Sign in to follow this  
ncfclad

Who was at fault for Dartfords second goal?

take a look to the far left of this pic...

http://www.thedarts.eu/2009-2010/adkins/110709/1/lg/51_...james_white_waits_for_it......htm

well Drury was trying to block the cross so Dario had to be where he was. But Otsemobor should have been tracking the player behind Dumic which he did not.

It was a meaningless friendly - Spillane in central midfield should tell you that!  Absolutely no point in reading anything into it.

[quote user="ACE"]It was a meaningless friendly - Spillane in central midfield should tell you that!  Absolutely no point in reading anything into it.
[/quote]

I thought he played very well there, looked to push fowards and link up with the strikers

[quote user="ncfclad"]well Drury was trying to block the cross so Dario had to be where he was. But Otsemobor should have been tracking the player behind Dumic which he did not.[/quote]

Take the play back a bit further, Semmy stepped up, Nelson stepped up, Drury stepped up Dario didn''t which is why the right winger was onside to recieve the pass. After that, they all had to track back to try and recover. Had he stepped, we would have had a free kick.

I didnt see the first part of the play so take your word for it.

I just have this thing against Otsemobor, after his terrible perform against Charlton it was his last chance for me. I want him out asap... and I honestly believe Gunn should be sacked if he starts against Colchester.

[quote user="Dogger in Div 1"]There''s no point hounding out players before the season starts for christ sake!!
[/quote]

Well said that man!

at the end of the day regardless if Dumic played him onside or it being offside u need to follow the players u were marking, and we could see Drury doing that, but Otsemobor looks like he was just standing there

[quote user="ncfclad"]at the end of the day regardless if Dumic played him onside or it being offside u need to follow the players u were marking, and we could see Drury doing that, but Otsemobor looks like he was just standing there[/quote]

if you follow your marker then he wont be offside will he?! wakey wakey! you need to learn the tactical side of the game a bit more...

serious question, when a defence plays the offside trap what do they do?

they all push up as a unit....

could be whats done in that photo.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="ncfclad"]at the end of the day regardless if Dumic played him onside or it being offside u need to follow the players u were marking, and we could see Drury doing that, but Otsemobor looks like he was just standing there[/quote]

if you follow your marker then he wont be offside will he?! wakey wakey! you need to learn the tactical side of the game a bit more...

serious question, when a defence plays the offside trap what do they do?

they all push up as a unit....

could be whats done in that photo.

jas :)

[/quote]

probably cus I dont really like playing the offside trap, i think its a risky tactic... anyway it is pretty hard to see exactly what happened with the goal using pics, i will further reserve my judgement for now until i have seen the highlights.

Otsemobor didn''t break his back to get back goal side of the defender but likewise Neilson didn''t get back in time either but ultimately this only occured due to the lack of organisation when stepping up.

No - they did not defend as a unit and maybe dumic was to blam.  However at 17 he will hopefully learn and avoiding making that mistake repeatedly ( I remember the great Dave Watson was class in his first season here,  but still made a blunder everygame for more than half  a season - but learnt from them)   

Drury,  who does not have Jons pace,  seems able to get back to close the winger down,   but jon with more time and greater pace does not have the awareness or effort to get back.  If he is a confidence player he should be looking to gain that confidence by giving a good account of himself in tehse friendlies

It wouldnt be a problem if it does not happen every game with Jon - and at his age he is not going to improve and seems incapable of learning.  Just because the defensive teams tactics has failed does not mean you stop defending,  with positioning and effort Jon could have made the chance difficult for the striker,   as usual he did not.