Sign in to follow this  
Gentleman Jim

Safri ?

Fair enough wasn''t in the team, but surprisingly not even on the bench !

Is he injured , in the bad books or another relegated to the wilderness like Brennen & co ?

Did anyone see him at the match at all ?

just tactical. Helveg on bench has defence and midfield options. Doc def and forward. Svensson was up for a run out (we need to try and find a goalscorer) and McVeigh was ready should Jonson fail. Hence- no Safri.

At least that''s my bet- nothing sinister at all 

I agree that the reason for no Safri was purely tactical. He was withdrawn against Liverpool at half time. Back with 4-4-2 he, as expected, lost the battle with Holt to play alongside Francis.

From there we need a defender (Helveg) midfielder (McVeigh) and a couple of strikers. I would have gone for Jarvis alongside Docherty but Svensson was a good choice. As Doc and Helveg are multi positional, including defensive midfield I think they were good choices. As we are at home an attacking midfield option was needed. McVeigh has done well when coming of the bench so makes a logical choice as he can play on either wing.

Cant see Safri figuring for a fewgames unless there is an injury, cos I thought our starting 11 played well and the subs are a good mix/choice.

OTBC

I saw Safri wandering up the stairs with Hendo, Jarvis and Brennan (who has a rather fit girlfriend, though too much make-up. A danger of shrapnel damage if she smiled, that sort). The guy on the door asked Brennan when we were going to see him playing but I missed the response. From the look on the chap''s face I think it was quite caustic.

hi i think that safri would be the right player to play in the formation instead of either francis or holt as he can be the player to put mckenzie or huckerby throu for goal scoring oppertunies as with no offence to either francis or holt they arent that type of player and i for one think it was harsh to leave him out on saturday

OTBC We will win soon.!

Understandable, but a surprise nonetheless to see safri not even on the bench on Saturday.

Shame for the North African fan-club I met outside the ground before ther game - yellow and green fezes one-and all:bet they were most disappointed not to see their hero!

I believe Safri is an ideal swap for Holt - similar players, but Safri has the better pass. Is he any less committed? No. Has he the ability to go from box to box? Unknown - but looks to me that he can.

If I had any quibble, it would be his disciplinary record - its not good. Already he has a few yellows this year - sadly, those I have seen were all marginal - nothing malicious.

have to agree with you ayrton

the fact safri was left out and holt was on the field still speaks volumes to me, maybe i am just paranoid, but if we are still not trashing teams and going on 3 match running sequences by xmas, you will have to look to the midfield distribution!