Sign in to follow this  
SeattleCanary

So many possible team scenarios!

With being linked to so many players and having bids rejected, people on trial and then rumours aplenty, who do you really want to see in a city shirt this coming season, and who would you reluctantly or not so reluctantly see leave?

Trialists:

Mtandari

Chrysantho

Powell

Joarder

Nielson

Theoklitos (aquired)

WLY (dunno bout him)

Linked to:

Wade Small

Phil Ifill

Paul Parry

Simon Whaley

Alan Lee

Liam Dickinson

Grant Holt

Steven Hughes

Rhoys Wiggins

Warren Feeney

Academy products coming through:

Adeyemi

Smith

Dumic

Haberghabm

Daley

Lathrope

Martin (kind of youth)

Spillane (same as Martin)

Players linked away:

Clingan

Russel

Hoolahan

Docherty

Pattison

Obviously we were linked with OTJ, Gill and Nelson just before thry signed. But who else wouldyou like to see available as an NCFC player this year and a mix from who we could keep, buy or afford and with youth would u like to see feature. I think a team of:

Theoklitos/Rudd

Splillane                   Doc                     Stefanovic                  Drury/ another

Whaley/Neilson           Adeyemi/Gill           OTJ/Hughes              Hoolahan/Parry

Martin/Cody         Lee/Dickinson             

Clingan will leave in my opinion. would like to see Dumic and Smith along with Adeyemi given a real chance i think Daley and Lathrope arent ready. Also is there a youngster called Stephens come through aswell? well thats what i would like anyway. what does everyone else think?

You forgot the Serbian Maric, and on another site we are linked with Jason Demitrou from Orient.

[quote user="SpanishCanary"]

With being linked to so many players and having bids rejected, people on trial and then rumours aplenty, who do you really want to see in a city shirt this coming season, and who would you reluctantly or not so reluctantly see leave?

Trialists:

Mtandari

Chrysantho

Powell

Joarder

Nielson

Theoklitos (aquired)

WLY (dunno bout him)

Linked to:

Wade Small

Phil Ifill

Paul Parry

Simon Whaley

Alan Lee

Liam Dickinson

Grant Holt

Steven Hughes

Rhoys Wiggins

Warren Feeney

Academy products coming through:

Adeyemi

Smith

Dumic

Haberghabm

Daley

Lathrope

Martin (kind of youth)

Spillane (same as Martin)

Players linked away:

Clingan

Russel

Hoolahan

Docherty

Pattison

Obviously we were linked with OTJ, Gill and Nelson just before thry signed. But who else wouldyou like to see available as an NCFC player this year and a mix from who we could keep, buy or afford and with youth would u like to see feature. I think a team of:

Theoklitos/Rudd

Splillane                   Doc                     Stefanovic                  Drury/ another

Whaley/Neilson           Adeyemi/Gill           OTJ/Hughes              Hoolahan/Parry

Martin/Cody         Lee/Dickinson             

Clingan will leave in my opinion. would like to see Dumic and Smith along with Adeyemi given a real chance i think Daley and Lathrope arent ready. Also is there a youngster called Stephens come through aswell? well thats what i would like anyway. what does everyone else think?

[/quote]

Will never happen the ones in bold [:)]

yeh i forgot those thanks,i am being a dohnut.

i think this is the bussiest early summer i remember for being linked to players, having the amount of trialists we have and also already having signed 4 players too. Mind you all this is after losing Croft and Marshall so early on after the seasons end, by the way whats happened to the oh so imminent arrival of wade small heseems to have just been forgotten and would be free unlike any deal that would involve Whaley.

In my opinion, we''d still need a LB, RB, Two RM''s and at least 2 strikers. Once that''s done, I''d consider at least one more CM (presuming both Russel and Clingan leave) and a CB in order to allow Stefanovic time to be eased back in (maybe we could loan him out on a short-term basis in order for him to prove fitness and also save us wages?)

For the RB/LB position, if he is any good, Mtandari could be very useful and cheap back-up for both positions.

On the right wing, Nielson seems to have impressed and would be another decent addition (and again cheap) as a squad player. If we can somehow convince PNE to give us Whaley in exchange for Russel I''d be elated, as I think Whaley will be class at this level.

Maric (again, if any good) could fill one of the striker voids, and perhaps Lee the other? Attacking midfielder/striker Troy Powell could come in to add further depth to the squad without us spending loads, and the likes of Joarder and Chrysanthou would do similar jobs in their respective positions.

If we can get a squad like this by the Colchester game I''d be very pleased:

GK: Theoklitos, Rudd, Steer
DL: Drury, Mtandari, Habergham
DR: Otsemobor, Mtandari, Spillaine
DC: Nelson, Doherty, Stefanovic, Joarder, Spillaine, Dumic, Stephens
ML: Hoolahan, Lappin, Pattison
MR: Whaley, Nielson, Pattison
MC: Gill, Tudor-Jones, Pattison, Chrysanthou, Adeyemi, Smith
S    : Martin, McDonald, Lee, Cureton, Powell, Maric

Basically getting all the trialists in permanently (if they impress - I personally have no idea how well they''re doing, but good things are being said) which would mean Joarder, Mtandari, Chrysanthou, Nielson, Powell and Maric, as well as swapping Russel for Whaley and signing Lee.

That said, the chances of EVERY trialist signing are probably quite slim, as is the probability of bringing in 8 further new players. Either way, you''d hope after all that and the supposed Clingan sale there''d even be a bit of cash left over with which to go for a flair player. That''s when someone like Paul Parry would be a very welcome addition.

At the moment I''m pleased with what Gunn has done. Getting rid of Russel in exchance for Whaley is something I''m eagerly anticipating, as it will be a magnificent piece of business. Also really intrigued at how these trialists progress, and if any can do enough to earn a full-time contract.

One last thing...forgot Paul McVeigh! When the news first came through that he was back training with us, I believed he''d be a solid squad player. Now however, I''d struggle to see him fitting in, so time will tell on that one.

Also, Stephen Hughes is a poor player, and isn''t worth wasting time over.

With regards to Lee, as much as I liked him last season, I think we can do better now (I''d prefer Andy Bishop or Danny Graham). However, I believe Gunn will try to bring him in, as he built up a rapport with the fans, and Gunn will want as many people pro-management as possible. I''ve not got any great qualms over Lee, as I think he will do a good job in League One, just don''t think his age and price make him the best option.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]

Also, Stephen Hughes is a poor player, and isn''t worth wasting time over.

With regards to Lee, as much as I liked him last season, I think we can do better now (I''d prefer Andy Bishop or Danny Graham). However, I believe Gunn will try to bring him in, as he built up a rapport with the fans, and Gunn will want as many people pro-management as possible. I''ve not got any great qualms over Lee, as I think he will do a good job in League One, just don''t think his age and price make him the best option.

[/quote]Danny Graham signed for Watford does that make you feel a bit better?