Sign in to follow this  
knowhatimean

Kama on Goals on Sunday

Once again City have suffered because of a poor refereeing decision. highlighted by Chris Kumara on Sky Sunday morning.  He referred to Pompey''s first ''goal'' allowed when Camara was clearly in an offside position which was deemed by the Ref. not to be interfering with play, in spite of him being about a metre in front of Green. Kumara was adamant that the ''goal'' should have been disallowed and that the rule should be amended. Every week we see rueful Managers on TV complaining about refereeing decisions and I would like to know why somebody or an Association of Managers do not get together and lobby the FA to get these stupid rules corrected. We have all heard of the old adage that such decisions even themselves out over the course of a season but that is utter rubbish. Why can''t the FA get into the 21st century and introduce technology into the game, as with many other sports?  I know that this has been raised many many times before but how can we get this sorted out?  The referees need help and without it you will never get consistency in decision making. Tonight''s game for example, Pearce''s professional foul was correctly punished, unlike the foul against Hucks in the Arsenal game.

Sorry to be a bit Meldrewish about this but it is so frustrating that these incidents are happening with monotonous regularity.

Apart from the above - what a terrific game - even motormouth Marsh was drooling over it on Sky!!

Hope Worthy was watching tonight''s game which showed how positive attacking and an active midfield created so many chances.

OTBC

Yeah I thoroughly agree with you but it is such an ordeal to try to get all the decisions correct as in any sport you are always going to get referees/umpires get many wrong.  I noticed the offside when I saw the goal on TV but nobody on here mentioned it and SKY certainly did not mention it on Sat night neither did the MOTD team who are normally pretty hot that sort of thing so I did not bother to bring it up on here as I thought I was the only one and did not want to seem petty so I am glad that somebody like Kamara has mentioned it.  I am rather surprised nobody else in the game has mentioned it though because even one of our defenders put his hand up for offside but he has not even mentioned it.  Think it was Fleming.