I will be gutted if we don''t get a decent striker, but don''t buy into the Lee myth. The guy was on the M1on the way  to sign for the Blades and only came here because of the offer of a huge bonus if we stayed up, so don''t fall for the "bleeds yellow and green" line. He''s a mercenary like the rest.

[quote user="Beauseant"]I will be gutted if we don''t get a decent striker, but don''t buy into the Lee myth. The guy was on the M1on the way  to sign for the Blades and only came here because of the offer of a huge bonus if we stayed up, so don''t fall for the "bleeds yellow and green" line. He''s a mercenary like the rest.[/quote]

Have you a back up to prove that Beauseant?, thats something I haven''t heard, but in these days it could well be true.

Oh god, Ameobi, Iverson - why remind us of such torturous ties!

[quote user="Beauseant"]I will be gutted if we don''t get a decent striker, but don''t buy into the Lee myth. The guy was on the M1on the way  to sign for the Blades and only came here because of the offer of a huge bonus if we stayed up, so don''t fall for the "bleeds yellow and green" line. He''s a mercenary like the rest.[/quote]I thought it was for Sheffield Wednesday? He was heavily linked to them - but yes other than that, I heard exactly the same thing.